Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #29
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
He has spoken, sacrifice the virgin…

lmao.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #30
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.

Period.

Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.

Finally some trustworthy information. Thank you. I'm tired of all the rumors...I just want the car to be awesome no matter what year it comes out. It's actually better for me anyway...I'll have time to save for a sweet one.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #31
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I didn't have time to read thru all the thread, but let me say this:

The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.

Period.

The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.

When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.

Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.

Not bad for an all-new world class architecture.

Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.

So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
If indeed it is being released on this timeline, people are going to get tired of waiting for this car and will end up buying Mustangs and Challengers instead, and it will be GMs loss if they don't get it out the door sooner. Alot of your potential customers who are desparate for this car won't be able to wait too much longer. Alot of the 4th generation F-body owners are in need of a new car and won't or can't wait too much longer, as their cars are getting older. And the Challenger and Mustang provide very attractive alternatives. GM will be playing a major game of catch up (that they won't win) as Diamler Chrysler and Ford will have firmly grabbed the muscle car market by 2009. The Camaro will finish a distant third. Dumb strategy, period!
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:26 AM   #32
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Thanks to Scott for setting the record straight.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #33
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
I am totally cool with it coming out in '08. I just want to see a freakin production or close-to-production version soon. Although I know that will not happen until this time next year as they unveil it at the '08 NAIAS.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #34
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I am totally cool with it coming out in '08. I just want to see a freakin production or close-to-production version soon. Although I know that will not happen until this time next year as they unveil it at the '08 NAIAS.
Me too. I sure hope the Fbodfather was merely towing the company line by insisting on an the '09 release. For this car to be profitable and get off to a good start, they have to get it out by '08. Everyone knows the die hard chevy guys will buy it no matter what. The key to the car's success is to attract buyers beyond the die hard Fbody community (ricers, fairweather Mustang fans, etc.). If not, it'll face the same problems as the 4th gen.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Guys, I wish it would come out sooner as well. I, for one, will have no problem with waiting for it to come out in 09. It actually fits my "planned schedule" better. It won't loose it's luster for me. Sure, Ford will be getting the most business right now. If Dodge gets their Challenger out, it will sell quite a lot as well. But, you have to look at it this way......The majority of people already have a favorite in their heads and are already set on what they are going to buy. They won't go ahead and buy another manufacturers car because they have to wait another year for their original choice vehicle to be released. It will happen for some, but not the majority.

Yes, GM needs to speed it up. But, would you rather have GM in the boat it's in now, or have no Concept Camaro at all? I would rather have it take 2 years. Why? Because I know it will be the best damn musclecar short of the Corvette. That's why!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #36
rray200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Guys, I wish it would come out sooner as well. I, for one, will have no problem with waiting for it to come out in 09. It actually fits my "planned schedule" better. It won't loose it's luster for me. Sure, Ford will be getting the most business right now. If Dodge gets their Challenger out, it will sell quite a lot as well. But, you have to look at it this way......The majority of people already have a favorite in their heads and are already set on what they are going to buy. They won't go ahead and buy another manufacturers car because they have to wait another year for their original choice vehicle to be released. It will happen for some, but not the majority.

Yes, GM needs to speed it up. But, would you rather have GM in the boat it's in now, or have no Concept Camaro at all? I would rather have it take 2 years. Why? Because I know it will be the best damn musclecar short of the Corvette. That's why!

You're right about them waiting two years to get the car right. That's true. If they want this iteration of the Camaro to be more successful than the last, one of the things it has to be is significantly better in build quality than the competition. That's for sure. But Bob Lutz has said himself that in order for the business case for this car to be successful, they have to sell between 100,000 to 150,000 of these cars a year. If they don't firmly capture the market before the competition, they won't sell between 100,000-150,000 Camaros a year. This isn't 1969 anymore. The car market has shifted alot with alot of different imports and luxury performance sedans for people to consider as alternatives. Muscle cars are a much smaller specialty market. In order sell this number of cars, you have to grab the market share before the competition does. If they don't get it out by '08, they run a high risk of the car facing the same demise as the 4th generation F-body, and none of us want that to happen here.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
you know what sucks!!!! i saw a picture of a concept mustang - and wholy f*ckin sh*t does it look like the camaro.....

what the hell's up with that?!?

i'll scan it and post it here later 4 u 2 c

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #38
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
It has been posted here
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdigital View Post
you know what sucks!!!! i saw a picture of a concept mustang - and wholy f*ckin sh*t does it look like the camaro.....

what the hell's up with that?!?

i'll scan it and post it here later 4 u 2 c
You mean the one on this thread
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #40
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
nope!

this one (borrowed from popular mechanics)

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #41
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Ah, that's the Giugiaro mustang concept - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #42
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
got to love ford. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote