Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Hey, if the dealers mark up the MSRP, people will go elsewhere. Dealers won't sell cars. They'll sit on the lots. Dealers have to pay taxes on their unsold cars. Then, they'll finally come around and figure out the fact that they're not making any money while all the other dealerships are selling large #'s of Camaros at MSRP. They'll figure it out and eventually bring it down to compete. If not, they're screwing themselves. I'm sure we will have a couple. But there will be plenty to purchase from at the RIGHT price.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #58
RickAz28

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28 (modified)
Dealers to squeeze

This morning I heard (actually read) that some Chevy dealers are taking money from some folks for the priviledge of being the first to order a new Camaro when ordering is available.
I am left to understand that some dealers hace accepted as much as $25,000. This does not include the MSRP for the car.
It is the same scenario that Chrysler dealers usurped at the launch of the PT Cruiser.
As we all know, Chevrolet (and GM) worst nightmares are with the franchisees.
In posing the question to Scott (Jeez, I hope that he doesn't mind my copy and paste) but here is what the man said about preorders, "...I would go to your local Chevy dealer -- and ask to be put on a
list.........do NOT give 'em money until you can actually order one."

Be careful out there, the greed is already beginning to smell.
I really want this car to be successful and the dealers don't give a damn.
GM needs to nip this in the bud, even to the point of threatening to buy back the franchise of the offending dealer.
One thing for sure, we-the Camaro crowd-can control this by NOT buying in to the morons, idiots, and mental defectives of the sales entity on the dealer level.
If you plan to buy a new one, take my lead-WRITE to your nearest Chevy dealer, and tell them-add on cost and we will boycott your dealership.
If they ARE taking orders right now, tell them they are violating GM policy and you intend on informing GM of that transgression-then watch the sparks fly.
Best regards
Ricky
RickAz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #59
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
that tis why I will only deal with a dealer that won't mark it up. just so happens there's one here in fayetteville. too bad aafes doesn't say gm cars anymore. I'd get deployed on purpose and buy it while I was there tax free and not marked up. lol.fun stuff. oh well. I won't deal with a dealer that marks up anything. and I tell all my friends not to. b/c why give them money and keep them in buisness. oh well.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #60
CMCVette

Drives: 04 Commemorative Corvette
I truly hope GM takes the "high road" on this & trounces Ford by NOT allowing dealers to mark up the Camaros over sticker ~ As I recently told a Ford dealer marking up a GT500 by $20k, I'll NEVER buy a car from a dealer who jacks up prices - not ANY car. That's purely taking advantage of customers. Ford's in enough trouble, & this is not going to help their image, so Please, Chevy, do the right thing by your faithful customers!
CMCVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #61
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Dealer Price Gouging on New Camaro

This is something I am seriously worried about with this New Camaro. With the way people are already putting themselves on waiting lists and sending money directly to GM, I'm concerned about the insanity that will follow when this car is released. We've already seen how the Shelby GT500 is currently selling at most Ford dealers at $20,000 over MSRP. I'm worried about this possiblity. This new Camaro has alot more anticipation and fanfare surrounding it than the '05 Mustang. Do you folks hear think we'll pay a *very high* over the first couple of years this car comes out? I live in Canada, and the 4th Gen LS1 Camaro used to sell up here for between $40,000 to over $50,000 (fully optioned out Camaro SS). If its anywhere near that expensive up here, I'll just get a Mustang GT.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #62
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
IMO, I'm betting there will be "price gouging" at the outset.

But, DO NOT buy a Ford! The "new" Mustang was selling "over sticker" when it first arrived, and now I see plenty of GT's on dealer lots. After the initial "hype" of the Camaro arriving, I'm betting that you'll be able to purchase a "new" Camaro at or close to sticker.

Hang in there, and BUY A CHEVROLET!!!

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #63
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I hope I can. I absolutely love the way the Camaro looks. It blows away the Challenger in the styling department, as well as the Mustang. But I've been a lifelong Ricer all my life (Acura Integra GSR, two RSX Type Ss over the years) and I'm dying for some Detroit Iron and V8 rumble. Hondas and Acuras are nice cars, but after awhile you get bored stiff and want something different. I'm itching to get anything in V8 at this point. The Mustang looks awfully tempting. But I hope its the Camaro I end up with. But if the Chev dealers try to rape me, I may have to go with a more affordable option. I initally wanted to get an older LS1. But those are hard to get and expensive. I sure hope GM learned its lesson with the failure of the F-Body. When they over priced the LS1, people bought Mustangs instead.

The Camaro will be an awesome car. But IMO, LS2=Bigtime $$$ expense.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #64
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
No matter when this car comes out I'm waiting for the second model year for just this reason. Why should I have to pay over MSRP? Because some lame-ass with loads of cash is willing to shell it out? I don't think so. I refuse to pay over sticker price for ANY vehicle. I've waited this long to get another Camaro I can wait longer.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101
KILLER74Z28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #66
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
It is pretty much inevitable simply becasue at the beginning the demand will far outweigh the supply and there are dumba$$es out there willing to pay to get one of the first ones. This is why I would like to see it get released in '08 so that by spring/summer'09 rolls around there will hopefully be more on the lots.

There are two ways I can think of that GM would be able to contol this.
1. They "punish" dealers by decreasing their future allotment of Camaros.

2. GM produces the Camaros but doesn't start shipping them for several months after production so there is more supply.

Honestly, I don't think either is likely to happen. Odds are if you want one early you will have to pay a heafty sum. However, it is still my contention that if you look around you will find a dealer more than happy to sell it to you at MSRP. You may just have to drive awhile out of the way.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #67
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Threads merged.

Every dealer I've talked to said MSRP. We'll see. I'm sure I can get the lower....after selling me 4 brand new cars, I'm sure they will work a deal to keep me coming back. I'm not too worried.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #68
Moose

I agree with 'Tag'. Having ordered my SS, as well as my brother ordering his 10th Anniversary Firehawk, and C6, from the same dealer, WITHOUT any mark-up, I feel confident that when I choose to order the new Camaro, I won't be paying over sticker.

Ed
Old 12-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #69
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I agree with 'Tag'. Having ordered my SS, as well as my brother ordering his 10th Anniversary Firehawk, and C6, from the same dealer, WITHOUT any mark-up, I feel confident that when I choose to order the new Camaro, I won't be paying over sticker.

Ed
Unfortunately the majority of us do not have the history of purchasing cars as you two... for the rest of us it will probably be a waiting game.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #70
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Unfortunately the majority of us do not have the history of purchasing cars as you two... for the rest of us it will probably be a waiting game.
Honestly, I believe it's just a matter of finding a dealer who will be fair. I know that may be hard to believe, but they're out there. Take your time and shop around. I believe you'll find one.

Ed