Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #15
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
"It's just a car!"
"Step out of the car please, Ma'am."
"Step outta the friggin car, -NOW- so's you don't get covered with glass, and this sack of cowpies that's gonna break your side window!"
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
The it’s just a car thing infuriates me. Girlfriend likes to say it. Yeah it’s something I care about a lot and spend my hard earned money on. Non car people will just never understand
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #17
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
The it’s just a car thing infuriates me. Girlfriend likes to say it. Yeah it’s something I care about a lot and spend my hard earned money on. Non car people will just never understand
You got that right. And "Car People" would hold their daily driver door when parking next to a beater. Their car is their property, just like keying a car????
Why, cause you have mental issues....LOL
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:35 PM   #18
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Been there, I have had a few cars fall victim to a hit and run.

My wife's car was sideswiped, the guy waved and kept on going.

A car I used to have had the bumper spider web mysteriously in a parking lot
Old 03-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #19
trophy hunter

Drives: 2016 1SS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarofan93 View Post
I had this same issue, until I put into context that she could understand (something she holds dear - her phone) Once I used that example, she had a much better understanding
trophy hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:30 PM   #20
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
That blows I had ass clowns jump on my camaro..stupid can't be contained ..
Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #21
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Thanks for all the support guys!!!

Good news, cop got her info and I was able to open a claim against her insurance!!! Quoted damage was estimated at over $1k.

Waiting on a call next couple days before bringing it in. Wonder how long I’ll be without her for:( Seems like according to the PDF breakdown, they’ll be removing fender and bumper to repaint. Looked up some videos on removal of bumper because I was curious if my aftermarket mods I have on for fog lights would be ok, but I guess it seems like it should be. Definitely need to make sure I test all lights included goowtie. Hopefully they know what they’re doing and they leave nothing loose to rattle:(

Made it through one hurdle now dreading the next. On the bright side maybe this will take care of some rock chips hah. Also gonna ask the shop how much they’d quote me on repainting the rocker panels because they’re covered in rock chips ever since I pretty much drove the car. So good can come of this I guess, just SO THANKFUL TO HAVE HER INSURANCE INFO!! I had video as well from my window but couldn’t see the license plate. Truly worked out the neighbor was moving out that SAME DAY SAME TIME!!! Can’t get better timing than that! I’ll keep you brothers updated!
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #22
Oil Man

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2018 ZL1 A10 (RIPx2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
when I confronted her she yelled "It's just a car!"
My first car was a nice 1970 El Camino. It was painted '86 IROC yellow with black trim, and it was a complete, tastefully modded small block car. In 1988, when I bought it, they were still out there in some quantity, and the whole 1970 Chevelle/El Camino collector madness hadn't set in yet. But I loved my car. It was more than a possession to me, it was a validation, and an emblem of my developing freedom as a person.

Then a neighbor backed into it and put a wrinkle in the quarter panel. The neighbors were especially good Catholics, and she was a mother of 5 or 6 kids younger than high school age. She was understandably distracted, and stuff happened.

She acknowledged responsibility, but 17 year old me wasn't very diplomatic, and I got angry. She responded with the "just a car" thing.

I lost it.

I asked her how she would feel if I accidentally dented one of her kids.

"Are you comparing cars to children??!!?? Children are precious, and irreplaceable!!"

I told her that they seemed like a renewable resource in her house, and that she and I could do all sorts of nasty things, but we would never produce anything as beautiful as a 1970 El Camino..

.....and it went all kinds of bad from there.

To non car people, they're an appliance. They have about as much love for their car as they do for their washing machine. And in a lot of cases, the level of care they treat their car with it about the same.
Oil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #23
dennis@hixsonnet.com

Drives: Me: '16 2SS yellow, Wife: '16 1SS
oh crap!!

2016 Camaro 2SS ** EdelBrock E-Force Supercharger, 3" pulley, RotoFab air intake, Alky Methanol Injection System, Corsa Extreme Exhaust, Kooks longtube headers, TSP VV2 CAM, 1LE wheels @ 285/30/20 front & 305/30/20 rear... 707.41rwhp, 702.36 torque
dennis@hixsonnet.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #24
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Can't Understand Normal Thought
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:00 PM   #25
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Andrew View Post
Good news, cop got her info and I was able to open a claim against her insurance!!! Quoted damage was estimated at over $1k.
Lets hope cop charged her with hit an run.

If I were you, I'd also sue her in small claims court for:

1 - Loss of resale value.
2 - Damage to your car cover.
3 - Loss of work time.
4 - Emotional distress (always good to throw in).

Trust me, judges *hate* hit and runs and he/she will award you the maximum.

Make sure you don't sign any release for any other damages than your car when you file with her insurance company.
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #26
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Oil Man, you killed me with that story hahahahaha love it.

Baron, That’s what I’m hoping!!! But supposedly there’s some stupid law staying either she had 24-48 hours to own up to it or ignore it in order to be charged or not with hit and run. The cop actually contacted her the following day I believe so he might have let her go...

The driver info slip he gave me the first day stayed it was non reportable to her DMV... Not sure if that can change, but that’s what he initially wrote.

That is a good point, it’s now attached to my VIN, maybe I can pull the report online and actually see the accident.

Car cover is being covered under her vehicle property damage clause, so should be getting a new one as well according to the PDF breakdown.

Trust me I’d LOVE to bring all that to court, ESPECIALLY if she got away with the hit and run, but I just don’t have the money right now to take it to court. I was able to stay out of it having her insurance info. I hate court. I agree with you fully, but judge could also be like, “everything was covered at no cost to you, quit your bitching and have a good day”.

Don’t recall signing any releases at all, unless they recorded it during the phone call, unless it will be after I get damage repaired. But car cover damage is going to be apart of the claim now. Curious why you mentioned that; would they try and throw in her vehicle somehow to get covered, or something unrelated?
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #27
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I feel your pain man. One of the main reasons I moved from my last town house was due to my neighbor getting drunk every weekend and throwing up off his balcony onto my car.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #28
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Yea, hit and run absolutely sucks. I had someone hit my back passenger quarter panel & run in out local Safeway parking lot. No camera's or witnesses, so I was out of luck. Hard to imagine what people are thinking when they knowingly hot something and know there was damage, yet don't have the morality to stand up and own it. People can really disappoint sometimes.

But I am also of there mind that getting over the top angry isn't going to take back the incident, and at my age in the grand scheme of things, it can be fixed and I moved on. I wouldn't say "it's only a car", but when I comapare to some real life issues close to me (2 year old granddaughter has cancer. 3 long operations, chemo, the whole deal. She is responding to treatment, but it's real serious.), it gives me perspective. Not trying to bring anyone down, but sometimes it's about perspective.

I was able to get my car looking great again, took them 10 days. And the cops never found who hit my car.
Attached Images

BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accident, car accident, damage, hit and run