The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
BPhillyc7

Drives: C7 Z51 Mag Ride, ECC
*NEW SOFTWARE NOW AVAIABLE TO UPDATE IC BRIGHTNESS*

OK. Just got back from the dealer with the update. I have only driven the car a few miles so this review may be a little incomplete. I have attached the bulletin below. 4 lighting modules were updated. BCM-HVAC-RADIO and IPC.

1)The Instrument Cluster is much brighter. Very Nice. In daytime mode, you can not adjust the display luminescence level to the left of the steering wheel. This may have been the way it used to be as well (I never tested it in daytime before). Regardless, no issues whatsoever in daytime conditions.

2) It started to rain, so my lights toggled on and the display switched over to night mode. The transition was evident. It is 100% better than the old murky low light display. They did a very good job in recalibrating the brightness levels. Much, much better
The light level knob to the left of the steering wheel is controllable in Night conditions and controls the Instrument Cluster as well as the Infotainment Screen smoothly and simultaneously. It has a wide range of movement all the way to complete dark / off.

3) The update will cause you to lose all of your radio presets. I spent a lot of time putting together and renaming 20 presets a few weeks ago. No problem...I will redo them tonight.

4) Your radio EQ and Balance will default back to normal.

5) My Vehicle Lighting preferences changed. No big deal. Already reset my Exit Lighting to my preferred mode (off).

6) Software update now indicates 23141791

7) My Driver Mode programming, HUD and Pocket Gauges had to be reset and Linked. No problem, took 1 minute when I got home.

Hope this helps you guys. I am very happy with the update. Nicely done!
BPhillyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Ooooh. So it's as simple as scheduling an appointment at dealership with this request and they will do the update, etc.?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Does anyone know if the plant is added this update automatically or do we have to ask for it? I'm doing the Museum delivery Dec 16, so I wondering if it is already done.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Stingray949

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I read your post on Corvetteforum yesterday and took it to the dealer

I sat there for 2 hours while they did it, and my service manager comes out and tells me that the radio is bricked and will need to keep it overnight. Apparently, the update failed midway through and now the infotainment screen doesn't boot.

They gave me a 2013 Camaro convertible to drive home. I noticed this infotainment system is WAY better than the C7's. Much quicker and more responsive.

I hope this was a fluke and won't happen to anyone else, because this sucks!
Stingray949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Read it also over at CF.... here's the gist:

Preliminary Information - PI1101
Document ID - 3657121
System Update - 23141791
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Stingray949

What blows is my car is still at the dealer. Its saturday and its been there since Thursday. GM has to ship a brand new infotainment system, and that means I might not get my car back until middle of next week.

A damn week just to do a firmware update to fix a simple glitch. What a pain in the ass..
Old 12-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
not to add paranoia but this is why I will probably not do the update. I have seen simple updates screw a lot up for a lot of companies....apple included. Everything works fine on my car now and every now and then I get into the dusk situation and get thru it. I''ll wait this one out a few months. Ive seen Garmin more than once issue an update and then 3 more in a month, to clear up stuff the original update screwed up....

I wish I had not gone to ios7.......
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray949 View Post
I read your post on Corvetteforum yesterday and took it to the dealer

I sat there for 2 hours while they did it, and my service manager comes out and tells me that the radio is bricked and will need to keep it overnight. Apparently, the update failed midway through and now the infotainment screen doesn't boot.

They gave me a 2013 Camaro convertible to drive home. I noticed this infotainment system is WAY better than the C7's. Much quicker and more responsive.

I hope this was a fluke and won't happen to anyone else, because this sucks!

It sucks that you don't have your car but at least you get to drive a convertible Camaro for a little while, that's kind of cool if you ask me!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Stingray949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
It sucks that you don't have your car but at least you get to drive a convertible Camaro for a little while, that's kind of cool if you ask me!
Only problem is the car feels so cheap and bloated compared to my C7. Having a convertible when it has been 45-50* and raining isn't much either, then again, my C7 would be stuck in the garage during that time anyway lol.

It just makes me nervous now to do anything to this car without it having a problem. I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty sure an update shouldn't brick the damn thing.

Hope it gets put back together without any rattles now!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Interesting that my ATS Caddie get's a lot of the upgrades "over the air "thru onstar so I know it is possible. I get an email to where I can "opt out" and just park the car in the garage as I would always do. Works like a champ, no dealer issues to sweat.
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Stingray949

The latest now is that the infotainment system is back ordered until the end of the month!!!

They are going to have my damn care for over a month to fix before I can pick it up due to a damn FIRMWARE FLASH. Pathetic, and pathetic GM does not have infotainment systems ready to ship!

This is complete BS. Avoid Connell Chevrolet if you live in Orange County, CA.. They will probably brick your car as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
Rayo

Drives: 14'Stingray/13'LandRover/12' Harley
Does anyone knows how to create a playlist?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
Stingray949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayo View Post
Does anyone knows how to create a playlist?
lol.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Received word from the NCM that the plant has been using the new software since Nov 15, so if yours is built before that date, you'll need to get it from the dealer.
Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote