Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2015, 08:38 PM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
The traffic light from the other direction should have been red if the OP had the green light (which he did) He could protest his liability with the evidence from his dashcam, submit it to the city traffic safety committee for review of the timing of intersection lights.
Only if he had a green arrow, if he has a green ball then you can turn but you still have to yield to oncoming traffic.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #30
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
My town has rid of those "yield on green" lights too many accidents like the OP's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Only if he had a green arrow, if he has a green ball then you can turn but you still have to yield to oncoming traffic.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #31
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I think that's poorly designed if that's the case. It didn't appear if their was another light below the green ball for the green arrow to make the turn, but that could be because of all the glare from the lights.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #32
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Glad no one was injured however I think you should have waited before just cruising through the light, had you waited 1 second it would have never happened.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I think that's poorly designed if that's the case. It didn't appear if their was another light below the green ball for the green arrow to make the turn, but that could be because of all the glare from the lights.
Some of our intersections don't have the arrow light either, in that case you always yield to oncoming traffic. Just like turning in the middle of the block between lights. Usually only used on intersections that don't have a large number of vehicles turning off the main road.

I just looked again the turn lane going the opposite way does have another light below the green ball, you can see it after he is spun around and is stopped. Look to the upper right of the screen. Probably his lane had one too.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-03-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #34
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
This ^^^^. The Camaros at fault- Period ! What I don't understand is how
the OP can post this thread. A stupid move for all of camaro5 to see makes no sense.
He knows he's at fault,that's not the issue here.And this video serves as a good reminder of what not to do at an intersection like that,so it's hardly stupid for OP to have posted it,it may very well save someone else the pain of having this happen to them or family by making sure they look twice before making that turn.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #35
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me and a buddy in college. I had the green light to turn left and a guy in a pickup ran the red light. My buddy took most of the blow and the truck never stopped.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #36
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think we can all agree here thankfully everyone is ok and it serves as a reminder to be more of a defensive driver when on the roads.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #37
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
The OP stated it was his fault (which it was). My problem was with the guy in the p/u truck. No need to be a D-bag, that's why we call them "accidents". The video is a good reminder for all of us to stop at an intersection when making a left turn.

Witnessed a similar scene few years ago. Young women hit this guys car and he was screaming at her as I drove by (much older guy). Me and my brother stopped and told the guy to calm down / shut up, swap papers and we were calling the police. Guy was using some not-so-nice words and she was in tears. We stayed until the police arrived and she thanked us for coming to her side.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #38
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
At least the OP owned his mistake.

Here's to no excuses!!

Around '94/'95 I rear ended this guy in a '92 RS Camaro, buckled both his rear quarter panels. White with red rally stripes and you could tell it was his baby, he even said it was his baby.

He took it real well, I apologized he said "shit happens" He was making the best of it. I think good things happen to people that forgive mistakes.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:05 PM   #39
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Glad everyone was ok, personally I will be sitting in jail right now, I would have ripped that guy's head off.....
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #40
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Whoa! Augh.....

That didn't look too bad, glad you're okay!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #41
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Amazing how fast On-Star reacts. Thanks for sharing OP. Glad your okay.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 AM   #42
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
OP, I had the identical accident, the pics of your car look almost exactly like my car did. Did they total yours? They wouldn't total mine. A hair over $20K in repairs, new door, new quarter panel welded in. No "frame" damage, but side airbags deployed which gives me a value-reducing carfax report. In my case I swear the guy coming through the intersection was originally turning to his left and veered to his right, illegally changing lanes when he hit me. But, like has been said if you're turning left, you're almost always at fault.

Tags
accident