The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Car and Driver hates the Challenger

I was just snooping around and came across this article. I don't know if you guys have seen this or not.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...e+page-14.html
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Hmmmm

how much longer do we have to wait on SS reviews.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE

Cobalt owned.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
Camaroconvert

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Crap on them, the challenger is a Stud among revived cars. If the Camaro wasn't coming out this year i'd be getting one those bad boys. It gives the nostalgia of a traditional mucsle car with modern conviniences and attitude. Anyways, C&D suck.
Camaroconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroconvert View Post
Crap on them, the challenger is a Stud among revived cars. If the Camaro wasn't coming out this year i'd be getting one those bad boys. It gives the nostalgia of a traditional mucsle car with modern conviniences and attitude. Anyways, C&D suck.
Everything they said is true. The car is heavy and handles like a boat. What else can be said?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Everything they said is true. The car is heavy and handles like a boat. What else can be said?
its fast in a straight line like all muscle cars should....

i cant wait till the camaro does the skidpad just slightly better than the challenger. if the challenger handles like a boat, then a SS is going to handle like a 200lb lighter boat....still handles like a boat.

btw if you actually read the magazine article they loved the car....just thought that it needed a manual which is out NOW and handling wasnt great.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
i cant wait till the camaro does the skidpad just slightly better than the challenger. if the challenger handles like a boat, then a SS is going to handle like a 200lb lighter boat....still handles like a boat.
You really haven't read the Prototype V6 Camaro reviews, have you? Or G8 reviews....
Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
its fast in a straight line like all muscle cars should....

btw if you actually read the magazine article they loved the car....just thought that it needed a manual which is out NOW and handling wasnt great.
Yeah I read it and I would definately not say they hated it, but it seemed they were saying that they liked it but did not feel it will be hugely sucessful due to its lack of agility. Hopefully the Camaro will have the best of both worlds - great skid pad #'s as well as straight acceleraltion, and it looks like this will be the case since the V6 has performed well in these fields considering it is not the "performance" model.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #9
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Yeah I read it and I would definately not say they hated it, but it seemed they were saying that they liked it but did not feel it will be hugely sucessful due to its lack of agility. Hopefully the Camaro will have the best of both worlds - great skid pad #'s as well as straight accel.
yea they loved straight line but did not like cornering.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #10
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You really haven't read the Prototype V6 Camaro reviews, have you? Or G8 reviews....
yes I did which weighs less and will corner better...and you cant counter with but the SE is light too.....cuz it BLOWS and has a 4 speed auto compared to a 6 speed camaro.

the camaro will no doubt turn better than the challenger ....I just want to see by how much.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #11
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
yea they loved straight line but did not like cornering.
Yup, and I do a lot of highway driving so I like the car (well I have not yet driven it, but it just sounds like something I would like). However Car and Driver seems to be in the mindset that true muscle cars are dead, and more sportscar needs to be put into these revived ponycars if they are to do well in the coming years.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
psh. The SE isn't even on the radar. I wouldn't use it to counter anything!

The only Mustang and Challenger models they've tested seriously recently is the big boys...and they're saying the V6 Camaro's handling is already better than those.

Plus, the V6 Camaro is only 100lbs down from the SS...and the SS will have an upgraded suspension to compensate and more (plus bigger tires)....*sigh*...I can't WAIT for the SS reviews to come out...we can stop bench racing.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #13
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
psh. The SE isn't even on the radar. I wouldn't use it to counter anything!

The only Mustang and Challenger models they've tested seriously recently is the big boys...and they're saying the V6 Camaro's handling is already better than those.

Plus, the V6 Camaro is only 100lbs down from the SS...and the SS will have an upgraded suspension to compensate and more (plus bigger tires)....*sigh*...I can't WAIT for the SS reviews to come out...we can stop bench racing.
yea but just for kicks...the SRT8 AUTO again I said auto did the skid in .86
and the g8 gxp did it in .88 so not much of a differnce...I expect SS manual and srt8 manual to be sepearted by .3 or less.

hey at least I can say the srt8 eclipsed the Bullits skid numbers...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #14
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
exactly Dragoneye Exactly!!!