Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 04-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #29
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
Dude, You make absolutely Zero sense?
He makes sense sometimes. I actually saw him make a lot of sense in a sunroof thread. This one not so much. I think he just likes to argue. Old men can be ornery.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:20 PM   #30
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
I really appreciate the support! Thank you!
Old 04-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #31
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
Dude, You make absolutely Zero sense?
We get it, you've got tons of money into your cars but what the hell does this have to do with the problem? And I dont give a rats ass if its a BMW or Hyundai The manufacturer should step up and take care of their customer!
most of the paint issues are on interior trunk hinge. Ya need a lawyer for that? Go ahead, 99.999 percent of people WOULD NOT CARE. The dealer will repaint but not give him a "warranty" like what it is a Fhinge. I agree the fender should be repainted.

Point being this is a 28 to 50 K car and you can be a whole lot pickier on a 50 to 100K car. By your logic Aveno should be comparable to a Benz in fit and finish it ain't. The is a Chevy pony when it comes to brass tax a production working man's car.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #32
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
most of the paint issues are on interior trunk hinge. Ya need a lawyer for that? Go ahead, 99.999 percent of people WOULD NOT CARE. The dealer will repaint but not give him a "warranty" like what it is a Fhinge. I agree the fender should be repainted.

Point being this is a 28 to 50 K car and you can be a whole lot pickier on a 50 to 100K car. By your logic Aveno should be comparable to a Benz in fit and finish it ain't. The is a Chevy pony when it comes to brass tax a production working man's car.
FYI, there isn't a panel on my car that doesn't have a issue, they want to paint my whole car
Old 04-04-2016, 05:06 PM   #33
HyperM3

Drives: 2017 Audi A4
Quote:
Do you listen to the things you say? Regardless of what you pay for a "brand new" car, your paint should be flawless. Can you tell a difference between an american type of paint or a luxury brand paint, most people cant. But you should expect to take home a car that is in perfect condition.

You cant compare a leather-clad interior to a plastic interior, but you already know what you are getting when you decide how much you want to spend. Thats where you understand not to be so picky. But even then, if your plastic had scratches on it, does that mean you should let that go too?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #34

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel Metallic ZL1
It blows my mind that everyone is not supportive for what these buyers are going through. You buy a brand new car, and have to deal with these issues. I could understand if the car had a little scratch and people were making huge deals about it, if dealership was willing to fix the scratch, but we are not talking about a scratch.

I own my own business, and if I made customers jump through hoops to get what they paid for, I would be out of business. Even when I don't agree if a customer has a complaint, if I could do something to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand, I gladly will do it.

We are talking about ALOT of money here. Not alot of money for GM, but alot for the people that bought the cars. Don't blame the buyers for not going over the car with a magnifying glass. It's a NEW car! It's an awful feeling to go from total happiness about getting a new car, to having to deal with this. I was lucky with My 2SS, yes there were 2 minor issues, small chip on the hood, and on the door, but dealer fixed the problem and I am happy.

I owned a 2002 Trans Am that I sold after 10 years and only 9000 miles on it. There is a well known issue with the sail panels bubbling due to GM not sealing the material before painting. The only way to fix the issue was to totally remove the whole sail panel and repaint. To make matters worse, GM stopped making the part, and would not do anything for my car due to the age, yet it only had 9000 miles on it! http://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body...e-dummies.html

I really hope the people posting negative remarks never buy a new house and find out it has issues and have to go these lengths to get what they paid for. All these people want is what they paid for, plain and simple. I am sure if GM did the right thing, (on these cars that have the brutal paint jobs and just sent them a new car) these buyers would understand things happen and as soon they got their replacement they would be telling everyone what a great job GM did to fix a problem. RANT OVER.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #35
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150777 View Post
It blows my mind that everyone is not supportive for what these buyers are going through. You buy a brand new car, and have to deal with these issues. I could understand if the car had a little scratch and people were making huge deals about it, if dealership was willing to fix the scratch, but we are not talking about a scratch.

I own my own business, and if I made customers jump through hoops to get what they paid for, I would be out of business. Even when I don't agree if a customer has a complaint, if I could do something to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand, I gladly will do it.

We are talking about ALOT of money here. Not alot of money for GM, but alot for the people that bought the cars. Don't blame the buyers for not going over the car with a magnifying glass. It's a NEW car! It's an awful feeling to go from total happiness about getting a new car, to having to deal with this. I was lucky with My 2SS, yes there were 2 minor issues, small chip on the hood, and on the door, but dealer fixed the problem and I am happy.

I owned a 2002 Trans Am that I sold after 10 years and only 9000 miles on it. There is a well known issue with the sail panels bubbling due to GM not sealing the material before painting. The only way to fix the issue was to totally remove the whole sail panel and repaint. To make matters worse, GM stopped making the part, and would not do anything for my car due to the age, yet it only had 9000 miles on it! http://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-body...e-dummies.html

I really hope the people posting negative remarks never buy a new house and find out it has issues and have to go these lengths to get what they paid for. All these people want is what they paid for, plain and simple. I am sure if GM did the right thing, (on these cars that have the brutal paint jobs and just sent them a new car) these buyers would understand things happen and as soon they got their replacement they would be telling everyone what a great job GM did to fix a problem. RANT OVER.
Bravo!! Standing ovation for you Sir!!
Old 04-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #36

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Also, that Mosaic Black paint job actually costs an additional several hundred dollars and they still couldn't even inspect it for flaws with a premium price added.

Others had their car replaced for the same problem, and so should you. Good luck.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #37
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Also, that Mosaic Black paint job actually costs an additional several hundred dollars and they still couldn't even inspect it for flaws with a premium price added.

Others had their car replaced for the same problem, and so should you. Good luck.
Yes 395.00
Old 04-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #38
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
+1 on that one!!!!! I'm also am self employed,(36 yrs worth) I think EVERYONE should be forced to be self employed for 1 Yr. Let Me tell you, People would look at things ALOT differently!!!!!!!! 5150777 NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #39
Libra Red

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Quote:
Point being this is a 28 to 50 K car and you can be a whole lot pickier on a 50 to 100K car.
So, simply expecting your car to be entirely painted is being "picky" now? Are you for real? Regardless of price, that's just unacceptable.

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. I hope it works out for you.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #40
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drags1998 View Post
+1 on that one!!!!! I'm also am self employed,(36 yrs worth) I think EVERYONE should be forced to be self employed for 1 Yr. Let Me tell you, People would look at things ALOT differently!!!!!!!! 5150777 NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!
+1,000
Old 04-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #41
joehouse

Drives: 1986 Trans Am
Ive won a case against general motos, long story short, I got them to do a 24 year old recall on my trans am for the seat belt, you just need to word it properly and btw submit a claim to the better business bureau about your case and mention gm and the dealer and see how fast they move.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #42
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Lets not blame the buyer, GM fanboys. This guy bought a brand new car from a legit dealership. The dealer and the manufacturer need to make this right. Thats what a warranty is for. So you don't have to drag the car around for inspections and second opinions on it's condition. You just drive it off the lot and if something is defective it gets taken care of. Otherwise why buy a brand new car.

Get a lawyer OP. This is in no way your fault.
Exactly how I feel and exactly why I buy new cars

Closed Thread