Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #281
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I thought I read you could get a diff cooler with the car. I'll try to find it.
It is listed on the print ad that it has all the coolers. Engine, oil and diff
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #282
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
OK, I stand corrected. I was hoping Ford wasn't that dumb...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #283
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
There’s a fella who posts pretty darn accurate info on SVTP that says it will in fact have its way with a ZLE on a road course. Didn’t say by how much, just stated it. I don’t honestly know how it’ll accomplish this, but the guy is trusted and he doesn’t post fluff.

In the end, it has a knob...a ****in knob

Last edited by jvandy50; 01-14-2019 at 10:04 PM.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #284
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
the obviously blocked off fake grill looked like hell on the GT350. I surprised they didn’t learn and avoid it on the GT500.

Even the SS does the open grill right. Every square inch is used including the sides for auxiliary coolers.
Just look back GT500 grill again. I thought that is Audi...
Old 01-14-2019, 08:26 PM   #285
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I like this non track pack variant a lot better. Wish they would've shown more of this one without the track pack. Like the wing more and it has a better looking gloss black double 5 spoke wheel. They should've done some kind of fender vent on the front though, similar to the GT350.
Attached Images

mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #286
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I like this non track pack variant a lot better. Wish they would've shown more of this one without the track pack. Like the wing more and it has a better looking gloss black double 5 spoke wheel. They should've done some kind of fender vent on the front though, similar to the GT350.
It was at the show , skip to 7:26:

RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:27 PM   #287
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Oh for sure, I've had a deposit on one for awhile, but dealer is talking $20-30K over MSRP lmao... hard pass if so. My ZR1 #156 was bought at MSRP and I would never throw that much money at a car knowing that is just FU money going straight into the owner's pocket. Made me laugh talking about the blue collar worker's supercar fighter. GTFO... likely $80k fully optioned plus another $30k on top? These will all end up in heated garages and brought out on Cars & Coffee Saturdays if the detailer stopped by the afternoon before to knock the last few weeks dust off of them.
This is what I think will happen too. This car will be out of the reach of the Mustang's fan base. Although I do think that even the ZL1 is out of the range of what the Camaro's fan base can afford too. The GT500 is going to be much more expensive than the ZL1. And I doubt that a lot of people who do have the means to buy one will think the performance is worth the price. Hopefully the base model will still offer enough options and come in at a reasonable price AND not draw a markup so that it'll be a compromise but a good deal. We'll have to wait and see. But I think what we're gonna see is a wide separation in the Mustang fan base. I personally would probably prefer a Jackhammer or RS3 (Roush Stage 3) on a fully optioned GT over what the GT500 will assuredly cost.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:51 PM   #288
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I thought I read you could get a diff cooler with the car. I'll try to find it.

Yea, I read somewhere that the 500 was gonna have a ton of coolers. Either way, it's not a gap move by Ford. Oh well, I'm still gonna be in the market, but will wait for the hype to die down.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #289
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
well optioned Mustang GTs are approaching 3,900 pounds so I wouldn't be shocked to see this GT500 come in at 4,200 pounds.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:03 AM   #290
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
I think that the Shelby GT500 would be a very strong competition for the Camaro Zl1. Dual Clutch tech looks menacing. Too bad it doesn't come with the stick and that Ford dealers abuse the sale cost of the Shelbys. Absurd!
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:07 AM   #291
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Yea, I read somewhere that the 500 was gonna have a ton of coolers. Either way, it's not a gap move by Ford. Oh well, I'm still gonna be in the market, but will wait for the hype to die down.
Well from the pics it sure looks like it's set up similar to the ZL1: Coolers on each side under the headlights. If so, Ford finally did something right.

Time will tell if they were able to sort out the S550 chassis or whether it will still struggle around corners.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:32 AM   #292
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Well from the pics it sure looks like it's set up similar to the ZL1: Coolers on each side under the headlights. If so, Ford finally did something right.

Time will tell if they were able to sort out the S550 chassis or whether it will still struggle around corners.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just curious where all this S550 struggling around corners comes from. Here are my thoughts, the PP2 will corner just as hard as the 1LE, and actually faster although for only 1-2 laps due to cooling. The GT350R corners just as hard as the ZL1, actually harder in areas within the H2H.

I guess you could say the 6th Gen may be more composed.

The big variant with handling between the two cars up until recently was the tire advantage the 5th and 6th Gens had. The new GT500 will not be running silly 285s like the last. Expect it to turn just fine.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #293
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Shifting with a dial?I do like Tremec 7 speed. I enjoy my "paddles" and always use them. The price will decide what garage they will be in. Weight is relevant, less is more.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #294
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
This is what I think will happen too. This car will be out of the reach of the Mustang's fan base. Although I do think that even the ZL1 is out of the range of what the Camaro's fan base can afford too. The GT500 is going to be much more expensive than the ZL1. And I doubt that a lot of people who do have the means to buy one will think the performance is worth the price. Hopefully the base model will still offer enough options and come in at a reasonable price AND not draw a markup so that it'll be a compromise but a good deal. We'll have to wait and see. But I think what we're gonna see is a wide separation in the Mustang fan base. I personally would probably prefer a Jackhammer or RS3 (Roush Stage 3) on a fully optioned GT over what the GT500 will assuredly cost.
I am very very curious to see where the MSRP lands. The car does come with more high end stuff than I was expecting so I wouldn't be shocked now if I have to eat some crow on my MSRP guess.... what gives me hope is this quote from the press release.

Hermann Salenbauch, global director, Ford Performance vehicle programs. “As a Mustang, it has to be attainable and punch above its weight. To that end, we’ve set a new standard among American performance cars with our most powerful street-legal V8 engine to date, plus the quickest-shifting transmission ever in a Mustang for all-out precision and speed.”

That gives me hope that the MSRP will be something reasonable when compared to the competition in it's class.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote