The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by $anani View Post
if chevy wouldnt come out with anything i would be driving a GTO right now but im holding on tight for now. i really want a sports car but im staying faithful.
As would I! I test drove an '06 last Friday and SERIOUSLY thought about buying it right then. I held off of course, mainly becasue my wife would have killed me. But daaaamn that thing was fast!

As for the Challenger, I don't see how anyone can say the Challenger is going to have a more powerful motor than the Camaro as no one knows for sure what is going tobe in the Camaro. It is true that the Challenger has more power than the Camaro Concept though. However, I highly doubt the Camaro will have 400HP when it is released... my guess is that it will be more like 420-450HP.

I wouldn't buy one even if the Camaro wasn't coming out (like I said, it would be GTO for me) mainly because I think it looks straight out of the 70's. I don't think Dodge did enough to give it modern styling at all. The order I would have to go would be Camaro, GTO, '02 Camaro, Mustang, Challenger. Plus I hear the Challanger is going to be a bit of a whale.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #16
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
If I bought that car I'd hafta wear daisy dukes everytime I drove it. It would just feel wrong if I didnt.
NICE. DO IT!... and take a pic for us...

There's no comparo to the Camaro, IMO.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #17
Moosen75

Drives: Junk til 2008
Send a message via AIM to Moosen75
Casull i have the same list going for myself. im really curious if gm is thinking about building a new goat, then i will have a tie for number 1. but for the in the mean time the camaro is on top.
Moosen75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #18
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
Casull i have the same list going for myself. im really curious if gm is thinking about building a new goat, then i will have a tie for number 1. but for the in the mean time the camaro is on top.

It's just a question of how it will look?
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
WMCC Doug
Camaro for life

Drives: 2002 Hot Rod Magazine Ltd. Ed.
Hey Buster,

You're about to be "officially" and Old Geezer! Welcome to the other side of the hill, buddy. LOL

My first car was a '64 Impala 2dr, 327 4bbl, Powerglide. My first new car was my '74 Camaro Type LT/Z28, which I still own. I've owned 4 Camaros since 1974 and still own them all!

I've been very satisfied in owning most of the cars I drempt of, except maybe I would have liked to own a 1970 1/2 Z28, too.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 AM   #20
Marosolid
Mustang Muncher

Drives: 1967 Camaro & 2001 Camaro Z28
Has anybody played Need For Speed Carbon? You can drive the new charger in the game it's a beast. You can also drive a 69 maro. The cars are all fully customizable. It;s pretty tight. I definately would not get the charger over the maro, but if I could afford it I might get both.....NOT!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #21
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Seems like a lot of people don't even know what to call it! Challenger - Charger, whatever... Great name recognition.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:16 AM   #22
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Having seen both "up close and personal" the Challenger is a bigger car. It's built of a shortened 300C chassis.

From what I've gathered, it'll be offered in limited numbers, with the 6.2L Hemi. If you're looking for a "muscle car" with seating for four, the Challenger is your car.

It's a nice looking car.

IMO though, the new Camaro's styling is better.

(A funny "incident" at last years NYIAS. I walked over to look at the Challenger, and the guy working on the Challenger for Dodge commented how much he liked the new Camaro, and that he owns an SS himself! )
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #23
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I really like the new Challenger. Its definitely on my list of cars to look at. It all depends on how the respective dealers treat me and what they offer me in '08-'09. If the GM dealers try to screw me over on price too much on the Camaro, I'll look seriously at a Challenger. If DCX try to screw me over too much on price, I'll look at a Mustang. My 1st choice is the Camaro. But I think the added competition in the market place may prevent the excessive gouging we've seen with the stangs.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #24
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Seems like a lot of people don't even know what to call it! Challenger - Charger, whatever... Great name recognition.
my thoughts exactly lol
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #25
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
ITS A DODGE SO I DONT LIKE IT
1bad67camaro is offline   Reply With Quote