The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #15
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
You are doing the right thing going to your dealer and working with them on an amicable basis. Sounds like they are in your corner. But it would also be a good idea to notify Customer Service as well. They like to follow up on problems and solutions. I presume that someone from Customer Service monitors this forum--they do on the other C7 forum. If not, contact directly and explain the problems and your steps to have them remedied. Good luck with it. --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
rbscene

Drives: 2014 Chevy Corvette Torch Red
Update

I talked to the Dealer this morning about the Paint Flaw. They gave me a Couple of options.

1. They repaint the Fender, and clear. (They are not suggesting this as they don't think I will be happy with the outcome even though they can do it.)

2. GM Buyback, they will buy back the car and put me in another Corvette, issue is that there are only two available, both are Black, and Manual's, and I'm not interested in either of them.

3. They Buyback and place an order for a new one, no telling how long it would take, issue is I would be responsible for my Loan during the process, that could cost me thousands, with no use of the Vehicle.

4. Last option was horrible, they offered to compensate my for the flaw and I live with it, I said to them it would have to be significant since the cost of the vehicle, they were more thinking of a Clear Bra for the car or Accessories. I laughed at that one.

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R
rbscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #17
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbscene View Post
I talked to the Dealer this morning about the Paint Flaw. They gave me a Couple of options.

1. They repaint the Fender, and clear. (They are not suggesting this as they don't think I will be happy with the outcome even though they can do it.)

2. GM Buyback, they will buy back the car and put me in another Corvette, issue is that there are only two available, both are Black, and Manual's, and I'm not interested in either of them.

3. They Buyback and place an order for a new one, no telling how long it would take, issue is I would be responsible for my Loan during the process, that could cost me thousands, with no use of the Vehicle.

4. Last option was horrible, they offered to compensate my for the flaw and I live with it, I said to them it would have to be significant since the cost of the vehicle, they were more thinking of a Clear Bra for the car or Accessories. I laughed at that one.

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R
Geez...

What about a buyback and they find you the car you want from dealer inventory somewhere else?

For option 3, I would think that they pay your lien in full and then you pick up another loan when the new vehicle arrives!

Maybe suggest to them a couple of options that works for YOU, not THEM!

Good luck!!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
WesC5

Drives: 2004 Silver Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbscene View Post

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R
I had similar problems when I ordered/received my C5. I told the dealer I didn't pay "x" amount of dollars for a car I ordered, to be delivered with large paint chips on the hood and front. They asked if I wanted to order another car, I said yes.

I had to wait an additional 8 weeks...but it was worth it. The car was flawless. Really depends on how badly you want the car. For me, I would not accept it.

FYI. I was on the Corvette Plant tour this past Thursday. I saw several cars with large scrapes (one was about 6" by 1/2") and scratches on the hood, top and fenders. With all the automation...I just don't get how all the scratches and scrapes occur. Definitely contact GM customer service about your problems. Terrible QA....

Best of luck....
WesC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #19
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowilson329 View Post
What about a buyback and they find you the car you want from dealer inventory somewhere else?

For option 3, I would think that they pay your lien in full and then you pick up another loan when the new vehicle arrives!
I agree. I would definitely go with option 2 or 3 if they can make it work for you. Go on cars.com and find a dealership that is selling a car that is similar to yours. Then ask your dealership to make a trade with that other dealership so that they have that similar Corvette on their lot. Then have them buy back your car so that you can purchase that similar Corvette instead.

Definitely DO NOT go with option 1 or 4....
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I'd let them paint it....Ive seen two new guys that have repaint some fenders and countless other cars done by excellent body shops , that get it absolutely 100% correct
body shops are no longer out of the 1950s are very sophisticated and completely match the colors with computer..... My body shop has painted two spoilers for me and have got it 100% correct both time- both metallics......look for a shop versed in BMW/Lexus/MB

Last edited by Glen e; 03-02-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #21
GTFD2

Drives: C7 2LT Vert 2014/2LT RS 2012
Go with 3. They are caught up with the demand and cars are getting built in just over a month from date of order.
GTFD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #22
frankjr

Drives: 2012 GS, Audi A4, C7 on order
Had a flaw in paint at rear hatch. Area looked like they tried to touch it up at factory. My dealer is in agreement . They are sending it out to one of the best paint shops in the area for me. They took pictures of it and sending to GM.
frankjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
F7addict

Drives: 12 535 c7 coming soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankjr View Post
Had a flaw in paint at rear hatch. Area looked like they tried to touch it up at factory. My dealer is in agreement . They are sending it out to one of the best paint shops in the area for me. They took pictures of it and sending to GM.
Touch up attempts from factory??? That is seriously the cheesiest thing I could ever imagine. Foreign sport car enthusiasts that read this stuff are probably having a field day with this bullshit.
F7addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #24
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by F7addict View Post
Touch up attempts from factory??? That is seriously the cheesiest thing I could ever imagine. Foreign sport car enthusiasts that read this stuff are probably having a field day with this bullshit.
Watch Ultimate Factories on NatGeo and you'll see factory touch-ups are standard procedure on every make and model of car on the road.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote