Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 AM   #71
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCelsius View Post
Can confirm the 3.6L LGX Blazer has AFM. Any vehicle fitted with the LGX variant of the 3.6L uses AFM. If it's fitted with the older LFY variant, like in the traverse and enclave, it does not have AFM.

Only exception is that the LGX is in the RS Camaro, but if you have the manual, AFM isn't available just like out AFM isn't available in the manual LT1.
Well, there you go. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #72
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
If they really want to sell a bunch of Blazers, they need a SS version, twin turbo 3.0L V6 maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
Based on the pricing, it would probably cost as much or more than a ZL1. No thanks, not for a daily driver, kid hauling SUV. A high HP V8 SUV would make a nice DD, but not anywhere near prices like that.
I think it would be awesome if they made an SS version but pricing would kill it. The Edge ST (335HP 380 TQ AWD) is already cheaper than an AWD RS blazer with 0 options. (44695 for the blazer and 43450 for the ST)
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:40 AM   #73
HyperM3

Drives: 2017 Audi A4
I didnt read through the whole thread but I am confused about the headlights. Are they the ones below or are they foglights? Are the ones up top that look like cherokee headlights actually only DRL's, or are those the LED headlights? Are there LED headlights? One review I watched last night the guy said up top they were HID headlights(which I knew had to be wrong on possibly both accounts).

But I think its an awesome looking truck, congrats!
Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 PM   #74
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Congrats OP, this car was getting a lot of attention at the auto show. People love the exterior design as well as interior. It will sell well, and RS trims will be sought after. Most of us enthusiasts don't quite understand the general consumer preferences. So while some may see it overpriced, normal consumers love the design and price won't matter that much. It's similar to explorer or edge ST pricing and keep in mind RS trim is the top trim. Most Blazers will average at around mid 30's.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #75
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I didnt read through the whole thread but I am confused about the headlights. Are they the ones below or are they foglights? Are the ones up top that look like cherokee headlights actually only DRL's, or are those the LED headlights? Are there LED headlights? One review I watched last night the guy said up top they were HID headlights(which I knew had to be wrong on possibly both accounts).

But I think its an awesome looking truck, congrats!
The top lights are DRL's only. The one's circled in the photo are the headlights. The Blazer does not have fog lights.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #76
HyperM3

Drives: 2017 Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
The top lights are DRL's only. The one's circled in the photo are the headlights. The Blazer does not have fog lights.
Thats what I thought, thanks for clarifying. So what do the DRL's look like when the car is on?
Old 01-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #77
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Thats what I thought, thanks for clarifying. So what do the DRL's look like when the car is on?
Here you go.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #78
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Congrats!

It looks amazing!!
Old 01-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #79
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
We like the looks of the new blazer but it is a far cry from the 1980 K5 I had. I think we'll keep the GMC Envoy for a while longer. I can't get used to the idea of an SUV with wrong-wheel-drive. Don't see any way RWD could easily be done om that vehicle.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #80
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Quote:
Here's a head on photo I took this evening that gives a better view of the DRLs.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #81
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
I wish it wasn't totally made in Mexico. Especially with GM closing U.S. plants. It does look very good. Maybe demand will lead to some U.S. plants getting it.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #82
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
I wish it wasn't totally made in Mexico. Especially with GM closing U.S. plants. It does look very good. Maybe demand will lead to some U.S. plants getting it.
And I wish my iPhone and every electronics device I own wasn't made in China. America started down this path in the 80s and no one gave tiny crap where anything was made. It's made Walmart Number 1 last I looked. Not sure why Mexico is suddenly a problem for people. Go over to the Chevy SS sites and it's celebrated that it was made in Australia and in fact quite a few rebadge it as a Holden.

The Buick Envision is made in China
The Buick Encore is made in S. Korea
The Chevy Traxx also made in S. Korea
The Chevy Spark also made in S. Korea
The Buick Regal and TourX are made in Germany
The Cadillac CT6 hybrid (only sold for 2 years and now gone) made in China

But everyone seems to be worried about Mexico

Not to be a doomsayer, but I can imagine a time when there are only a few of us remaining that will complain that all of the autonomous EVs are coming from China and wishing they were at least built in NA somewhere let alone the US.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:16 AM   #83
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
As long as the cost of labor overseas is lower than the cost of transportation + cost of incremental inventory in transit, products will be made overseas. Mexican labor is 1/4 to 1/5th the cost of US labor, Chinese labor obviously less than that. Tariffs aim to level it out a bit, but really only have a temporary smoothing effect.

Eventually, globalism and income parity will catch up and it will stabilize.... in another 100-200 years.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:23 AM   #84
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Here's a head on photo I took this evening that gives a better view of the DRLs.
The lights are like the previous gen Jeep Cherokee light situation. They did it first followed by Kia/Hyundai and now the Chevy.