The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #99
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Oshawa has been slated for removal long ago when they moved Camaro production to Bowling Green as the Canadians were so greedy for more wages they ran the UAW out of there representing them the Canadian Greed Workers association which frankly is really their downfall not just the loss of interest in the small car market so much. Eventually the gas prices will go up, just wait some Dem will come into office and tax the crap out of it and not care about the economy but social programs to ensure they stay in power...…

That and design changes coming around for more different models in the future...lazy people want autonomous as they are stupid and its not practical really let alone ever cost effective much, but hey some people...…………..
Unfortunately the Impalas sales have been off though they are nice and the stupid start stop engine crap and stuff you get with a Cruise or even Malibu now is scary crap just to save a drop of fuel...bet in the future people get killed from that crap...…

Think Gm needs to make a Soul/ what ever Toyota etc mini van with retro looks more like the HHR again IMO...……...
Thanks for the right wing editorial...NOT.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #100
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Oshawa has been slated for removal long ago when they moved Camaro production to Bowling Green as the Canadians were so greedy for more wages they ran the UAW out of there representing them the Canadian Greed Workers association which frankly is really their downfall not just the loss of interest in the small car market so much. Eventually the gas prices will go up, just wait some Dem will come into office and tax the crap out of it and not care about the economy but social programs to ensure they stay in power...…
Thanks for always being a reliable Redneck..
Old 11-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #101
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Oshawa has been slated for removal long ago when they moved Camaro production to Bowling Green as the Canadians were so greedy for more wages they ran the UAW out of there representing them the Canadian Greed Workers association which frankly is really their downfall not just the loss of interest in the small car market so much.
As a Canadian, I feel I should be offended.

Let's blame the workers for wanting fair compensation for their handwork and not the corporations who want to increase only their margins and not concern themselves with quality.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
Old 11-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #102
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GM is closing 5 Plants Oshawa was the only plant in Canada to be closed but it was the plant that made the 5th Gen Camaro
Old 11-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #103
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
He was being facetious Rocket.

There are like 5 threads on it so far.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #104
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Oshawa has been slated for removal long ago when they moved Camaro production to Bowling Green
I'm curious to know what camaros you could buy that were built in bowling green.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #105
rocket403

Ya I know he was pulling my chain, after I posted I had seen that was posted 1 other time in this section. I was just trying to point this was the former Camaro Plant.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #106
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:

...……...
Hey buddy why don't you go ef your self in the face! That's from this Canadian. If you actually knew more then the garbage you spew on your 6 paragraph long rants, people just might take you seriously but no one does. Are we supposed to believe that the American unions are a group of unselfish unicorns that don't fight for their right for fair wages?! It's guys like you that need to STFU. Almost 3000 people are losing their jobs. The same people that built your Camaro. Have some respect.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #107
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Ya I know he was pulling my chain, after I posted I had seen that was posted 1 other time in this section. I was just trying to point this was the former Camaro Plant.
Still love the Olds brother. Be safe and have a good holiday.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #108
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
As a Canadian, I feel I should be offended.

Let's blame the workers for wanting fair compensation for their handwork and not the corporations who want to increase only their margins and not concern themselves with quality.
As a Canadian I am offended. Show me an American union who doesn't fight for fair wages.

In the 1980's that plant had well over 20,000 employees and they have been slowly going down over the years. A lot of the 20, 30, and 40 year employees were not surprised by this at all. The plant has not been updated for almost 10 years. The writing was on the wall. The good thing is that the economy in the greater Toronto area is booming.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #109
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:

That and design changes coming around for more different models in the future...lazy people want autonomous as they are stupid and its not practical really let alone ever cost effective much, but hey some people...…………..
Unfortunately the Impalas sales have been off though they are nice and the stupid start stop engine crap and stuff you get with a Cruise or even Malibu now is scary crap just to save a drop of fuel...bet in the future people get killed from that crap...…

Think Gm needs to make a Soul/ what ever Toyota etc mini van with retro looks more like the HHR again IMO...……...
Brutal......
Old 11-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #110
rocket403

Thanks I am a true Olds enthusiast and will always own a Cutlass, looking to get a 70 Cutlass SX in the near future.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #111
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Thanks I am a true Olds enthusiast and will always own a Cutlass, looking to get a 70 Cutlass SX in the near future.
mmmmmmm 70 Cutlass
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 11-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #112
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Wow, christianchevell look out! You're about to get an

My condolences go out to the families effected by the closures. From what I've been reading here and elsewhere this has been something in the works for many years, current political arena aside, which doesn't make it any less sad. I'm still bummed at all of the automotive plants shut down in the St. Louis, MO area over the years. Dodge used to make the Ram and Caravan just off of I-44 and if I remember right, Ford used to make the Ranger in the St. Louis area too. Now, to my knowledge, the only automotive assembly plant is the Colorado/Express van plant in Wentzville (STL suburb). Heck until '81 or '82 the Corvette was even made in St. Louis.

At the end of the day I want to wish everyone at the closing plants the best of luck and I hope you land on your feet quickly. Thank you everyone at Oshawa for making my beautiful Camaro. I've thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to continue to enjoy it for many, many years to come.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Closed Thread