Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 08-31-2016, 12:54 PM   #7435
BRN2SPD

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition
September meet info?
-K&N Intake
-Resonator Delete
-Stance SF03 Titanium Wheels
2002 35th Anniversary SS Convertible
-SLP Performance Package
1991 Z28 Convertible
-Cam
-Heads
-Custom 350 Engine Build
BRN2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:22 PM   #7436
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Hey Willard, who painted your 68 in town? Looking for some recommendations in the area as Roslunds no longer has the ability to do stripes as their painter that specialized in that left this month. They recommend competition paint and body but I personally have never seen their work. Looking at options in town, if not I will drive to Atlanta or Miami (Only considering somewhere as far as Miami as we have a house down there too).
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:47 AM   #7437
Mr. Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Rally Yellow & 68 SS
He has moved to NC. But my want to talk to Mike at 850-528-1325
AS OF 1/29/16 @ 633 RWHP=10.10@136
TOPED 700 PASSES AFTER F.I. AND STILL ON THE ORIGIANAL STOCK AXLE & DIFF
Mr. Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #7438
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty View Post
He has moved to NC. But my want to talk to Mike at 850-528-1325
Will do, thanks.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #7439
InTheMarket

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1Strider View Post
I had mine tuned in New Mexico by southwest speed, I just moved here so I don't know of any shops. But as for headers I have kooks LT headers and they are great! I also have stainless works retro chambered cat back and it sounds really good paired with headers. I am contemplating trading my car in, if I do I would demod it and sell the mods. If that happens I'll let you know incase you are still in the market for parts.
Awesome Thanks Alot, go ahead and trade her in for a new 1LE!!!! or SS!!! those 6th gens are something sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Stainless works for headers and exhaust. My .02
I love the way your car sounds, noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRN2SPD View Post
Stainless works off-road and dyno tuned by Lashway Motorsports in Ft Lauderdale 427rwhp. They have the best customer service and nicest mechanics I've ever met at a shop. I strongly recommend the trip down to have them do the work
Seems like Stainless works is the common denominator so I'll go with those. Lashaway is a ways away, I've got a quote from the local place, PM me with what type of price you think they'd give me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Only place somewhat local that I know of that does tunes would be Browning Tuning in Moultire GA on Spence Airfield. As of right now, I am still up in the air on his tune as my car is not 100% correct. But in his defense, I have't called him about it as my car has been on stands for a month awaiting suspension upgrades and next week it's going to get scheduled to have it's stripes painted on. I will reach out to him in the near future to give him a chance to fix the tune. When I run the AC (Which I do very rarely and is why I am only finding this out a year after the tune) I get a rolling idle but other than that, my car hasn't felt stronger. There are so many great tuners for the LS3/L99 within a days drive from Tallahassee that I would strongly consider driving. With the LLT, my options were very very limited.

I agree with Alex and Willard. Stainless works is the way to go for Headers and exhaust for these cars. The craftsmanship of my Stainless works LTs is amazing. But you will pay more for the quality. My headers and cats were about 1,200 for my V6 which isn't horrible but considerably more than the other options such as OBX and BBK.
I have spoken with Browning tuning recently, I've met the guy Derek a few times and it seems like a good shop. Just want to see what all is around Tally.

Thanks all for your input. I'm looking for around 460 or so RWHP, so hopefully I can get that done by the October meet.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #7440
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Freddy or anyone else that got new wheels. Did you have to reset your TPMS? Im assuming the light is on because i need to reset them. I assumed it was the batteries in the tire sensor but i guess i'll go by the manual instructions and see if that fixes it.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #7441
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMarket View Post
Awesome Thanks Alot, go ahead and trade her in for a new 1LE!!!! or SS!!! those 6th gens are something sweet.

Seems like Stainless works is the common denominator so I'll go with those. Lashaway is a ways away, I've got a quote from the local place, PM me with what type of price you think they'd give me.

I have spoken with Browning tuning recently, I've met the guy Derek a few times and it seems like a good shop. Just want to see what all is around Tally.

Thanks all for your input. I'm looking for around 460 or so RWHP, so hopefully I can get that done by the October meet.
Thanks bud, I have the BBK's and they are awesome. I went with them primarily because of cost and they were ceramic coated so I didn't have to have them wrapped or coated. I havent seen too many people on here have them but just wanted to share my experience with them.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #7442
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMarket View Post

With bolt ons, 460 should be doable without much problems. I'm pretty much maxed out when it comes to a NA LLT at 280rwhp. Unfortunately when it comes to Tallahassee, there aren't many options. Derek also welded my exhaust all together when I got the stainless H pipe and no complaints there. The L99 is much easier to tune than the LLT and he has a lot of experience with them so he should be able to do it right.

Quote:
Freddy or anyone else that got new wheels. Did you have to reset your TPMS? Im assuming the light is on because i need to reset them. I assumed it was the batteries in the tire sensor but i guess i'll go by the manual instructions and see if that fixes it.
I had to reset mine with the new sensors I just installed on the wheels. Should be able to just navigate to the page on the DIC that shows the tires pressure sensor and it should say hit enter to reset or relearn the sensors. Horn should beep two times and a few mins later, they should show up. If they don't, could be a dead battery as they only have a 7-10 year life. I replace mine this month with new tires.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 PM   #7443
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:

I had to reset mine with the new sensors I just installed on the wheels. Should be able to just navigate to the page on the DIC that shows the tires pressure sensor and it should say hit enter to reset or relearn the sensors. Horn should beep two times and a few mins later, they should show up. If they don't, could be a dead battery as they only have a 7-10 year life. I replace mine this month with new tires.
Thanks, did that but I read after you reset them from the DIC, you have to follow it by increase/ or decrease the air in the tires (DF, PF, PR, DR), which the horn will chirp when it syncs. Had no idea you had to do that besides reset it from inside the car.

I read they only last what you mentioned but hopefully i just have to reset them, all the way.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #7444
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Thanks, did that but I read after you reset them from the DIC, you have to follow it by increase/ or decrease the air in the tires (DF, PF, PR, DR), which the horn will chirp when it syncs. Had no idea you had to do that besides reset it from inside the car.
I have had to do that with my other GM cars but don't know if it works for the camaro. My Camaro found the sensors and read the correct psi without doing that. Generally the procedure is to have the key in the ignition on the on position. With your other key, hit the lock and unlock button at the same time till the horn chrips. The turn signals should turn on to indicate the corner you need to either raise or lower the tire pressure by 5psi. After all four corners, the horn should go off a couple times to let you know it's complete.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #7445
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
I have had to do that with my other GM cars but don't know if it works for the camaro. My Camaro found the sensors and read the correct psi without doing that. Generally the procedure is to have the key in the ignition on the on position. With your other key, hit the lock and unlock button at the same time till the horn chrips. The turn signals should turn on to indicate the corner you need to either raise or lower the tire pressure by 5psi. After all four corners, the horn should go off a couple times to let you know it's complete.
Oh okay. How much were your sensors? (OEM ones of course)
Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #7446
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Oh okay. How much were your sensors? (OEM ones of course)
Paid 120ish for all four from Maureen.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #7447
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Hope everyone's safe and sound after Hermine hit. It didn't affect us on the west side. We got one feeder band and that was it.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #7448
BRN2SPD

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition
i wouldn't trust anyone up here with my car at all. Only two shops I would let work on my car are Redline Motorsports or Lashway. Redline is big money but lashway is more reasonable and will give you the same power and quality. Both shops specialize in LS engines so I encourage you to make the drive and consider them.
-K&N Intake
-Resonator Delete
-Stance SF03 Titanium Wheels
2002 35th Anniversary SS Convertible
-SLP Performance Package
1991 Z28 Convertible
-Cam
-Heads
-Custom 350 Engine Build
BRN2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote