Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #15
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
Okay, I got home late last night and had a chance to open all the packages that showed up while I was gone. My car is still in the shop until tuesday. SO I have a couple more questions now that I have everything.

I connected the power harness that comes from the pioneer to the harness from the scosche. From all the pictures I've looked at it looks like there are only 4 stock connectors into the back of the stock radio. 2 of them plug into the scosche harness, one is the XM, and the other is the AM/FM antenna. Soooooooo, where do I plug in the RCA connectors from the other pioneer harness? (Pictured in an earlier post) Do I just not use them? In the pioneer installation manual it says that they are used for an aftermarket amp, which I don't have?? HELP!!! Thanks for all yalls help!
You got me lost with the 4 connectors on the stock radio. Do not worry about the stock radio the wiring and connectors are different.
The white and white/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked left front.
The gray and gray/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked right front
The green and green/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked left rear
The violet and violet/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked right rear
You do not connect any speakers on the cord with the red, black, yellow wires. Follow the instructions for the rest of the wiring. they are only 7 or wires for you to connect on the power cord. After you got that done then it just connecting very thing to radio and scosche kit.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #16
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Okay, the pioneer head unit came with 2 harnesses, one with a bunch of rca connectors, and the other just has a bunch of wires. In the installation guide it says to connect the colored wires from the second harness to the scosche harness. They match color for color. My question is whats the other harness for? (the one with the rca connectors) what am i supposed to connect to it?
Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #17
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011*Camaro*SS View Post
Okay, the pioneer head unit came with 2 harnesses, one with a bunch of rca connectors, and the other just has a bunch of wires. In the installation guide it says to connect the colored wires from the second harness to the scosche harness. They match color for color. My question is whats the other harness for? (the one with the rca connectors) what am i supposed to connect to it?
From the scosche wiring you connect this way.

The white and white/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked left front.
The gray and gray/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked right front
The green and green/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked left rear
The violet and violet/black wires connect to the rca plugs that are marked right rear
You do not use the wires from the pioneer unit that match the scosche wire. they are not needed. If you use them any way you could say good by to the ba amp and you will not have any sound period.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #18
2011*Camaro*SS

OHHHHHHHH!!! I see!!! Okay! Thank you soooo much! I was sooo confused! Hopefully I get my car back tomorrow so I will get it all put in!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #19
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

if i understood correct, i have to connect the wires from scosche kit for the speakers with the outputs for the amp and not connecting with outputs, where normaly the Speakers will direct connencted ? Then i have to take my low amp outputs to wire to scosche wires. Thank you so much.

Thanks for this tip, my ba amp will live any time longer .

Best regards from Germany
opossum
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #20
2011*Camaro*SS

Alrighty, I've got everything wired up, just waiting on my car to get home then ill install and post pics. The install should take less than 30 min if everything goes as planned. I've gotta switch the backup camera from the mirror to the radio, and change my mirror back, so ill have a mirror and harness for sale soon. Hopefully I get my car back soon because Im going out of town again next week and I wanna get this done!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #21
opossum

Hallo,
I habe question. Has your mirror for sale homelink included ?

Best regards from germany
Opossum
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #22
2011*Camaro*SS

The mirror has onstar, but my homelink buttons are by the map light

This is the mirror: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Autodim-O...-/121273772964 (exact person I bought mine from, and the same one that comes in ofers package.)
Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #23
opossum

Hallo,

thank you for the link.

Best regards
opossum