Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Camaro1ss View Post
Atleast they left a note with hopefully insurance information.
You are very fortunate. I hope you called them right away and thanked them profusely for being a good citizen.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #30
Redrider2000

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
You are very fortunate. I hope you called them right away and thanked them profusely for being a good citizen.
actually, I was over at my mother in laws last night, this time in the driveway and the lady was outside. we talked for a few minutes and I did thank her.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:53 AM   #31
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I wonder if insurance is gonna replace the whole quarter panel door aperature piece or just splice a new panel in?
very unlikely they replace the whole thing. and truth be told, really don't need to. a good body shop can cut it out and replace and you'll never be able to tell. of course with that type of repair you want to make sure your going to someone that knows what they're doing
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #32
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Do the in-laws feel a little guilty that it happened at their place?

I wonder if insurance is gonna replace the whole quarter panel door aperature piece or just splice a new panel in?

I'm really grateful that I don't have to park on the street. If I did, I wouldn't have even bought my Camaro. I'd probably just get an old cheap 3rd gen or something. Or, get something I hate like an old Mustang II. lol!
You need to request that they replace the whole piece and not cut and weld in only the rear quarter panel piece. When I was hit and my rear quarter panel was damaged, this is what I did & my insurance had no problem making the other party's insurance company pay for it. Although no one may ever be able to tell the weld was there, I would and I wanted it returned to as close to new as possible.