Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-15-2007, 12:49 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
lol... I type too fast... was supposed to be publically....

I was getting ready to pull out the dictionary and figure out what the heck that was....uh....what's ublically......hmmmm.....that's a new word for me!

We've already heard that GM is hoping to sell 100,000 in the first year. I'm thinking they are hoping to have enough buyers to sell 100,000. I can easily see GM stepping it up and working round the clock to mass produce up to 150K because they are selling like hot cakes. I can't see GM sitting back and not making more too keep up with the demand. If people want it, they will get it. GM will have to keep up and I think they are prepared....or will be.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #16
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

I was getting ready to pull out the dictionary and figure out what the heck that was....uh....what's ublically......hmmmm.....that's a new word for me!
ROFL! I thought it was some super smart person word. I was gettin ready to go to dictionary.com I was thinkin where the hell do people get words like this. Alas I was too lazy.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #17
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
ROFL! I thought it was some super smart person word. I was gettin ready to go to dictionary.com I was thinkin where the hell do people get words like this. Alas I was too lazy.
I am not usually the kind of person that will go out of my way to think up a word that makes me appear smarter than others, so usually if you read my posts and see something like that, it is a typo. I have a tendancy to think faster than i type, so my fingers are always trying to catch up...sometimes they take short cuts by leaving out letters.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #18
SSRich

Drives: 1967 camaroSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_j13 View Post
At least you didn't type "pubically".

Maybe the dealer was refering to Chevy rolling out the loaded, top-of-the-line models first: $32K - $35K. Then add on any intended dealer mark-up and you could be looking at close to $40K. I can see the most powerful and expensive models being released first, then the cheaper V6s. The Mustang GT was selling 80% of the Mustang models in 2005. When the factory finally caught up with demand for the GT, they mixed in more V6 models to maintain the volume of sales they wanted.
No the salesman said they are going to start out at 40,000.
SSRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
No the salesman said they are going to start out at 40,000.
Um...yeah...read the title of this thread once again and you have my response.

Take that business elsewhere. Pricing isn't even out yet and he's saying THAT??? He's full of
Old 03-17-2007, 12:47 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

The best idea we have on pricing is to look at the Mustang and guess it'll be close. That was from GM. They said it would be "priced to compete with the Mustang." I think the Z28 and SS will be comparable to the GT...with one or the other being in the same price range and the other (depending on upgrades) a few grand more.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM   #21
RamRod

Drives: 2010 SS/RS & 1977 Z/28 Camaro
This is craptactular!

I have called like 6 dealers in Arizona and only ONE is selling it at MSRP. That place is called Courtesy Chevrolet. Hell, one place (Thorobred Chevrolet) is selling it at $10,000 over MSRP. WTF? Whats wrong with these greedy bastards? If more dealers are like that, I fear for GM's numbers.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You know it'll come down the second or third year...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:20 PM   #23
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
I have called like 6 dealers in Arizona and only ONE is selling it at MSRP. That place is called Courtesy Chevrolet. Hell, one place (Thorobred Chevrolet) is selling it at $10,000 over MSRP. WTF? Whats wrong with these greedy bastards? If more dealers are like that, I fear for GM's numbers.
WHAT!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #24
RamRod

Drives: 2010 SS/RS & 1977 Z/28 Camaro
I know man. It is quite ridiculous. I mean seriously, $10,000? Might as well get a corvette for that friggen price. Who is going to buy a V6 Camaro for 35k? People will buy the Mustang GT for that amount. Retarded dealers.
RamRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #25
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
I know man. It is quite ridiculous. I mean seriously, $10,000? Might as well get a corvette for that friggen price. Who is going to buy a V6 Camaro for 35k? People will buy the Mustang GT for that amount. Retarded dealers.
I doubt they will markup the V6s just like dealers didn't mark up the Mustang V6s, just the V8s.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:09 PM   #26
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I saw the same thing happen when the Mustang first arrived. My sister was in the market for a GT, and every dealer we visited had a mark-up. Now, you can visit almost any Ford dealer and see Mustang GT's, selling at sticker.

It may take some time with the Camaro, seeing as it was gone for a few years, but in time, you should be able to buy one at sticker.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I'll email every GM person I know w/ a complaint. ... "Well, I was going to buy one, but dealers have gone and screwed it up." I'm sure GM is aware dealers might do this. I hope GM knows dealers can kill the Camaro just as quickly as GM brought it back.

I'd say to post up a list of poor dealers that are supposed to sell them above MSRP in the crappy dealer thread. That way, we can all mail them a letter letting them know they lost one more customer....make it out w/ attn: sales manager.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #28
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Unfortunately I believe the markups are coming. There is too much built up hype for the Camaro that will only continue to grow in the next year or two.

Mustangs are still subjected to crappy markups. Not so much the GT, but definitely the GT500

To me buying a car over MSRP is ridiculous and I refuse to do it. I just don't like to waste my money.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote