Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #15
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
An update on these. The tires were out for a bit but theyre shipping today to me. I should have them mounted and on the car by mid next week so Ill post up some pics then. I did some measuring and research prior to finally ordering them and I cant imagine theyll rub but ill be the first to know lol
. I run 315/35/20 PSS 2 on the rear now with zero issues whatsoever for over 10k miles, those tires are 28.7" tall with a section width of 12.6 and a tread width of 11.6
The M&H are .7" shorter with a section width of 12.8 and a tread width of 11.3
Fishinfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:41 PM   #16
D3R3K
Sittin side ways

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
The won't rub. Someone here is running the 390/40/17 and its a 29.5 tall tire.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #17
Fishinfirefighter

Holy S^&!T
WOW, thats all I have to say about that.. Without a burn out to heat them up @ 27psi I was able to darn near dead hook first on a non-prepped concrete residential street with these tires!! Also just now was the first time since I bought the car I was able to no-lift-shift 1st to 2nd without breaking loose. It is hotter than HELL out here today though so Im sure thats helping. I wish I hadnt taken them for a spin on the streets now Im not sure Im going to be able to put my PSS back on and im surely going to end up going through 2 sets this summer if I dont
No rubbing, theyre actually slightly narrower than my PSS 315s and nearly the same height only a tad shorter. Once I figure out where to host an image since I cant upload Ill post a pic or 2.
But seriously those tires have me in a state of shock right now. I walked in the house with a huge shit-eating grin afterward and my wife thought Id just bought something expensive without telling her (my M.O. usually).

edit: I just had the car dyno'd 2 days ago 577rwhp with a heat index of 116 degrees so when things cool down, my boost/power picks picks up and the streets arent so friendly maybe they wont be so impressive. But as of right now theyre the best investment Ive made to my car.

Last edited by Fishinfirefighter; 08-11-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-11-2016, 09:54 PM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
That's awesome... glad I was wrong and your research paid off. Just sell the Michelins..
Old 08-12-2016, 01:02 AM   #19
Fishinfirefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's awesome... glad I was wrong and your research paid off. Just sell the Michelins..
Thanks. To be honest I'll be selling my entire stock wheel set with the ps2 AND the track setup in a few months to afford a set of welds. They just look so good I can't handle it. The beadlocks are just too sexy. I've got a bunch more parts going in soon so I think 17" or smaller is inevitable.
But, they will definitely get the job done for now.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:25 AM   #20
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Be careful pushing those replicas on the street might bend/snap a rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishinfirefighter View Post
Holy S^&!T
WOW, thats all I have to say about that.. Without a burn out to heat them up @ 27psi I was able to darn near dead hook first on a non-prepped concrete residential street with these tires!! Also just now was the first time since I bought the car I was able to no-lift-shift 1st to 2nd without breaking loose. It is hotter than HELL out here today though so Im sure thats helping. I wish I hadnt taken them for a spin on the streets now Im not sure Im going to be able to put my PSS back on and im surely going to end up going through 2 sets this summer if I dont
No rubbing, theyre actually slightly narrower than my PSS 315s and nearly the same height only a tad shorter. Once I figure out where to host an image since I cant upload Ill post a pic or 2.
But seriously those tires have me in a state of shock right now. I walked in the house with a huge shit-eating grin afterward and my wife thought Id just bought something expensive without telling her (my M.O. usually).

edit: I just had the car dyno'd 2 days ago 577rwhp with a heat index of 116 degrees so when things cool down, my boost/power picks picks up and the streets arent so friendly maybe they wont be so impressive. But as of right now theyre the best investment Ive made to my car.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:11 AM   #21
Fishinfirefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
Be careful pushing those replicas on the street might bend/snap a rim.
Thats the first I've heard this. From the 3 forums I frequent ive honestly not come across a single bent/broken wheel thread from factory reproductions yet . Has anyone had any issues you know of? Unless you mean the chinese eBay c6 reps?