The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
And speaking of the BRZ.... what made you decide on the BRZ vs. the FRS?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
imported_Snowvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Are you still loving your brz? Even missing the camaro at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And speaking of the BRZ.... what made you decide on the BRZ vs. the FRS?
I do still love the BRZ, but having two cars sitting in my garage with summer only tires was killing me this week. My Dakota was in the shop all weekend with massive issues related to a bad caliper on the right front. Had to swollow some humble pie and borrow my father's Equinox to get to and from work since we had an inch of snow each day.

With that being said, the BRZ and the Camaro are drastically different animals. The BRZ isn't underpowered for what they wanted it to be, but a bit more would be nice. The balance and handling on it make it incredibly fun to drive. This time of the year, I have to flip a coin to decide which one I want to drive. Summer will probably be a different story when it get's nice enough to drop the top on the Camaro again.

Regarding the choice of the BRZ over the FR-S, I liked the interior on the BRZ better and also liked that there were some options available on the BRZ that you couldn't get stock on the FR-S. I stumbled across the BRZ Limited in my favorite color, used on a Chevy lot. I hadn't planned on buying one this year, but I couldn't pass up the deal. For being a mid to high $20k car, the interior is very nice on it. Ironically enough, the previous owner had traded it in on a Camaro SS because he wanted more power.

I agree with him that the power in the Camaro is much nicer, but the agile handling of that BRZ makes up for a lot when it comes to finding joy in a drive.
Attached Images

imported_Snowvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #31
Nawambo

Drives: 2023 Kia EV6 GT (577hp!)
^^^ Very nice. I seriously considered a BRZ and thought about just modding my STI and getting a BRZ, but then I finally convinced the wife that I "needed" the Boss and all is good in this world.

I drove a BRZ and they are beautiful sharp handling machines... Having driven Lotus Elises and Exiges, I would consider one someday.
2013 Boss 302 (Sold)
2006 STI (Sold)
Track and Rally Partners
Nawambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #32
gthal

Drives: 2014 Z51 coupe
I'll be trading in a 2012 Mercedes C63 coupe for two cars... the C7 and a Kia Sportage . I drive the C63 year round (I live in Canada) but won't be doing this with the C7 and also need something to truck kids in when the wife can't.
1996 BMW M3 | Estoril blue | Track car | Heavily modded for the track but still street legal... barely
Previous: 2011 M3 coupe | Jerez black | Fox Red interior | Competition Package | M-DCT
gthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I refuse to trade in my Camaro. I might add the Vette eventually.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #34
WesC5

Drives: 2004 Silver Corvette Coupe
No trade. Just sold my 2001 vette coupe (Mag Red) 15 months ago.... I miss her! Still have my '04 vette. Been saving my pennies for many years waiting on the C7....and so dang glad I did. Amazing piece of American ingenuity!
WesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
DRTH VDR

Drives: 2012 triple black ZL-1 #799
Really have to see the C7 in the flesh and then it's either a garage expansion or sell the 2012 ZL1.
Attached Images

DRTH VDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #36
Gohan

Anyone going to have both the 5th gen Camaro and the C7 Corvette in their garage? (keeping the Camaro)
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #37
imported_Snowvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
Anyone going to have both the 5th gen Camaro and the C7 Corvette in their garage? (keeping the Camaro)
If, when the time comes, I could make it work, I would. I hate to say it though, it would make much more sense to keep the BRZ if I can swing that. The BRZ has basically become my daily driver. Two garage queens would be too much for me (at least until retirement when I would have more time to enjoy both).
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #38
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Present.
Good chance I am... along with the rival one too. :madgrin:
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #39
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
I don't drive all my cars as it is, so the Camaro's going to go and maybe another one...or two.

It's just so hard to decide. I'll say "I'm going to sell this one" but then I have all these reasons I just don't want to.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #40
Gohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
I don't drive all my cars as it is, so the Camaro's going to go and maybe another one...or two.

It's just so hard to decide. I'll say "I'm going to sell this one" but then I have all these reasons I just don't want to.
That's always how it is.. you can never have enough toys, even if you don't get to play with all of them much

What's your current car lineup look like? Sounds like more than just the two cars in your profile
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #41
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Just sold my 2006 C6 and I'm in the process of selling my 2010 Camaro SS. Anybody want to buy my Camaro? It's mint, VR,2SS,RS,L99, cyber grey stripes and gills,black leather,heritage grill,9300 miles.
Asking $27,500
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #42
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Until I know more about the C7 I won't plan on trading. However, if the power, weight and options come in right I'll be trading in my 08 C6. Running slower for more money doesn't sound terribly inviting. Of course if with only a few mods the C7 runs better then might be trading.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote