The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Member's Lounge > Off-Topic Chat

Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
infernometallicSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Best Run - 10.93@125
Anyone from Wisconsin?

Hey there everyone. Is there anyone from Appleton, WI? My wife and I and of course the kids are thinking about moving to the Appleton area. Just looking to get some feedback on the area. Any assistance would be awesome. We are going to be booking flights back there in the next couple months to see for ourselves.
Thank you.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
bconley2384

Drives: 2012 Chevy Cruze LS
I grew up outside of Milwaukee and spent many a season near Appleton on land that my grandparents had.

Appleton for the most part is nice, has a very small hometown feel but with a larger population. It has all the modern conveniences of a city (Mall, Walmarts, Sams Club, etc). Schools are decent, everyone is a Packers fan (due to the close proximity to Green Bay) and many of the players live in the "outer suburbs" of Appleton. Hunting is big in the area, many people have plots of land for deer hunting, etc (deer hunting is around thanksgiving time).

If you are into wine, there are a number of winery's that are in the surrounding areas that give free tours and samples.

Autumn in Appleton is amazing, and if you don't find it amazing then drive and hour north to Door County and then be amazed. Trees change color, very crisp cool air as the temperature drops and a consistent smell of burning leaves.

My only gripe about Appleton, or Wisconsin in general is the snow and cold. Being in the Greenbay Appleton area, you're going to get a lot of it. Be prepared for negative degree temps (-10 to -25 with the wind chill) and shovels full of snow.

If you're coming from AZ, be prepared for a 180 degree difference.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Oh - and be prepared for the onslaught of Wisconsin accents (the long o's and eh's )

Arctic White - Z51, Black Wheels, Red Calipers, Magnetic Ride, Performance Exhaust, Nav
bconley2384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
bconley2384

Drives: 2012 Chevy Cruze LS
Oh and I forgot to add, if you're into watersports; your're right near Lake Winnebago. Lots of places to rent/buy boats, water skis, tubes, etc.

Your about 45 min away from Oshkosh, WI which is a pretty cool place to explore and they have the EAA fly-in every year (http://www.airventure.org/) if you're into air shows.

Arctic White - Z51, Black Wheels, Red Calipers, Magnetic Ride, Performance Exhaust, Nav
bconley2384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
infernometallicSS

Exceptional information. Thank you. I also sent you a PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
infernometallicSS

Only one person?