Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #15
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Change your own oil period!
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
its not worth it to have the dealer do it. my brother got lifetime oil changes with his 09 tahoe. The kid left his intake half off. it was open on the bottom so my brother didnt see it. it was running like crap. hasn't run the same sense. we cleaned the tb and maf
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #17
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I wouldn't hold all dealers accountable because of one idiot, because he is an idiot. Regardless of him thinking it only takes 6 quarts, anybody who has ever done an oil change knows to fill, wait a few minutes and check the dipstick! Good advise though to always check your oil level after having it done. Good for you for checking it before you left.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #18
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
I do not even bother going for my two years of oil changes - they will undoubtedly do something to mess up my car -- i'll take the $80 and get my mechanic to do the Mobil1 oil change and put in the correct amount AND empty my catch-can.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #19
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I change all my oil in the 5 vehicles my self. I have seen so many guys not put oil on the seal of the filter before putting the new filter on. Caught guys not even changing the old filter. If I went to a dealer no one is messing with my catch can.

There is a proto call for changing oil step by step. Plus starting the engine & checking the oil level.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dealer: catch can whats a catch can. thats not in the GM Performance catalog so you dont know what your talking about.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #21
GEN-IV
Right Cam

Drives: 2010 LS3 / 79 Z28
Never bring anything you care about in for a free oil change.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #22
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN-IV View Post
They are not really free. They are buried into the price of the car.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
JimS3331

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
I have free oil changes for 2 years as well at the dealer. I refuse to go there, always do it by myself. good heads up!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #24
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN-IV View Post
Have to agree with the HEMI Hunter on this!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #25
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Luckily my dealership is a huge seller of Corvettes and Camaros so they don't screw up. They usually wash the car after service but always ask me "you don't want us to wash the car right?" when they are done. They know we don't want them touching the cars LOL
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #26
prostock1

Drives: 2015 1le, dual mode exh., no sunruf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
I know it's been posted before, but this for the new members. i have the 2 year free oil change for my car, today i had my second free oil change. after they brought the car around once they were "finished" i checked the oil right away and guess what? oil is low. i told my service guy about it and he said to drive up to the technicians shop and have this taken care off. when i got there i told the techs about it and they checked it. i asked them "how many quarts did you guys put in it" they replied with " 6 quarts" and im like " it takes 8 quarts, it's a V8" and then nothing but crickets. anyways, they put 2 more quarts in it and on my way i was. for those that have your dealer change your oil, please check the oil dipstick right away. i can not stress this enough. CHECK IT
When the Finance guy was explaining the 2 year "maint plan", I flat out told him my car will never be in a Service Department ever. Even if it had a catastrophic failure of some sort. I worked in the dealership business for over 20 years, and it's hit and miss on the techs having the skills and care for what their doing.
prostock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #27
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock1 View Post
When the Finance guy was explaining the 2 year "maint plan", I flat out told him my car will never be in a Service Department ever. Even if it had a catastrophic failure of some sort. I worked in the dealership business for over 20 years, and it's hit and miss on the techs having the skills and care for what their doing.
I guess I got the miss, when I walked back there, the guys looked about 19 or 20 years old
Old 10-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
They are not really free. They are buried into the price of the car.
Probably true. Like when you go to Mexican restaurants that offer "free" nacho chips. They're not free, they're just not itemized on the bill and the price is accounted for in the entrees.
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote