The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-08-2024, 06:11 AM   #15
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
LOL. Haven’t worked there in 13 years and I could write a book about the stupidity and failures I saw while I was there. Hell my wife was terminated during the bankruptcy costing us healthcare now that we are retired, so no love lost for the company. But you can see the posts every time this happens. In this thread someone called her a diversity hire. So merely defending common sense.

If she were a bad CEO the board would have replaced her. But they seem to think she is doing just fine.
We know your whole story, you’ve told it a thousand times. Telling it one more time isn’t changing anyone’s mind here. You’re a broken record.

The book of boards who have thought their incapable CEOs were doing a bang up job in the history of America would have a thousand pages.

If she’s not a DEI she’s a sycophant for a certain political persuasion. The whole board is. Either way she was not hired for her brain.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:58 AM   #16
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Heeeeeerrreee we go. Anyone who isn't a white male is obviously a DEI hire. Stay true to yourselves Camaro6 forums.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:30 AM   #17
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Sorry GM is making 10 Billion PROFIT per year like a printing press under her leadership. Not going to happen.
10 billion profit?? Maybe old Joe was right. It's not inflation, it's corporate greed.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:30 AM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
10 billion profit?? Maybe old Joe was right. It's not inflation, it's corporate greed.
As pointed out they should be making more. 5% ROS is not exciting by any means.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:31 AM   #19
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
We know your whole story, you’ve told it a thousand times. Telling it one more time isn’t changing anyone’s mind here. You’re a broken record.

The book of boards who have thought their incapable CEOs were doing a bang up job in the history of America would have a thousand pages.

If she’s not a DEI she’s a sycophant for a certain political persuasion. The whole board is. Either way she was not hired for her brain.
Sorry you feel that way.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:21 PM   #20
olrocker

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way.
Don’t be. I’m not.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 04-08-2024, 04:07 PM   #21
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Don’t be. I’m not.
Oh, I know you aren’t. But I don’t know you and that is unfortunately an internet judgment I conclude from your (apparent) insensitive post.
Old 04-08-2024, 06:59 PM   #22
olrocker

Quote:
Oh, I know you aren’t. But I don’t know you and that is unfortunately an internet judgment I conclude from your (apparent) insensitive post.
Life’s hard. Business is harder. If sensitivity is any part of your business acumen you’re in the wrong career. Try Walmart greeter.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 04-08-2024, 08:55 PM   #23
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I'm pretty sure Ms. Barra and her $29 Million per year compensation package don't give a f* what any of you think.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:54 PM   #24
olrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
I'm pretty sure Ms. Barra and her $29 Million per year compensation package don't give a f* what any of you think.
Oh you’re absolutely right.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Old 04-09-2024, 08:15 AM   #25
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
GM has been going out of business due to Barra for the past 10 years according to the "internet experts".

Yet GM is still here......

Only thing that needs to go away is the mindset of anyone that isn't a white male in a prominent position is a political correctness/woke/CRT/DEI or whatever is the latest outrage clickbait generator hire.

It's pathetic. Don't like what she has done as CEO? That's fine. But the jump to whatever is the rage in political BS needs to stop.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:19 AM   #26
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
And this, boys and guys, is the ugly side of social media. This has become a pointless and toxic thread.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 09:14 AM   #27
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Lets take a good look at this. Mary's ship isn't the only one with gaping holes in its side. There is not one, that correct, not one manufacturer short of BMW and Mercedes (I'm not happy with those marques either) that is producing any meaningful or desirous content in terms of new automobiles. It is apparent that the trend in cars is the crossover body style (the carry all but with no meaninful content). In essence, these are rolling refrigerator-freezer style transportation, complete with the door thunk sound and door chimes. I am sure that technology dollars have gone into the design of these vehicles, but aside from safety, one crossover looks just like any crossover vehicle. No styling cues, no aspiration, no sense of style.

Now, if Barra has played a signifcant role in Chevrolet's decline, then certainly she should take blame for it. If she really wants to be remembered as an effective leader, then she should also admit her mistakes and take corrective measures in putting out meaningful car products. I'm sure all of GM's news isn't doom and gloom, but they are a far cry from automotive's glory days.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #28
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’m having a hard time understanding why y’all think Barra is running GM into the ground. The company has been more profitable under her than the last person in charge and probably more than the person in charge before that person.

I don’t like that the Camaro died under her leadership and I hate what happened to the corvette (no manual and ridiculous starting price now). I can’t say I wouldn’t have killed the Camaro too if I was in charge. The car didn’t sell. As ceo it’d be my job to make the company as much money as possible. Of course I’m killing a poor selling name on a very expensive platform. While it sucks that’s what ANY CEO would do.

I wish GM and other companies made cars I liked still but I hate to break it to y’al but we are the minority. There just aren’t many enthusiasts left for them to consider making more enthusiast vehicles.

If I was CEO of any car company I’d most likely opt to kill all my rwd platforms because front drive cars are cheaper to manufacture and would have a few awd cars. There just isn’t that many folks to cater to who would want a rwd option. While it would pain me as a car guy to do that the $100 dollar bills I’d be rolling around on on my bed would make my tears go away.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote