Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-11-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
goldwing

Drives: 2010 2SS Inferno Orange
0rdering 2016 SS....Suggestions

I am ordering my third Camaro this week. First 68 327 power glide. Second 2010 SS auto, inferno orange. Trying to decide on auto vs manual this time. Also, mrc. Color will be blue with the gray painted wheels. Want to put a white center strobe stripe down the middle. I'm 60 years old, so unsure if I want to shift manually. My wife liked my 2010 Camaro only when driving, she couldn't see out of passenger side, the seat was too low. Any must haves?
Thanks
goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
off topic, but why did you use the number 0 in place of an O?

and it all depends on you, we cant decide for you. what's more important to you? fuel economy? being in full control of your shifting? fast 0-60 times? smoother suspension for the ol' bones?

with all due respect, at your age, you should go with the auto, just to give your left leg a break.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #3
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
If you left leg is in good shape, and you dont drive in crazy traffic, I would go with the Manual!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
I am ordering my third Camaro this week. First 68 327 power glide. Second 2010 SS auto, inferno orange. Trying to decide on auto vs manual this time. Also, mrc. Color will be blue with the gray painted wheels. Want to put a white center strobe stripe down the middle. I'm 60 years old, so unsure if I want to shift manually. My wife liked my 2010 Camaro only when driving, she couldn't see out of passenger side, the seat was too low. Any must haves?
Thanks
I test drove a 2SS automatic today and it's a beautiful car. Rides fantastic in all of the Magnetic Ride Control modes. If driver vision is your concern, the 2SS has the rear camera with Park Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, plus Lane Change Alert which shows a small bright light in the side view mirrors if it is not safe to change lanes because of traffic in your way. Pretty cool stuff really. Oh, and the 8-way power driver's seat should allow her to boost up high enough to see all around her.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)

Last edited by PalmerGA; 12-11-2015 at 04:19 PM.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #5
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Auto is pretty sweet this time around. Better fuel economy and faster acceleration, for example. But nothing can replace manually shifting! Everyone says MRC is a must have. 2SS has the heated steering wheel and leather heated / ventilated seats, if comfort is important, as well as assists like blind spot monitoring etc.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
I'm 26 and I'm going with the automatic and no MRC. Automatic because that's all I've driven really, and for this generation the automatic is looking great. Better MPG and faster shifts.

I am not going with the MRC because I really don't need it. I'm not going to be tracking my car often if at all (no tracks nearby), and it's one more thing that will eventually need to be serviced.

I think they added up and down adjustability in the 2012+ Camaro. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:22 PM   #7
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I'm 26 and I'm going with the automatic and no MRC. Automatic because that's all I've driven really, and for this generation the automatic is looking great. Better MPG and faster shifts.

I am not going with the MRC because I really don't need it. I'm not going to be tracking my car often if at all (no tracks nearby), and it's one more thing that will eventually need to be serviced.

I think they added up and down adjustability in the 2012+ Camaro. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.
The MRC is not just for tracking. It makes the ride very smooth for just regular driving around.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
The MRC is not just for tracking. It makes the ride very smooth for just regular driving around.
Many people seem to not know what exactly MRC does (not saying you). It will not give any real gains on a track unless the track is bumpy (which most tracks obviously aren't). In most cases the regular suspension will be just as good on track, and allow the owner to do more aftermarket upgrades. Even in all the road tests so far, the best slalom and skid pad numbers have come from a SS without MRC. Now, if you plan on daily driving it, or live in an area with crappy roads, MRC is great as it will soften up the crappy roads and make the ride much more compliant. I usually tell people this when asked, weekend toy, skip MRC, daily driver, get MRC.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Many people seem to not know what exactly MRC does (not saying you). It will not give any real gains on a track unless the track is bumpy (which most tracks obviously aren't). In most cases the regular suspension will be just as good on track, and allow the owner to do more aftermarket upgrades. Even in all the road tests so far, the best slalom and skid pad numbers have come from a SS without MRC. Now, if you plan on daily driving it, or live in an area with crappy roads, MRC is great as it will soften up the crappy roads and make the ride much more compliant. I usually tell people this when asked, weekend toy, skip MRC, daily driver, get MRC.

I'd rather pocket the initial money and put it towards a set of winter wheels. Plus eventually when MRC does wear out, you're looking at another expense down the road for replacement. I'm sure it's nice, but not appealing to me. I'm sure the stock setup and seats are going to be comfortable enough. My normal daily commute is less than a mile because I live in a small town and work two blocks away from home.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
I'd rather pocket the initial money and put it towards a set of winter wheels. Plus eventually when MRC does wear out, you're looking at another expense down the road for replacement. I'm sure it's nice, but not appealing to me. I'm sure the stock setup and seats are going to be comfortable enough. My normal daily commute is less than a mile because I live in a small town and work two blocks away from home.
The non MRC ride quality has gotten very good reviews actually. My car will be a weekend car, not my daily driver, so I will pass on MRC. It will see track time, so I will do my own upgrades. I like my cars modified.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
The non MRC ride quality has gotten very good reviews actually. My car will be a weekend car, not my daily driver, so I will pass on MRC. It will see track time, so I will do my own upgrades. I like my cars modified.
Probably the way to go for you as well. I'd love to try it out to feel the difference first hand. I have heard very little negatives about this gen, February really can't get here soon enough!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
If you left leg is in good shape, and you dont drive in crazy traffic, I would go with the Manual!
Yep...and if you have an artificial left knee and serious back problems you go with an automatic.
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 12:38 AM   #13
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Drive before you buy. Then you will know between auto and manual!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:56 AM   #14
Cautionary tale

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss summit white
Hey

My dealer tried to tell me magnetic ride was only for track,lol.... gee, how many cadillac do u see on the track,lol.... though the cts-v is a beast, though I'm fresh out of $90,000.... yea I know it's one more thing to break down but my 2ss already had so many bells and whistles that why no not one more thing, besides I extended my warranty to ten yrs, cause gm just felt it was time to take 100,000 mile warranty away... but I couldn't get too mad most other automakers don't offer it either, most are 5/60,000... I thought at first bout doing some track but there are other costly things to ready your car for that,lol... besides, I can find alot of rural back roads to play a bit and with good radar detector, I should be fine... and no, I'm not going to go 100 mph in a school zone, I love my car tyvm... I've already scared my gal too in straight line power,lol... well, I did warn her that she had no idea, my car I had before was a 14 impala, not the same...
Cautionary tale is offline   Reply With Quote