Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #141
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
All we are saying is that you should be able to control the car not having to put your trust in a device that could though very unlikely fail or miss calculate. Look at ABS I have had it activate on me on many vehicles wen not needed, one even resulting in a wreck not me being at fault bur noless i could have avoided with out it.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #142
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
All we are saying is that you should be able to control the car not having to put your trust in a device that could though very unlikely fail or miss calculate. Look at ABS I have had it activate on me on many vehicles wen not needed, one even resulting in a wreck not me being at fault bur noless i could have avoided with out it.
Ok, then. A fair point - not one I agree with...but fair.

I just hope you understand that your comfort level with the car is not where the majority of peoples' comfort zone is. And in that respect - most of the time, the electronic safety systems will help these people...so consider not supporting their removal or deactivation so fiercely when you are surrounded by this "majority of people".
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #143
Dragnya
FUJIMO

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Oh...DO elaborate....I look forward to your reply.

I would agree with this point - it seems to be in line with what I said that you quoted: Performance cars can be purchased by anyone -- and mistakes happen; whether due to recklessness, pure misfortune, or lack of ability. I'll take that a step further and say that even with driving courses, mistakes will continue to happen.

I responded to you because I don't believe this is a reality that can be held against the company, as I interpreted your message as saying.

I'm not frustrated...where did I say that? For the record...until you collect data and analyze it, please don't confuse most of this conversation with "facts".

I think you needed to be reminded that this IS just the internet...and some of us are getting incredibly defensive...Oh - and I'm not the government, but we do like to keep our forums clean of nonsensical bickering.

I don't see anyplace in this thread where fbodfather said that the OP could have made his turn with TC on. As far as I can tell; is commenting to ensure that readers of this discussion don't leave with the dangerous misperception that the Traction Control systems are useless - and are best left off for daily driving. A sentiment I tend to agree with...

Your point, mentioned above, and his point earlier that accidents do happen no matter what - are in agreement with each other. So what are we arguing about?
Well here it is, this whole debate got started because like it beginning to seem like a lot here. Several replys said hey man you shouldn't have ever turned off the nannies ect, ect safe ans safe ande safe this and that, first of all any grown adult that has to be told to be safe and this ridiculous my mother doesnt do that anymore. And being told to be carefully even talking about turning off the nannies cause a inferior driver might turn his off and crash is nuts. Unless. Maybe he's 12 years old, and to the part of your statement , Fbod used a slolem course test he was at that with the Stabilitrac on the drivers never spunout and with it off most spun out. And that was his supporting facts that said this should have ever turned his nannies off and he wouldnt have crashed . He used that statement too say I made a false statement saying the nannies would have made difference in the OP crash. I said any Camaro basically with or without nannies couldn't have made that turn at a high rate of speed in the rain period. My post were all rock solid in fact .
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #144
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I get the analogy perfectly.

However, you're skipping the part where I would never put a loaded gun to my head, safety on or not - because that's stupid. Just like driving recklessly on public roads is stupid, and there's no guarantee that TC/SC (as good as it is) can compensate for intentional disregard for safety.

So let's come full circle...If you drive poorly in any car (let along one with +400 hp), no amount of TC/SC can save your behind - agreed. On the other side of the coin...if the situation is common, TC/SC can't save you if it's OFF. That is the missing link that fbodfather wanted to bring to light...

Yet, if you just drive with your head in the first place -- you stand a much better chance of avoiding an accident!

So...again - what you arguing for? We seem to agree!

By the way - OP, I'm not referring to you in any of the above.
How long have you had your drivers license and for how long of you having that license have you driven High Performance Cars??? I have had Camaros for the last 22 years some more powerfull then my SS now. I have never wrecked one! Trust me they were a lot harder to drive than this cream puff will ever be!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #145
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
it's amazing to me the people who claim to be expert drivers, driving on the same roads as me, can't figure out what fbod is saying. It's very simple.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #146
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
:(

Sadly...this is another case of "having to be right"...even when the conversation is not trying to make anyone wrong.

Camaro5 has the safety of its members in mind - which is why, for example, we remove any and all street racing/speeding/reckless driving threads: Leaving them would send the wrong message that these actions are okay...or even cool.

This thread is not one of them, but it has devolved into a conversation apparently supporting the removal or deactivation of safety aids intended to protect the driver of these powerful cars. That's not something we're going to let continue in circles, as it is.

*Thread closed*

OP, feel free to PM me regarding this action.

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, crash, wreck