The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
andrews_texas

Drives: 2014 Stingray #4074
Why 'bayed'?

Sure seems that a lot are bayed. I spent 5-6 days (workdays) sitting at 3400 before 3800 today. I'm assuming that with a bunch sitting 'bayed', they will have to find their way to shipped before me.
Does it mean that there's just no trucks heading the right direction?
Or does it mean the car's pulled aside and others are passing by on the way to transport. Perhaps a QC delay?
I know there are a lot on the forum with much more knowledge than me... Just wondering.
andrews_texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
occar

Drives: n/a
Bayed because the car has to be stored somewhere until there is a truckload ready to head in the right direction.
occar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
As I understand it, it means the car has Passed all QC, is now turned over to the shipping company, and is avail to be put on a trailer and shipped. The wait is the shipping company to accumulate enuf cars for a "full Load" that can make a efficient route to your locale. I understand that the shipping company has 10 days to do that, and if they can't they have to load it -even on a partial truck- and get it rolling your way.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
^This. Plus it can be 'bayed' with an average of at least 5 or 6 days from what I have been noticing with a majority of the buyers, not all but many.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Also can be in a Quality Check. This is one of those status levels that has more than one meaning.

At this point in production, about one in five will be given a closer check. Of course if a problem is found than the number given the closer check quickly escalates to five of every five. Likely waitng for a hauler but possible undergoing an extra check.

Except for those early TPWs indicating a June start, this has been a very normal launch. There is always a slow start, there is always a large number of builds held back, and there are always constraints. These things are noticed when the vehicle line carries Corvette as its name and are rarely noticed if the name is Cruze or Malibu.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote