Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
I think my 5th bow bent...again! **Update**

I noticed today that my top wasn't sealed all the way at the back....it looks like the 5th bow bent, what do y'all think?

Last edited by 2011*Camaro*SS; 02-12-2014 at 11:10 AM.
2011*Camaro*SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
I agree, especially on the first two photos.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i dont like the look of that. take to dealer immediately. good luck to you!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
yep its bent. Did they put in the heavy duty one the first time? Mine also bent and I put the new one in myself and it was made stronger than the original one.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
2011*Camaro*SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfoster View Post
I agree, especially on the first two photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i dont like the look of that. take to dealer immediately. good luck to you!
I've got the appointment scheduled, they cant get it in until tomorrow. Im just hoping that we dont get any moisture (for once in my life) because im sure itll leak....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
yep its bent. Did they put in the heavy duty one the first time? Mine also bent and I put the new one in myself and it was made stronger than the original one.
Im not exactly sure what they put in the first time
Old 01-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
Jfoster

I wouldn't worry about it leaking to much. Ours was bent for awhile and worse and it didn't leak.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Doesn't look tight enough in the pics, sorry!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
2011*Camaro*SS

Okay, after 2 weeks in the shop my car is supposed to come out tomorrow or the next day. When im looking it over are there any problem areas that the techs mess up? They were also supposed to touch up my bumper where the deck lid scratched the paint off down to the plastic. So I need to look for over spray. Im really worried about the water bag. I dont want it to leak, is there any way to check that without taking the car apart? Thanks yall!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
Jfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
Okay, after 2 weeks in the shop my car is supposed to come out tomorrow or the next day. When im looking it over are there any problem areas that the techs mess up? They were also supposed to touch up my bumper where the deck lid scratched the paint off down to the plastic. So I need to look for over spray. Im really worried about the water bag. I dont want it to leak, is there any way to check that without taking the car apart? Thanks yall!
Other than soaking it with water is all I can think of, the dealer may do it afterwards. Other than that check your cable tensioners on both sides and the windows seating correctly and the bump stops when up to make sure it sits flush in the back.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #10
2011*Camaro*SS

Im sure it will need a car wash when it comes out, so thatll be the first place I go (as long as they say itll be okay) How would I check the cable tensioners?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
Jfoster

Quote:
Im sure it will need a car wash when it comes out, so thatll be the first place I go (as long as they say itll be okay) How would I check the cable tensioners?
I'm not sure they would have to even touch the cable tensioners to replace the 5th bow, but if they do they should still be snug along the edges just above the door windows and from previous posts the cable should not be visible, especially by the side rear windows. ToddB would know for sure, being he's replaced his.

On the cable tensioners, you can slid your finders just under the edge of the seam and they should be snug. If they're broken or not routed correctly you'll be able to easily slid you fingers under the edges. You would also notice windnoise with air getting under it, similar to having the window cracked open.

Name:  IMG_6861.JPG
Views: 936
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6862.JPG
Views: 931
Size:  69.4 KB
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #12
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfoster View Post
I'm not sure they would have to even touch the cable tensioners to replace the 5th bow, but if they do they should still be snug along the edges just above the door windows and from previous posts the cable should not be visible, especially by the side rear windows. ToddB would know for sure, being he's replaced his.

On the cable tensioners, you can slid your finders just under the edge of the seam and they should be snug. If they're broken or not routed correctly you'll be able to easily slid you fingers under the edges. You would also notice windnoise with air getting under it, similar to having the window cracked open.

Attachment 599628

Attachment 599629

No they do not have to touch the cable tensioners. if they don't get the water bag drains on the sides attached correctly your floor boards by the passenger seat will get soaked. Run water over the back with a garden hose for a few minutes and check the floor. The drains are hard the get attached correctly. you can actually feel from the sides of the car to see if they are in correct. But you wouldn't know unless you did it once. The drains that are hard to attach are located on the front side of the water bag on each side of the car.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #13
2011*Camaro*SS

Thanks yall! I talked to the service manager today, and turns out my service writer has been telling white lies to keep me happy...My car will be ready sometime next week when ill be out of town...If I didn't have to go to this dealership I wouldn't! They always mess up more than they fix.....
Old 02-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks yall! I talked to the service manager today, and turns out my service writer has been telling white lies to keep me happy...My car will be ready sometime next week when ill be out of town...If I didn't have to go to this dealership I wouldn't! They always mess up more than they fix.....
I apologize to hear about your vehicle concerns and service experience. Thanks for the update and feel free to contact us privately if there any lingering concerns that require additional assistance.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote