The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
mahituna

Drives: 427 Corvette
Deposit now - delivered when

Trying to get an idea from you guys, not a salesman if you put a deposit down today with a dealer when would you probably take delivery. Also any ideas on the best way to find the right dealer to put a deposit with. Thanks. I respect your opinions.
mahituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
The first question is almost unanswerable for this introductory period but in general and soon for the C7 six weeks if the dealer has allocation.

To answer the second question one would need to know what is meant by best. If best means quickest order fulfillment look for a Chevrolet dealer that has fifty or a hundred Corvettes in inventory as those several dealers will get the lions share of allocation.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I guessed december with the amount of poeple leaving deposit.. my dealer says i might get it in sept since he said every dealer not getting allocation at once and my dealer got there allocations.. but these are all guesses...
if you want ASAP find a dealer that has an allocation already and can put order into GM..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
As Wimpy would say, " I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
laborsmith

It appears order that once had June TPWs then July TPWs are being given August TPWs, indicating the early TPWs were a result of a glitch or gremlin in the system. Chevy has yet to announce an official start of production date which makes a start in early August seem likely.

If regular production starts on August 5, it is still likely deliveries to the dealer will be the last weekend before Labor Day.

Laborsmith
Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Frankster80

Drives: 2010 Nissan Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
It appears order that once had June TPWs then July TPWs are being given August TPWs, indicating the early TPWs were a result of a glitch or gremlin in the system. Chevy has yet to announce an official start of production date which makes a start in early August seem likely.

If regular production starts on August 5, it is still likely deliveries to the dealer will be the last weekend before Labor Day.

Laborsmith
I've heard rumors that orders are getting TPW starting 8/12 with expected delivery of 6-8 weeks later.

Like I said, these are just rumors. If you hear anything different, please let me know.
Frankster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
laborsmith

I believe there remain reports of 7/1 and 7/8 TPWs and there are a few 3300s without TPWs. I strongly doubt regular production will start before the end of July and an early August start seems likely. The reason for my doubt is simple: Chevrolet has not announced the start of regular production date, something that happens well in advance for any of their products but most especially for their high profile products. Remember, the first C7 has been sold for $1,000,000 and the successful buyer traditionally is there for the press coverage as he drives the car the final several feet off the assembly line, as press coverage will be extensive.

I have no idea why late June and early July TPWs came to light, other than a glitch, and anyone who has pre-ordered any vehicle in the past can affirm how unstable tracking can be. That is one reason I vow to never do a retail pre production start order ever again and I have always stuck to that vow, with the exception of my last several pre-orders.

If regular production starts August 5, the first thousand will be at the ordering dealer before Labor Day weekend. If later (and August 12 seems to be the earliest since the wholesale pullback) than the same time frame plus the one or more weeks after August 5. There may be an exception, but Chevy generally starts regular production on Monday.

Laborsmith
Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
laborsmith

I have been puzzled about why the earliest new TPWs are August 12, and am now of the opinion the Premiere Edition (numbering 500) are scheduled to be built the week of August 5. This was a head slap thought as I should have figured that out last Friday with the reveal.

Laborsmith
Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
laborsmith

Although additional allocations were made available this morning, the actual Corvette consensus will not begin until next Thursday, so on July 17 those at status 3000 should be at 3100 or 3300. Those at 3300 should start showing 3400 at the end of July. All of this activity is predicated on regular production starting in the first half of August as Chevy has not announced a production start date as far as I know.

Except for the since pulled late June early July TPWs, all of this is moving along in a normal way. It may not seem normal, but it is.

Laborsmith
Old 07-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
GQ4Life

Quote:
Although additional allocations were made available this morning, the actual Corvette consensus will not begin until next Thursday, so on July 17 those at status 3000 should be at 3100 or 3300. Those at 3300 should start showing 3400 at the end of July. All of this activity is predicated on regular production starting in the first half of August as Chevy has not announced a production start date as far as I know.

Except for the since pulled late June early July TPWs, all of this is moving along in a normal way. It may not seem normal, but it is.

Laborsmith
so if u change ur order to premiere edition u will get it a week earlier?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 07-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
laborsmith

One can not order a Premiere Edition. One can find a dealer getting a PE and make an offer. The PE Stingrays will be delivered to the dealers at the same time, on the same trucks, as the early builds. That is to say, the 500 PE Stingrays being delivered to those dealers who sold at least seven 2012 Corvettes will be part of the first 1400-1500 Stingray deliveries. If you are at 3300 and your order is with one of those dealers the chances are excellent your order will arrive with the PE Stingray.

Laborsmith
Old 07-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
GQ4Life

Quote:
One can not order a Premiere Edition. One can find a dealer getting a PE and make an offer. The PE Stingrays will be delivered to the dealers at the same time, on the same trucks, as the early builds. That is to say, the 500 PE Stingrays being delivered to those dealers who sold at least seven 2012 Corvettes will be part of the first 1400-1500 Stingray deliveries. If you are at 3300 and your order is with one of those dealers the chances are excellent your order will arrive with the PE Stingray.

Laborsmith
Oh okay cool thank you
Old 07-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Frankster80

Drives: 2010 Nissan Frontier
Could someone shed some light on how GM is processing the orders. I made the 1st consensus and was @ 3000 on 6/5, since then I have seen orders that did not make it to 3000 until later that month and are now @ 3300. While I am slightly irritated I am also happy for them as my order still sits at 3000. I am very confused as to how they chose which orders to process and build first.
Frankster80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster

Drives: 2017 GS 3LT Sterling Blue/Gray Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster80 View Post
Could someone shed some light on how GM is processing the orders. I made the 1st consensus and was @ 3000 on 6/5, since then I have seen orders that did not make it to 3000 until later that month and are now @ 3300. While I am slightly irritated I am also happy for them as my order still sits at 3000. I am very confused as to how they chose which orders to process and build first.
I think the first round of allocations will be built over 3 TPWs, being the first round consisted of 1066 units, so if they produce 8 to 10 a hour that round will be taken care of. Why some went to 3300 and others stayed at 3000 is anyones guess, I do know of 5 orders for base cars and all went to 3300 overall it appears well above 75% of the sold orders are Z51 packages and some of those also got moved to 3300. My guess is you will get built in the second or third week of production. I am in the same boat 3LT, Z51, MRC and NPP @ 3000.
BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote