Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
Rdphish73

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey LS-3 RS/2SS Coupe
WARNING: Graphic Image!!

Hey All,

Apologies for posting such a painful picture. Imagine how I felt!! This is what was left of my 2012 2SS LS3 after a head on collision in April 2015. I'm not proud to admit it, but I was messed up on heroin and nodded off and I hit a Ford Ranger pick-up head on. We were each going around 45-50mph. Some higher power must have been looking out for us, because we ALL walked away with no injuries! I received some nasty airbag burns and a cut on my left knee and that was it. This was also the catalyst that propelled me into quitting all drugs. Last time I used was 442 days ago. I'm so grateful.

I haven't been on here in quite some time. I think the last time was a bout a year and a half ago when I had just survived my accident...and I was praising my Camaro SS for being such a safe car. I never posted the pic of the car. Welp , here it is. Thank you Chevrolet for building a very solid car that likely saved my life! Be safe my Camaro5 brothers and sisters!
Attached Images

2012 AGM LS-3 RS/SS: Airaid CAI, Ceramic Coated Dynatech SuperMaxx LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust, Ted Jannetty Tuned, LS-3 Cowl Badging, RS/SS Fender Badging. Custom Bow-Ties by Lupe
Rdphish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #2
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
It takes a man to admit it.

Good luck on recovery.

Getting another Camaro?
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdphish73 View Post

Hey All,

Apologies for posting such a painful picture. Imagine how I felt!! This is what was left of my 2012 2SS LS3 after a head on collision in April 2015. I'm not proud to admit it, but I was messed up on heroin and nodded off and I hit a Ford Ranger pick-up head on. We were each going around 45-50mph. Some higher power must have been looking out for us, because we ALL walked away with no injuries! I received some nasty airbag burns and a cut on my left knee and that was it. This was also the catalyst that propelled me into quitting all drugs. Last time I used was 442 days ago. I'm so grateful.
I guess congrats to you that you're no longer a junkie. I dated a brown (heroin) junkie a few years back and that was before I knew she was a junkie. She was a real POS and left her kids at home sometimes when she was high, so I got a personal vendetta against users.

Anyways... at least you're clean now and thankfully no one was injured. Take care.

Last edited by Dmpsix; 07-26-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Congrats on 442 days, the only thing better is 443, keep at it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Good to hear about your sobriety, that was a difficult admission I'm sure. Did the police charge you with DUI? Just wondering if all the consequences of the accident are behind you now?
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 AM   #6
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post

Good luck on recovery.

Getting another Camaro?
^^^THIS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Congrats on 442 days, the only thing better is 443, keep at it.
^^^THIS...
Old 07-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #7
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Good to hear about your sobriety, that was a difficult admission I'm sure. Did the police charge you with DUI? Just wondering if all the consequences of the accident are behind you now?
He was on drugs not Alochol. But both of them are killers. On the upside congrulations on the leaving the the drugs. And good luck in your endevor of keeping off them.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #8
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Stay sober, great job and keep it going
Old 07-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #9
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I'm glad to hear everyone walked away. That is about the best life changing experience (wake up call), anyone can have when shit is getting too deep. No lives were taken expect for one, that's the old you. Leave it in the past and share your stories, so maybe others that hear it and save themselves before they get too close to no return. I'm glad you are manning up and taking responsibility of your actions. Live strong, healthy, and humble. Cherish your moments of life going forward and make new friends and connections. The new you will need to erase the old you without taking away your defeats.

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #10
Rdphish73

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
I was arrested absolutely. DWAI Drugs....Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs. A few years ago I got a regular DUI after running in to an old friend on my way home from dinner. So this was a second offense. I was offered the New York Drug Court program. For one year I had to call in every morning for random drug screens and go in front of the judge every Wednesday. I was also required to attend and complete outpatient drug treatment. I graduated from Drug Court 2 months ago. After graduation, I just have to go in front of the judge for 2 minutes once a month for 6 months...as sort of a follow up. I will remain on Probation...technically for 5 years (3 3/4 left) but the D.A. said I'm doing awesome and will likely be released from Probation early.
2012 AGM LS-3 RS/SS: Airaid CAI, Ceramic Coated Dynatech SuperMaxx LT Headers, High Flow Cats, Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust, Ted Jannetty Tuned, LS-3 Cowl Badging, RS/SS Fender Badging. Custom Bow-Ties by Lupe
Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 AM   #11
Rdphish73

Quote:
Originally Posted by amz View Post

Good luck on recovery.

Getting another Camaro?
You bet your ass I am! I'm waiting for the second year of the 6th gen...I also am on the look out for a real nice 1st Gen to toy with! I really miss my Camaro though. I got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee "Overland" with the 5.7 Hemi. Its a really really nice ride...but it's not exactly fun!
Old 07-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #12
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
He was on drugs not Alochol. But both of them are killers. On the upside congrulations on the leaving the the drugs. And good luck in your endevor of keeping off them.
You can still get a DUI ( Driving Under the Influence ) . Can be Drugs or Alcohol . I've heard of people getting DUI for pot .
Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #13
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
good for you stay clean
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #14
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Good luck with your recovery.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote