Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #29
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by meb91 View Post
How tall are you, if I may ask? I was very comfortable in the driver's seat, I'm only 5'7" of course but this is the first I've heard of someone not being able to find a comfortable driving position. I've seen some guys on the forum 6'+ who said it was still comfortable for them. I'm not here to blast you, just wondering.
I'm 6'4 with long legs. My commute is 45 minutes to an hour each way.

Again, I'm going to test drive it when I get closer to buying, but I'm not sure that it's a good fit for me as a DD. I'd be fine if it was a second car, but if I'm looking at a $45-50k second car, I'd just lease a Corvette.

I'm really struggling with the fact that this car is 2 feet longer and 6 inches wider than a Scion FR-S, yet is about the same size on the inside. GM has always had a special talent for making big cars with small interiors, but this one takes the crown.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #30
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
As far as the seats not reclining as far as you'd think they should, here's a thought I had.
In the 5gen convertibles, the seats couldn't recline all the way down due to the back seat being narrower to accommodate the convertible top mechanism on each side, thus the seat would recline till it hit the part where the sides of the top mechanism narrow the back.

If those seats couldn't recline all the way, any possibility that GM just decided to make the recline limits for all front seats the same as it will probably be in the new convertible just so they could make all the seats the same?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #31
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
In the pics posted above, can anyone tell me what that console tray thingy in front of the rear seats is? The 5th gen doesn't have anything like that so I was wondering what it is.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #32
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Wirles charging station.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:35 AM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As far as the seats not reclining as far as you'd think they should, here's a thought I had.
In the 5gen convertibles, the seats couldn't recline all the way down due to the back seat being narrower to accommodate the convertible top mechanism on each side, thus the seat would recline till it hit the part where the sides of the top mechanism narrow the back.

If those seats couldn't recline all the way, any possibility that GM just decided to make the recline limits for all front seats the same as it will probably be in the new convertible just so they could make all the seats the same?
I have seen studies that show an occupant in a fully reclined position is at more risk of an injury in a crash. It's possible GM has simply done something with their new seats in this regard. But I believe that would show up in the other all new 2016s as well, Malibu, Cruze, Volt etc.

But as you point out, it may be a convertible issue and GM simply has one seat for the Camaro, not a seat for the coupe and another for the convertible. Either way, I'm not a fan of the change. But for me it would only be an issue on long road trips when you want a rest. For me that's 3 or 4 times a year, so may just have to accept it.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:21 AM   #34
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
Thanks for the inputs on the backseat. I am concerned about this. I had a 2014 and the backseat leg room was tight for my young kids, but we managed on the occasional trips. I am concerned if it's significantly smaller. It's a Camaro and supposed to be cramped but not completely useless. I'm 5'10" with average leg length.
This is my primary concern so far and might end up being a show stopper :(

My kids are 6 and 4 also, and fit (with little room to spare) in my 4th gen. If the 2016 is smaller than a 4th gen in the back seat, that's not good! I'm 6'2".
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #35
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
This is my primary concern so far and might end up being a show stopper :(

My kids are 6 and 4 also, and fit (with little room to spare) in my 4th gen. If the 2016 is smaller than a 4th gen in the back seat, that's not good! I'm 6'2".
I'm bringing my kids when I go to pick mine up. If they really don't fit I'm going to have to consider something else. There are good deals on 2015 Silverados, but I really don't want to eat my $500 deposit.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #36
juzefzoozoo

Drives: 2012 997.2 911 GTS, 6mt
I don't mind rear visibility, because the rear camera solves that. Front visibility is ok. Could be better without the huge plastic Bubbles over the instrument panel. Why???? That's a question I'll be asking for a long time.
Rear seat room, or lack thereof, almost question the point of putting them in at all. Which leads one to ask, why not think about a two seater then? Usable rear seats play an important role in my purchase decision. They're asking allota money for this gen6. They delivered additional performance but subtracted a bit a practicality. For me, all the more reason to wait. For the 1LE, for that Alfa Guilia, and for the M2.

Last edited by juzefzoozoo; 12-06-2015 at 03:34 PM.
juzefzoozoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #37
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I'm just curious is I can fit a rear facing baby seat back there for once a month?
My guess is it will be doable if you can push passenger seat up all the way and backrest fully forward, but then you can't really have anyone sitting shotgun.

only one way to find out, take your seat to the dealer and put it in the back.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #38
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
I have no use for the back seat, will never use it for passengers. So may remove the rear seat. To save weight and have some sort of covering over the interior trunk opening in matching carpeting.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #39
juzefzoozoo

One thing I was a bit disappointed at was the poor resolution of the rear view camera. I felt that it was blurry compared to my 2014 Honda CRV's back up camera. I could be wrong on this. Did anyone else notice that??
Old 12-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #40
Medic701

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzefzoozoo View Post
One thing I was a bit disappointed at was the poor resolution of the rear view camera. I found it blurry compared to my 2014 Honda CRV's back up camera. Did anyone else notice that??
Is the camera displayed on the rear view mirror like my 2012 2ss or is it on the 8 inch my link screen
Medic701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #41
juzefzoozoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic701 View Post
Is the camera displayed on the rear view mirror like my 2012 2ss or is it on the 8 inch my link screen
On the 8 inch display.. I think the resolution is adequate, but I distinctly remember noticing, and commenting to the sales rep, that I wished the image were clearer just after noticing how the rear view mirror was truely useless. This irked me along with how the plastic front bubbles (above instrument panel) partially block forward visibility enough to warrant raising the driver seat position. I guess the designers did not worry much about the universally agreed upon number two complaint for the gen5. "all around poor visibility, with excessive weight being numero uno" I Am greatful that they Did focus on weight reduction.

I wonder what limits the image resolution. I hope it's the camera as I bet, a higher resolution camera can be swapped for under $200. (If this proves to be a significant issue, although I doubt it.)

A welcomed feature with the 2SS, is how one or both side mirrors can be programmed to tilt downwards when in reverse (a handy feature during parallel parking to avoid scratching those beautiful and expensive rims). I think this, along with the rear camera actually remedy rear view visibility (and high belt line) well enough. They threw alota technology at the visibility problem/s as apposed to addressing them structurally. For me, the biggest gripe is how front visibility is Still hindered unnecessarily by the huge plastic front bubbles above instrument panel. Why???

Last edited by juzefzoozoo; 12-06-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #42
DevonK

Drives: TBD
^How tall are you? Inseam? I imagine the IP binnacle would be more of a problem for short-torsoed folks.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote