Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I was rooting for Chase Elliott. He's a wheel man with his Dad's talent and class.

For the 3 car to punt the leader into the wall on a super speedway... zero class. He's lucky Almirola is such a calm and cool dude. I'd have DQ'd the little turd for that move. But NASCAR seems to be Ok with a demo derby last lap.
I was pulling for Chase as well. and Almirola was 1st class all the way. Wouldn't have mattered who was up front with a push like Dillon got the would have all done the same thing... Blocking versus bumping was pretty much all day long, especially at the end of the sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
FWIW I usually DVR the whole race and just fast-forward to watch the wrecks and the finish...lol...I can take it for 20-30 minutes, but hard to watch live for 3-4 hours...
Me too LOL... This one however had me glued.

And normally my wife could care less and then half way though the race while trying to take a nap I realized she was totally into it and kept talking. I looked over and asked WTH was she doing watching NASCAR for 3 straight hours and messing up my nap. She almost never sits and watches TV with me.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #44
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
This year was my 50th Consecutive Daytona 500. Here's a few pics:

Name:  005.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  124.8 KB

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  120.8 KB

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  010.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  137.5 KB

Name:  012.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  152.1 KB

Name:  017.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  136.9 KB

Name:  018.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  155.9 KB
Old 02-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #45
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Well, the guy in front of him was going a tad slower so, I'd do the same thing. GTFO out of my way, here, here's a little push now get out of my way so I may move on through. Sorry, THAT is racing.
That's not racing. That's NASCAR trying to keep people watching. If the guy in front of you is slower you move over and pass him not wreck him. That's why you have a steering wheel. I sponsor two different dirt cars. They dont drive through someone to pass. In fact, they would get black flagged if they did. Indy cars dont do it. i cant think of any other forum of racing that condones purposely wrecking someone to pass other than other classes of NASCAR.

Great race when only 1/4 of the cars finish it. Not.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #46
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Well, the guy in front of him was going a tad slower so, I'd do the same thing. GTFO out of my way, here, here's a little push now get out of my way so I may move on through. Sorry, THAT is racing.
absolutely , especially on the last lap and the guy out front is trying to block you.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #47
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That's not racing. That's NASCAR trying to keep people watching. If the guy in front of you is slower you move over and pass him not wreck him. That's why you have a steering wheel. I sponsor two different dirt cars. They dont drive through someone to pass. In fact, they would get black flagged if they did. Indy cars dont do it. i cant think of any other forum of racing that condones purposely wrecking someone to pass other than other classes of NASCAR.

Great race when only 1/4 of the cars finish it. Not.
Bullshit, on the last lap and the guy out front doesn't want you to go by him, he is blocking and deserves a nudge to get out of the way. Watch some GTLM class racing you will see pushes, bumps, squeezing, forces into the wall etc.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #48
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
OP, I thought it was cool. Gave me a reason to watch the race and the painted on Zl1 front still looked mean.
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #49
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmillion View Post
OP, I thought it was cool. Gave me a reason to watch the race and the painted on Zl1 front still looked mean.
Yes indeed, looks like a Camaro, has a chevy V8 , rear drive, and a manual transmission.....close enough. Bring dodge back and challenger, take out Toyota and Ford bring in the mustang and have a good ole time.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #50
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Quote:
Here fixed it for you. That was far from a pass. I guess if NASCAR is okay with drivers wrecking other drivers at 200MPH to get ahead then congratulations is in order. I just hate to see anyone use those tactics to win. That doesnt take talent to pass like like. Guess that number rubbed off on him. Lol
The #3 fans will say... "That's racing". But in my opinion it's DIRTY racing.

Imagine if the spun car started a huge wreck resulting in injuries or deaths? Still just "racing"? NOT in my book.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #51
SFCO

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Because it's just stickers to make it look like a Camaro.

But still.. Congrats to the team!
Well the whole car is Chevy they just made the body look like a ZL1 Camaro.
SFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #52
SFCO

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS Camaro
if I am not mistaken I believe the #3 had no choice but to move him because there was another car to his drivers door. If your going to slow and only 1-2 laps left look out i would move you also. Its racing and don't forget the #3 will get his in return in later races the #10 won't forget.
SFCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM   #53
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Than I should have said Chevrolet wins, because its Chevrolet engine's and that is good enough for me.

One thing we should agree on is that the NASCAR sticker Camaro is the closest thing to the real everyday car. Rear drive, manual trans, V8 and a 2 dr coupe. Cannot say that about the fusion or the camry, total representation of cars that don't exist.
this...and if the ford had moved out of the way a nudge wouldnt have been required.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #54
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
The #3 fans will say... "That's racing". But in my opinion it's DIRTY racing.

Imagine if the spun car started a huge wreck resulting in injuries or deaths? Still just "racing"? NOT in my book.
Agree completely. If you have to drive right through someone to win, you are not a driver.

I guess it should be okay for a basketball player to punch his opponent in the gut in order to take the ball from him to score a basket too, or maybe it should be legal to trip a soccer player who is heading for the goal. Like I said, they got their Earnhardt finally. They have been priming him for years. Jr was too nice to drive that way. I have more respect for how he handled himself on the track more than his dad's on track tactics. That's why I like Jimmy Johnson. He got his championships driving clean and just plain beating people outright without having to crash them out to win all the time. I guess I shouldnt be complaining since it's obvious that NASCAR is happy with trying to kill people for the almighty dollar. I dont need to watch it anymore either. Im much happier on Saturday nights at the speed palace watching real racing anyhow.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #55
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Agree completely. If you have to drive right through someone to win, you are not a driver.

I guess it should be okay for a basketball player to punch his opponent in the gut in order to take the ball from him to score a basket too, or maybe it should be legal to trip a soccer player who is heading for the goal. Like I said, they got their Earnhardt finally. They have been priming him for years. Jr was too nice to drive that way. I have more respect for how he handled himself on the track more than his dad's on track tactics. That's why I like Jimmy Johnson. He got his championships driving clean and just plain beating people outright without having to crash them out to win all the time. I guess I shouldnt be complaining since it's obvious that NASCAR is happy with trying to kill people for the almighty dollar. I dont need to watch it anymore either. Im much happier on Saturday nights at the speed palace watching real racing anyhow.
Not exactly as u stated but close.

https://youtu.be/9F3tptzEWmM
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #56
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Here fixed it for you. That was far from a pass. I guess if NASCAR is okay with drivers wrecking other drivers at 200MPH to get ahead then congratulations is in order. I just hate to see anyone use those tactics to win. That doesnt take talent to pass like like. Guess that number rubbed off on him. Lol

If you're blocking a guy that has a run on you, it's your ass. Nobody is going to lift on the last lap of the Daytona 500 because some guy threw his car in front of you.

The 10 car was just praying he'd get up in front of him fast enough for the block to be successful and push him to victory. Well, he was a tad late and Austin clipped him and the 10 got loose and hit the wall. It's a bad deal for the 10 team but that's restrictor plate racing.

If you saw Aric's interview at the end of the race he wasn't even mad. He knows if the roles were reversed he would have done the same thing.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote