Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-09-2019, 07:15 AM   #1
Xinfamousx

Drives: Camaro 1LE 2015
Recommendation on brakes

Hi guys first time poster! I have a 2015 Camaro 1LE and need new brakes. I really don’t race the car and just use it as a daily driver. With so many options I’m not sure which to get. I can’t afford the OEM right now and was looking at the ceramic hawks but those are like $350. Could you suggest which brakes are good and maybe a link to then.

Thanks
Xinfamousx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Try your local auto parts stores. Always had great luck with Autozone Duralast Gold. As good as OEM.....and cheaper.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I got my set through R1 Concepts here on the forum. Shoot them a pm through THIS username, and they'll hook you up with forum member discounts. I won't go into the long version, but they did me very awesome when looking at new brakes.

I've not yet installed them (waiting for weather to warm up so I can paint my calipers at the same time) but the service was great, pricing was reasonable, and they delivered quickly. All the parts are there, and they look great, so I don't see any reason I'll be disappointed.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I have been on R1 concept drilled/slotted rotors for five years now. I have done some very mild track and autocross days (just a few) and they have held up very well, look great and do not create a lot of brake dust (I also use Hawk ceramic pads).

I would only recommend you get the newer plated ones as rust will form on the inside of the slots and holes in the rotors, if you are concerned about appearance.

However, if you are ever planning on seriously tracking your 1LE, if have to go with a good quality rotor and pad, which may cost more but will be a much better investment for you.
PFADT stage 3 suspension kit, SW LTH, SW cat less retro exhaust, MGW short throw, 3.91 gears, MRR Z28 wheels, Roto Fab CAI, SLP underpully, 255cc ported heads, TSP 229/236 Cam, ZL1 pump, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, ID850 injectors, Snow Stage III Meth kit
480whp/460wtq tuned by Dynosty
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote