Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
Place to meet.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and just wanted to say that this is the best forum room I've been on ever. So i was thinking about what some of you guys were talking about. What if we all did meet sometime after the 2010 model year comes out so every body can choose a coupe or convt.So lets see where everybody lives so we can meet.I live in Wisconsin. Wouldn't it be
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Welcome! The only problem with this thread would be forgetting about it by the time we do decide to meet, it might be more useful doing this closer to the time...

BUT - everybody's more than welcome to try and figure something out now....I'm around the Buffalo area...and I'm up for a good drive to anywhere.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #3
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
True it is a long time but it might take that long to put something together. Its just a thought.
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
thats actually not a bad Idea, would give everyone plenty of time to plan and get everything in one sock. Im down, I live in Tacoma WA, but I go to chicago all the time
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
It would probably be better to have multiple gatherings...by region maybe?

Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, etc...
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Virginia here....well if it's after the release I wouldn't be discussing coupe or conv. because I will already have one. So give me a date and a place and let's see how fast I get there. :P I already chose though, gotta go with the coupe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I like the regional idea. We all know of a couple people within a few hours drive. Plus the membership will explode over the next year and a half. Just look how many have joined since that tidbit a week ago. So I think that having a bunch of smaller meets would work well
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Regional would definitely be the way to go.

As much as I love to drive, cranking out a couple of thousand miles on the new Camaro in one shot isn't what I had in mind.......
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Welcome '85convertibleZ28'

As for a meet, not a bad idea. My suggestion would be a meet during one of the bigger F-body events, ie; 'GM Nationals/Camaro's at Carlisle', or, one of the other forum's I visit organizes a cruise every year through the 'Blue Ridge Mountains'.

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Northern Cali here. I already had suggested a meet at my parents house near lake folsom. Huge area, big pool, lotsa driveway space and scenery for backgrounds of pictures.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Welcome '85convertibleZ28'

As for a meet, not a bad idea. My suggestion would be a meet during one of the bigger F-body events, ie; 'GM Nationals/Camaro's at Carlisle', or, one of the other forum's I visit organizes a cruise every year through the 'Blue Ridge Mountains'.

I would have to agree w/ one of the bigger events. That would work for me.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #12
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I'm sure this forum will eventually have regional sections? That'd be the easiest way to hook up ... can't wait for that day.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #13
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I'm sure this forum will eventually have regional sections? That'd be the easiest way to hook up ... can't wait for that day.
ditto
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:23 AM   #14
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Regional sounds just as good.. That Blue Ridge mountains drive seems awesome, wish I was there for that since that's not too far from me. They also had a Drive for Freedom thing, forgot what it was called, but it was where a bunch of Camaros in the area get together around the DC area around September 11th and drive the Beltway and a few other areas, I saw the pics and wanted to go badly this year and last year, but I was in Belgium last year and Iraq this year, definitely always a next year!

But what would be a great idea is if this forum had some subforum areas where the regions were split up. I've seen a few forums do this. Like a SouthEast forum, which would detail the states covered in it, so that people could put their meetings or posts or advertise good painters/mechanics in the areas and it'd be alot easier for them to see events around their area. Maybae there is already one on here and I didn't catch it, but a good thing to think about if it isn't.
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote