Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
20HoosierDaddies10

Drives: 1967 Convertible Camaro
Top Replacement Issue - Help ASAP

Hello All,

I have done a lot of reading on here, as you know there is a lot to go over and I am out of time. I purchased my 2011 2SS/RS vert last year as a "Certified Pre-owned" vehicle which gave me a 48K factory warranty. I am on my third top, counting the top I bough it with. When I bought it already had the holes in the top above the doors. Now it is back in the shop with only 1,200 miles left on the factory warranty having the headliner replaced because it wore out at the back where it attaches to the rear window, no longer stays attached when lowering the top, so it flaps in the wind when the top is up and hangs down. Apparently they always reused teh headliner when replacing the top previously. Long story short, with the most recent top I am now noticing something under the top in front of and behind each bow and it looks like it will eventually cause wear here. I didn't notice these lines in the previous 2 tops and since I am so close to the factory warranty I want to be sure since it is currently in the shop. Is this normal? I wish I could take pictures, but since I didnt before I dropped it off I am kind of stuck. I did grab the attached picture from another post, the description of the file states lines in front of and behind the first bow and it looks like my issue. It almost looks like something that might be used to attached the headliner? Is there a different installation procedure or process to avoid creating these lines? I greatly appreciate any feedback from your experience.

Thank you,

Jerry
Attached Images

20HoosierDaddies10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
20HoosierDaddies10

Drives: 1967 Convertible Camaro
Now that I am looking at this picture my concern is more with the faint line in the top center of the picture going down towards the seam. Can you see what i am talking about? kind of looks like a Popsicle stick under the top...
20HoosierDaddies10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
The popsicle stick under the top is on all the new replacement tops. There are a few of them.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Where you are talking about the headliner sagging in the rear where they didn't connect it to the window, its a pita! If you have the same problem as me you'll take it to them and they'll "fix it" then the next time you put your top down it'll come unconnected again. Finally i grabbed some super glue and put it in the channel that connects the headliner to the window and worked it back on. Haven't had any problems since. My car is getting its 2nd new 5th bow right now so we'll see if it comes back messed up...good luck figuring out your other problem.