The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
my first hands on look at a C7...

No pics - we've seen enuf here..

Today I got together with a new owner of a 3LT Z51 Cyber gray Kalahari car. The color combination meshes well. He was kind enough to meet me at a parking lot in Parkland, Fl and show me the car. I didn't drive it, but that's ok, I did not care how it drove, I took his word that it drove well. My main concerns were pretty much some of the things we talked about here, so let me give you my observations.

NPP Exhaust -, This works very well - the open position is loud enuf on acceleration when he left and burbles nice at idle. What was surprising was how quiet the closed position is. Very cool. Glad I got it.

Do I fit? The answer is yes,I'm 6'1" 235 pounds built normally, but could stand to lose 1-15 lbs, but certainly not a full back from the NFL. I fit perfectly fine, both in my leg, and through the seat and the back. I felt was very comfortable fit with that with no problem whatsoever. Plenty of headroom, no problem.

The stereo? Again fine for my iPod of 2500 tunes. I have had cars in the past that I put Amps and subs in, and everything else to get great sound, and this is perfectly acceptable. It had good bass. mids and highs. I am not making any changes in the system and once I get the car.

The rear spoiler? People have commented here that if you get this, you have to reach over it to put things in the back. A bit, but it's workable as the floor is high in realtion to where you stand. I have a spoiler ordered to install on my non z51 car. I think it adds to the look and the fit and finish of Keith's spoiler was fine with the same gap on each side.

The paint: Good enuf with a mild correction/polish. Being an amateur detailer, I was very concerned about how much orange peel was there, not much at all, nice gloss. This car was detailed nicely on delivery by the dealer.

The badges: the chrome rear and stingrays look out of place to me on a cyber Grey car, IMO. I think I'll probably put "Stingray" across the back in black and look for black chrome stingrays on the side. RPI and emblempros are working on both.

Overall: after a critical look at the interior of the 3LT I was very impressed. The carbon fiber to me on the dash has enough luster to it that I'll leave it alone. It's not really a matte finish, more satin. The stitching looks very nice and the leather gives off a great smell. I did not see anything I didn't like, except the wheel gap. It's a z51 and there still was a considerable amt.. It will be interesting to see how it looks when you lower the bolts.

GM engineering and design did their homework here, and if the UAW and suppliers keeps the build quality high, this car will be a killer in the market segment they want to capture.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Thanks for all the info! I've heard a lot of people saying that they wouldn't mind seeing the car a little lower.....just wondering but do you plan on lowering yours?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I went and looked at a CGM and Torch Red one today as well. They were spoken for, but the dealer was kind enough to let me take a peek. I've ordered black, but could settle for CGM. And now that I've seen it in person, Torch Red isn't out of the question either. They were both 3LT/Z51 auto's. The CGM might become available since the customer who ordered it is unable to claim it right now...but, auto is OUT OF THE QUESTION for me. They both had Kalahari interior. Very classy, matches the aggressive exterior with sultry interior. The NPP is SWEET!!! Spacious for a 2-seater...much to my surprise. I'm not a tall guy, so there was plenty of head-room, and the trunk lift didn't seem abnormal. CF interior is killer! Wish I'd gotten it...may look into that in the future. The transparent top is OUT OF THIS WORLD. That might be another option to re-consider. All in all...very impressive!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #4
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
Thanks for all the info! I've heard a lot of people saying that they wouldn't mind seeing the car a little lower.....just wondering but do you plan on lowering yours?
absolutely - just the lowering bolts though, no more...no coils, etc...not into major mods as I will trade this for another in 2 -3 years...
Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Hey Glen e, did the new car come from Auto Nation Chevrolet on Pembroke Pines. They took delivery of a 3LT Cyber Gray with Kalahari last Saturday and the owner picked it up the same day.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
BTW Pembroke Pines still has the 3LT Torch Red in the showroom... I recently posted pics in another thread here somewhere. I'm close to ordering one possibly at Tropical if they get another open allocation soon... I'm at Ft. Laud's Autonation waiting list but still 7 allocation peeps ahead of me. Still undecided on the color I want and if I opt for Z51 or not... wish I could test drive one with Z51 (+ MRC too) so I can compare it to the base black one I drove earlier this week.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Hey Glen e, did the new car come from Auto Nation Chevrolet on Pembroke Pines. They took delivery of a 3LT Cyber Gray with Kalahari last Saturday and the owner picked it up the same day.
yes i believe so....I was on the autonation ft laud list and was 20 spots away from getting a car...went with Coughlin and had an order accepted by chev 7 days later at MSRP - no add....painless transaction...order in 9/10 - should have car 10/30....
Old 10-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Corvettestingray

Drives: Corvette
GM likes to roll them out looking like 4x4's
Corvettestingray is offline   Reply With Quote