Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
BAR label

Drives: 2ss summit white
Seat now reclines

Finally found time to modifiy seat to recline. Road trip time.
What do you think about this mod?

Bar label from S bay area.
Attached Images

BAR label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
That's a great Mod, I just PRAY that You never get "REAR-ENDED". ANY insurance Co. would deny ANY payout for Neck or Back injury if they found out that You changed ANYTHING in that SEAT!!!!! Let the HATE MAIL BEGIN!!!!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
What did you do?
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
BAR label

For those who are concern about seat mods..... Don't you think, buying a factory missle should be the biggest concern. Look at all the other mods that 99% people do... with bigger consequences. Just to put things in perspective .
Old 07-30-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
Rustydaytons
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy
Uh why
Rustydaytons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #6
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Sounds like this is a fat person mod. Mine reclines just fine. Who would need it to go further back?
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
hzisfrom1994
ZYJ

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro/6 speed
Can you elaborate how did you disconnect the harness? I couldn't figure it out. My other question is, did you cut the zip-tie where the harness is?

Thanks!
hzisfrom1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
BAR label

I'm sure most thinking people will find many good reasons for reclining seats eg... BJ. Your ignorance really shines.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #9
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
Sounds like this is a fat person mod. Mine reclines just fine. Who would need it to go further back?
It's not for fat people - the seat has limited recline. Not that anyone is going to drive the car in that position, but sometimes if you just want to take a break, or you're waiting in the car for someone at the store, or the passenger wants to take a nap on a long trip...... every other car on planet earth with reclining seats recline all the way down. As do the ZL1 seats!!!! From the factory!!!!

The only logical explanation I can gather is the convertible does have less rear seat room than the coupe and thus the front seat couldn't recline all the way back. So they welded these limiters on to prevent people from burning out the motor trying to recline in the convertible, and used the same seats in the coupe as a cost cutting measure.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #10
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
No, it forces you to sit far too upright, about 92 degrees or so. For me that's a very unnatural driving position: your head is up against the headrest constantly. For me about 120 degrees is perfect. EVERY other Recaro/sport seat I've had in my rides recline further except the Camaro. It's my only complaint about an incredible car. I will be doing the mod too.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAR label View Post
Finally found time to modifiy seat to recline. Road trip time.
What do you think about this mod?

Bar label from S bay area.
Did you have to drill out a stop pin? I can't tell from the pic which shows the gears and the mechanisms.
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM   #12
Jamesg89

Drives: 2019 2SS & 1998 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAR label View Post
I'm sure most thinking people will find many good reasons for reclining seats eg... BJ. Your ignorance really shines.
I like the way you think
Jamesg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #13
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
I guess as long as 5° back from vertical is fine. I am almost at the limiter just for normal daily driving.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #14
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
It's not for fat people - the seat has limited recline. Not that anyone is going to drive the car in that position, but sometimes if you just want to take a break, or you're waiting in the car for someone at the store, or the passenger wants to take a nap on a long trip...... every other car on planet earth with reclining seats recline all the way down. As do the ZL1 seats!!!! From the factory!!!!

The only logical explanation I can gather is the convertible does have less rear seat room than the coupe and thus the front seat couldn't recline all the way back. So they welded these limiters on to prevent people from burning out the motor trying to recline in the convertible, and used the same seats in the coupe as a cost cutting measure.
I completly agree, went on a Labor Day road trip and the lack of a recline pass seat made my other half say we should have taken the KIA Optima I also like to take a break when driving and the lack of recline is dissapointing to me, I would def be up for doing this mod.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote