Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #43
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
According to the law they had to prove how a catch can could cause an oil pump failure then show that the catch can on that car did it.
that's all fine and true, but who has the time and money to fight GM in court? that could literally take years
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #44
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
that's all fine and true, but who has the time and money to fight GM in court? that could literally take years
That is what the dealer is counting on. And that is how they have gotten away with it many times.. if you follow the procedure outlined in the link I provided earlier most of the time it will never get that far.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #45
Tony_bar

Drives: 2013 SS RS Convertible
Interesting read here. I had about the same amt of soot on mine the 1st summer I had it but after I cleaned it the soot seems to have dissipated. Although reading these posts you have mentioned getting the car tuned. I recently added a CAI on mine and a pedal commander module. Thinking of having the car tuned in place of the inline commander. Suggestions or input? If I get it tuned whats the best DIY or a good place in the New England are to go to?
Tony_bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #46
Tony_bar

Drives: 2013 SS RS Convertible
Interesting read here. I had about the same amt of soot on mine the 1st summer I had it but after I cleaned it the soot seems to have dissipated. Although reading these posts you have mentioned getting the car tuned. I recently added a CAI on mine and a pedal commander module. Thinking of having the car tuned in place of the inline commander. Suggestions or input? If I get it tuned whats the best DIY or a good place in the New England are to go to?

ps not sure but I think the 1st time I tried to reply to this post it ended up somewhere else... if so sorry
Tony_bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #47
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_bar View Post

ps not sure but I think the 1st time I tried to reply to this post it ended up somewhere else... if so sorry
If you pedal commander has a dial so you can turn it down when necessary (rain, stop-and-go traffic, etc.) you won't have that with a tune. A CAI shouldn't need a tune. Headers usually need a tune when you get that far.

Welcome to the site.