The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 06:36 AM   #57
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
My financing is $10,000 down, 6 years, 1.99% to 2.06% depending on when I sign when my dealer gets the invoice - Dealer says 2.06% is the max and could go to the 1.99% as the best rates fluxes daily - My C7 MSRPs at just over $75,000 at the old price, less $1,000 below MSRP, add $2,000 for 7/70 no deductible warranty, add $1,000 5 yr. wheel & tire warranty, and with MD taxes & tags, my monthly payment is just over $1,000.

At 2%, that's close to being free money, otherwise, I would have paid cash.

Last edited by Richardlord; 04-30-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #58
sam-garcia

Drives: 2003 corvette
Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
While there was a time when I had to finance my daily drivers, I have never financed a toy. Always just saved and scrimped til I had the cash. Now many hard years later and the Good Lords Blessing it is not quite as difficult as it used to be.
Credit is an easy trap to get into, many talk about their high return in investments as a reason to keep piling it on. My Dad always told me I could work for a bank or for myself, I have always chosen to for myself. I guess I would only caution people on spending tomorrows income now and paying interest to do so.
Not knocking anyone, just giving unsolicited advice.
Is anyone out there willing to give some advice on investing/saving/earning lots of money and or sharing what you do for a living?

Excuse my naiveness, a corvette had always been my dream car since the age of 5 when my older sister pointed one out to me. At the age of 22 everyone thought I was crazy when I finally let it be known that I was 100% to buying one before I turned 23. No one supported me, not my mother, not my girlfriend at the time, family, co workers, no one. At the time, it was my last year in college and I worked at a pizza restaurant making around $600 a month.

After about a month of searching for the one I had envisioned for myself ( 5th gen, black interior and exterior, stick shift, heads up display, less than 80,000 miles and under $18,000 I finally came across it. Less than a week later, I drove it home with $6,000 down and monthly payments including gap set at $348 with a simple interest loan of 8%.

The finance guy insisted he pulled off a miracle for me as no one wanted to finance a 22 year old working at a restaurant etc etc.

Fast forward to now, I still am the proud, happy owner of my 2003 corvette 50th anniversary edition. There is days when I just stare at my car in disbelief asking myself how I pulled it off.
I joined Teach For America in 2014 and they relocated me from California to North Las Vegas, Nevada to be a middle school special education teacher. As a first year teacher, my salary is exactly $34,684 before taxes. I still owe a little over $10,000 on my car but already I have been setting my sights on the c7 corvette. On my salary I almost live paycheck to paycheck from bills and rent.

My question is if anyone out there is willing to share their story with me. What do you do for a living? Where do you invest your money? Is anyone willing to reach out and teach me how to invest, or how to earn more money by other means etc.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
sam-garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #59
john ziegler

Drives: 2002 corvette
how much is your corvette monthly payment?

i put 50k down,got all the warrentys came out to 326.00 a month for 6 years at 3.8 percent interest rate .i can live with it.love the car!!
john ziegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #60
regguy1

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-garcia View Post
Is anyone out there willing to give some advice on investing/saving/earning lots of money and or sharing what you do for a living?

Excuse my naiveness, a corvette had always been my dream car since the age of 5 when my older sister pointed one out to me. At the age of 22 everyone thought I was crazy when I finally let it be known that I was 100% to buying one before I turned 23. No one supported me, not my mother, not my girlfriend at the time, family, co workers, no one. At the time, it was my last year in college and I worked at a pizza restaurant making around $600 a month.

After about a month of searching for the one I had envisioned for myself ( 5th gen, black interior and exterior, stick shift, heads up display, less than 80,000 miles and under $18,000 I finally came across it. Less than a week later, I drove it home with $6,000 down and monthly payments including gap set at $348 with a simple interest loan of 8%.

The finance guy insisted he pulled off a miracle for me as no one wanted to finance a 22 year old working at a restaurant etc etc.

Fast forward to now, I still am the proud, happy owner of my 2003 corvette 50th anniversary edition. There is days when I just stare at my car in disbelief asking myself how I pulled it off.
I joined Teach For America in 2014 and they relocated me from California to North Las Vegas, Nevada to be a middle school special education teacher. As a first year teacher, my salary is exactly $34,684 before taxes. I still owe a little over $10,000 on my car but already I have been setting my sights on the c7 corvette. On my salary I almost live paycheck to paycheck from bills and rent.

My question is if anyone out there is willing to share their story with me. What do you do for a living? Where do you invest your money? Is anyone willing to reach out and teach me how to invest, or how to earn more money by other means etc.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
Be a disciplined saver / max out tax advantaged options: IRA / 401K / Be careful with advisors (some) tend to steer you to high commission and high ongoing fee investments, over time this will erode much of your returns.
I highly recommend you watch this Frontline episode : "The Retirement Gamble" it will open your eyes to the importance of keeping investing costs low: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...rement-gamble/
regguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #61
Myklo

Drives: 2015 C7 Coupe 7spd TR
Do not feel it is a good idea to finance a toy. Negotiated an out the door price on an out right no trade purchase. One payment in full. It's cheaper in the long run and you don't have to feel guilty about doing it.
Myklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #62
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myklo View Post
Do not feel it is a good idea to finance a toy. Negotiated an out the door price on an out right no trade purchase. One payment in full. It's cheaper in the long run and you don't have to feel guilty about doing it.
If you have great credit and can get a 72 mos loan at 1 to 2 percent, for me, i prefer to finance it and keep cash in bank / investments. On my 6 year loan with my 2013 Pilot, i'm paying $600 to finance it over 6 years....so...yeah, keep my cash thank you.

Keep my 50K to 100K in my mutual fund that earns 8 to 10+ percent per year....no brainer.

Now, if you don't have good credit...well...different story.

Or if you are doing really good and have 200K in cash, sure, go plunk down 80K on a Stingray - of course 20K more and you're in Z06 territory.

Anyway, point being that each person has different financial situations and different views on how to manage those situations. After all, there are hundreds of millions of folks in the US and Canada that would scoff at any one of us buying a performance car in the first place, especially one at 70K.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #63
11B250

Drives: Corvette Z06
677 a month. Not too bad, but it's 84 months. It was the only way I can afford it. Oh well... The way wife and I set our finances up is that we'll always assume car payments and house payments. It works well for us. Have excellent credit too. Plus I plan on keeping her for the entire generation plus C8 if we don't fall in love with it. Probably put 3-5K miles on it a year if that.
11B250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #64
11B250

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
If you have great credit and can get a 72 mos loan at 1 to 2 percent, for me, i prefer to finance it and keep cash in bank / investments. On my 6 year loan with my 2013 Pilot, i'm paying $600 to finance it over 6 years....so...yeah, keep my cash thank you.

Keep my 50K to 100K in my mutual fund that earns 8 to 10+ percent per year....no brainer.

Now, if you don't have good credit...well...different story.

Or if you are doing really good and have 200K in cash, sure, go plunk down 80K on a Stingray - of course 20K more and you're in Z06 territory.

Anyway, point being that each person has different financial situations and different views on how to manage those situations. After all, there are hundreds of millions of folks in the US and Canada that would scoff at any one of us buying a performance car in the first place, especially one at 70K.
If you know how to invest and you can foresee the future and know you'll make money, (even up the interest and make more) more power to ya.

I don't know how that stuff works and I'm not rich enough to pay full on a car at 29. We put some money down (what I sold my C5Z for) and will pay the rest in payments. the interest is what the bank gets for letting me drive my dream car at such an early age. lol
11B250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #65
Bulos

Drives: 2015 Z51 2LT CRM & 2006 Scion TC
Crap shoot really nobody knows where the market will be 5 years from now. I bought mine cash.
Bulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #66
ntonkin

Drives: Green coup, Z-51, LT2, mag susp,
100% down - - no payment at all, just license and comprehensive insurance in the driving season.
ntonkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #67
BAPD77

Drives: 2013 Yellow ZL1/2015 Z51 Stingray
755 per month.
BAPD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #68
BigEastVette

Drives: 2017 Z06 3LZ BLACK ROSE, FORD F250
Mine was approx. $ 81k after TT&L, put $35k down, got 1.49% at the credit union, which left 60 months at $795 per month........
Old 03-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #69
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Zero
Old 03-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #70
cmdrwill

Drives: 2015 C7 Z51 Torch Red
$27,000 down and $630 monthly
cmdrwill is offline   Reply With Quote