The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
2LT Constraint?

-I ordered a 2LT with Z51 about a month ago.

-I waited and waited and waited. Finally I ordered the Museum Album, so that they'll update me better and take pictures when it's being built. When I look at the pictures though, it sure looks like a 3LT.

-So I call the Dealer and he keeps reassuring me that it's ordered to the exact specifications that I put the deposit down on. I call him back, and tell him that I'm looking at pictures of the actual car, and it sure looks like a 3LT.

-Finally, he said, oh when we ordered it, the only way it would go through is as a 3LT. They said they weren't taking 2LT's at the time. I asked why he didn't call me and give me the option of upgrading to the 3LT or waiting longer for the 2LT, and he didn't have an answer for me.

-Has anyone ever heard of a 2LT constraint before?? It makes no sense to me, and it seems like he's just forcing me to pay more for it.

I haven't taken delivery yet (it's being shipped now). What should I do/what would you do? Just pay for the 3LT? Refuse to pay for the 3LT (the order sheet I signed and put a deposit on is for a 2LT with 2LT pricing)? (But if I did that, then I'd have to wait for another one to be built).
Do you think there's any chance that I can get the dealer to agree to sell it to me at the 2LT price that I had signed for?
Attached Images

noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
H2OStingray

Drives: 2014 Red/Red Z51 3LT
That makes no sense to me. The 3LT adds nav standard and the upgraded interior.
H2OStingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
Consult an attorney. Bring your contract and attorney with you to the delivery. Tell the attorney he can borrow the Vette for a day if you get the 3LT for a 2LT price. :-) --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I sadly agree with Warp Ten (nothing against Warp Ten! Just a sad situation) - get an attorney. It looks like your dealer is trying to pull a bait and switch scam. The 3LT gets everything the 2LT does, just adds more content with a higher profit margin. If 2LTs were on any constraint, so would the 3LTs! Seems a pretty clear case since the dealer never consulted you regarding the change, and you have signed documentation with an agreed price and options. I would certainly shoot for the 3LT at the 2LT price!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
RJ111

Drives: 2015 ZL1
My 2LT Z51 order was picked up last month, and will be delivered next week. No such thing as a 2LT constraint. Sounds like the Dealer is trying to pull a fast one.

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 rwhp,646 rwtq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Don't get an attorney - the dealer atty and yours will spin up the fees for more than the diff in this price swap the dealer did. Besides the buyer order you have probably has no VIN or order # on it?

Instead, go get your money back and walk...call a forum dealer --> Kirbeck, Criswell, Coughlin or MacMulkin and order a new car and get straight up treatment.

File A BBB against the dealer for deceptive practices, but just let it go...Life's too short when you can get what you want.

but it's fairly obvious what happened here: the dealer ordered a 3LT...NOTE TO OTHERS: this is why you need to see the GM workbench order the minute that the order is accepted by GM. Mine was sent to me in a PDF email the minute my order was accepted and went 2000....

Last edited by Glen e; 12-20-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
urrtoast

Drives: Older
Your paper work and deposit is for a 2lt Z51. The car they have is not the car you ordered then don't accept it. Or pay the Ransom
urrtoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
Resolution

Thank you for everyone who replied to this thread. I probably was just planning on eating the price difference but your opinions spurred me on to fight it.

I can not begin to say how helpful this whole forum was. It allowed me to know how much the big dealers were selling their C7's for, what constraints were out there, and even how much an extended warranty should cost.

So I went into the dealer today to discuss the situation. They maintained throughout that there was a 2LT constraint and the only way the order would be accepted was as a 3LT. They offered me 3 options: 1) Buy the car as is 2) Submit a new order or 3) Walk away.

I told him that it didn't feel right and it felt like a bait and switch. We had agreed to a price and he should honor that. I offered the carrot: If you make me happy, then I'll praise your dealership and do all of my maintenance and repairs there (honestly, I think they'll make a lot more off of me at that end).
That didn't work. So then the stick. Beforehand I had read all about my state's laws on Deceptive Trade Practices and printed it out and found an article about a car dealer that was being sued by the attorney general for taking orders and then delivering a different car.

Yet he still maintained that it was a constraint, and that he wasn't making any more money off of the 3LT than the 2LT. So I called him on that. I said, Ok, I'll take the 3LT for the same profit margin that you would have made if you had produced the 2LT that I ordered.

And voila: now I'm getting a 3LT Z51 within a month of placing the order for about 1500 below MSRP, financed through him for 1.48% for 72 mos!
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Excellent outcome, well thought out and done without hysterics........make note of this in the survey you get after delivery and seek out another place to get your service. Eliminate any additional future profit you might give them.

If you go now to another close dealer, meet the service manager and explain why you are seeking his help, you will get solid service before you ever need it.

Last edited by Glen e; 12-21-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote