Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-03-2024, 03:36 PM   #1
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
MHD tuning and Reflex tuning

Came across this video where the guys speaks to how MHD now allows BMW and Toyota drivers to tune their port injection using the reflex brains straight from the ODB2. So basically they can adjust their DME without plugging into the reflex box.

I know the word is out that DSX has a kit in the works you can tune with HPTuners but it would be awesome if you could do the same with the reflex. Since there are quiet a few out there with the reflex setup already it would be a game changers for new installers but make tuning adjustments easier for those of us that already have it.

Here's the video I'm referencing:

Last edited by WiggyB; 03-03-2024 at 08:56 PM.
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:59 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
This seems more like an HPTuners integration equivalent.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:55 AM   #3
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
This seems more like an HPTuners integration equivalent.
That's exactly what I was getting at. My not have said it the best way though.
Old 03-05-2024, 05:20 PM   #4
WiggyB

This is the response I got from Motiv:

Hello,
If you are referring to the Ecutek and MHD integrated PI control for BMW/Toyota and also the C7/8 GM. Those are all controlled by the custom SW from those flash companies, we dont control who integrates the control into the ECUs we just work with them to make it work on both ends. If HP tuners has support to do so or an open canbus we can setup on our end then we'd work together to bring it all together.

What platform are you referring/interested in?

Now I need to go bug HP Tuners........ lol
Old 03-06-2024, 06:55 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggyB View Post
This is the response I got from Motiv:

Hello,
If you are referring to the Ecutek and MHD integrated PI control for BMW/Toyota and also the C7/8 GM. Those are all controlled by the custom SW from those flash companies, we dont control who integrates the control into the ECUs we just work with them to make it work on both ends. If HP tuners has support to do so or an open canbus we can setup on our end then we'd work together to bring it all together.

What platform are you referring/interested in?

Now I need to go bug HP Tuners........ lol
Thanks for the initiative! Fingers crossed!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-06-2024, 01:01 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Thanks for the initiative! Fingers crossed!
Agreed! The DSX one still vapor ware at this point (they told me it’d be ready by end of ‘23) so might be nice to see what THPSI can do with the Reflex in terms of integration with the ECM.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Agreed! The DSX one still vapor ware at this point (they told me it’d be ready by end of ‘23) so might be nice to see what THPSI can do with the Reflex in terms of integration with the ECM.
I think Steck posted an ETA of Summer, now... I'm sure you already saw that...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-06-2024, 03:56 PM   #8
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Per Motiv anything Gen V LT is done through Toohighpsi, so it would be up to them to work on integrating it with the E92 pcm/getting hptuners support.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:59 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I think Steck posted an ETA of Summer, now... I'm sure you already saw that...
Did not see that…! Ugh…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
Per Motiv anything Gen V LT is done through Toohighpsi, so it would be up to them to work on integrating it with the E92 pcm/getting hptuners support.
I wouldn’t put this past Mike. He’s a smart dude.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Did not see that…! Ugh…

I wouldn’t put this past Mike. He’s a smart dude.
Yeah. I spent some time trying to find more information and went through many comments and posts on FB, and some time on HPTuners, and we're still months away. The way he makes it sound, it's going to be awesome, and didn't mind being up front about how little information's going to be available as to how it works, other than you plug it (maybe HPTuner's CORE ECM - it looks like it will work with CANBUS) in, enter some basic information (and I THINK there was an implication I read somewhere about a different OS for the E92 [I could be making that up], and completely reversible, too), and that was mostly it. It sounds very awesome, and I don't doubt he, working with HPTuners, can make it happen as simple as that, but he also knows what he needs for all that hand shaking, so...

I'd never suggest Mike couldn't get it done, and respect him as much as Steck (and moreso, honestly), and I'd pay to have this kind of software upgrade done. I get the feeling (and assumption only, from a few comments I've come across) he's got enough work and there's only enough time to pay the bills and have a life, so I'm not terribly hopeful this could/would happen. I'd gladly be incorrect though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-07-2024, 08:19 AM   #11
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I would guess that both companies are going to eventually integrate with the stock ECU. Dave is openly working on it but that doesn't mean that Mike isn't secretly working on it too.

I plan on getting the DSX kit as soon as Dave will ship me one lol.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:26 AM   #12
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Yeah. I spent some time trying to find more information and went through many comments and posts on FB, and some time on HPTuners, and we're still months away. The way he makes it sound, it's going to be awesome, and didn't mind being up front about how little information's going to be available as to how it works, other than you plug it (maybe HPTuner's CORE ECM - it looks like it will work with CANBUS) in, enter some basic information (and I THINK there was an implication I read somewhere about a different OS for the E92 [I could be making that up], and completely reversible, too), and that was mostly it. It sounds very awesome, and I don't doubt he, working with HPTuners, can make it happen as simple as that, but he also knows what he needs for all that hand shaking, so...

I'd never suggest Mike couldn't get it done, and respect him as much as Steck (and moreso, honestly), and I'd pay to have this kind of software upgrade done. I get the feeling (and assumption only, from a few comments I've come across) he's got enough work and there's only enough time to pay the bills and have a life, so I'm not terribly hopeful this could/would happen. I'd gladly be incorrect though.
From my understanding the DSX kit is going to integrate and work like the fords do with dual injection. You basically put in the percentage of port you want in the hptuners tune file, the ecm knows about the fuel and his separate controller handles the outputs. I'm pretty excited for it.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 10:22 AM   #13
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
From my understanding the DSX kit is going to integrate and work like the fords do with dual injection. You basically put in the percentage of port you want in the hptuners tune file, the ecm knows about the fuel and his separate controller handles the outputs. I'm pretty excited for it.
That is my understanding as well, which then means you don't have to fudge the Torque Model due to the Airmass inaccuracy of having to tune separate controllers.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:52 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Unless I hear differently about the REFLEX, I'm going to jump ship to this, too. It just sounds too good, and my OCD will be happier about it, lol. I'm already redo'ing my aux' system anyways, so why not this, too, and just bring it up to date as well. Hopefully the price stays around what Steck was alluding to a while ago...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"