The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
Nighthowl

Drives: 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
Smile Hello From Tennessee!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I live in East Tennessee, moved here 10 years ago. Love the mountains and having four seasons, after spending the previous 10 years in central Florida (little town called Ridge Manor). I was born in Miami, but grew up in Georgia (Douglasville), lived there 17 years. I'm 41 years old and married to my wonderful wife of 11 years, this coming February.

My first car was a 1989 Camaro RS 305, 5 speed. Bought in July 1997. I became a man in that car: first girlfriends, first speeding ticket, first 'experimentation' , first apartment, first house, the list goes on. I still have it, though it's been moth balled in the barn for a time now.

I love that car, and will never part with it. The paint is faded from being in the sun, but the interior is pristine. About 200,000 miles on it. One day I plan on getting it running again, honestly, I could probably put a new battery in it and it will crank right up. My dad and I always said it was the car Christine from the Steven King movie, as it just keeps going.

First, and so far only, new car I've owned is my current DD, a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8 supercharged. It's showing it's age, sadly, and will be traded in at some point in the future.

Going through some financial issues currently. Got caught in the housing collapse just as we were selling our old house and moving up here from Florida. Had two mortgages for a time, treaded water for some years before my health started declining due to mental issues and now diabetes. Unfortunately, we had to file bankruptcy in '13, and have 2 years before we're out of it. Life is tough right now, but you gotta keep pushing.

When the Camaro was reintroduced in 2008, I was ecstatic! I literally cried when it was discontinued in 2000. I visited a showroom near my dad's in Florida, he was with me, and we were like two little kids. Oooing, and ahhhing and all that

At the time, I was getting a lot of overtime, debt was beginning to get paid down, and I thought that in about three years, I could get one of my own. As always, life intervenes, and that dream faded. Earlier this year, I was browsing YouTube, and came across a video for the Camaro6. I was in LOVE! and immediately started dreaming of one day owning one.

I know given my current financial situation, it will be some years before I could even consider making the purchase. But, dreaming of this car gives me a little hope in an otherwise seemingly hopeless situation. I've saved up large sums of money before, and before bankruptcy, I had an 814 credit score. So, I know I have it in me to do it again.

I don't know if by that time the sixth gen will still be in production, or we'll be on to the seventh gen by that point. But on my bucket list is owning a new Camaro.

Just for kicks, I've built some variations on the Chevy site. The 2016 model year had the Velvet Blue Metallic that I LOVED. Sadly, 2017 doesn't offer that color. Currently my build is this: Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  152.1 KB

I would get after market rims as I haven't seen any stock rim options that grab me. And I haven't decided on ground effects or no ground effects. My '89 has them and I love it. I can't tell by the pictures on the build site if they make much of a difference. Anyone have any feedback on this?

Currently, this is truly a 'dream car'. But if you dream hard enough, they become a reality. Thanks for reading.
Nighthowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
Nighthowl

Other option

Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  148.8 KB
Old 12-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
h422694

Drives: '16 Z06 7 Spd, 2024 High Country HD
Love the area. Lived in Blountville (Johnson City area) for a few yrs, then back to Ohio, and now in Kansas. Welcome
h422694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
Nighthowl

We drive up to Johnson City from time to time. Nice and peaceful. Occasionally we'll head up to Bristol around Christmas for the lighting display at the Speedway. Thank you for the welcome.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Welcome aboard.

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 12-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Grey is the better color choice in my opinion, but I'm biased welcome to the forums!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote