Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #211
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhauler View Post
Sure wish I'd seen this thread before buying my '14 2LS. It probably wouldn't have changed my decision but at least I wouldn't have been surprised. I don't race and this is my DD. And i sit in too many traffic jams to hassle with a manual. Really the only thing I'm pissed about is the LSD delete. It can really come in handy during these New England winters. Oh well, my G8 didn't have one either so I'll live.

I do want to come in with my observations on manual mode. I can shift with the paddles while in D. However it won't let me shift into too high a gear. If I'm doing 40 and try to upshift to 6tha message pops up saying "shift denied". So you can't bog the engine. Other than that, once you understand how it works I find the whole thing quite workable.

-Dennis-

Quote:
When stopped in 'D' it won't shift when I hit the paddles. When stopped in 'M' it will. It won't allow me to shift above 2nd and gives me the "shift denied" message. The DIC does shows M2. When I take off it is actually in 2nd and holds that gear as expected.

Taking off in 2nd is very useful when in snow and I used it quite a bit in the G8 when the roads were bad. Nice to know it works like this in the Camaro too.

Oh I am. I've had it for a week and have >600 miles on it already. Nothing but permagrin here.

-Dennis-
Your sig says you have a 2LT not a 2LS.... They are completely different. If you do have a 2LT then you have the true paddle shifting ability. As you described.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #212
kidhauler

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Your sig says you have a 2LT not a 2LS.... They are completely different. If you do have a 2LT then you have the true paddle shifting ability. As you described.
Sorry for the confusion. I do have a 2LT. Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that

-Dennis-
Old 11-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #213
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. I do have a 2LT. Don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that

-Dennis-
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #214
kidhauler

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Yeah, first time owning a Chevy since 1980. Still wrapping my head around the differences between LS vs LT. Saw this thread and got lost quick. Lol. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #215
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Yeah, first time owning a Chevy since 1980. Still wrapping my head around the differences between LS vs LT. Saw this thread and got lost quick. Lol. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
It's all good, man. Chevy doesn't exactly make it easy for the consumer. Examples:
  • The "2" trim level means something different for the LS models than the rest of the lineup.
  • The SS is a model, and gets SS badging, whereas the RS is an appearance package, and on V6s, has RS badging in the same places as the SS badging on the V8. This leads to confusion with many people referring to their V6s as an RS (i.e., "I have an RS" when they mean, "I have a 2LT with the RS package"). Since you can get the RS package on the 1LT and 2LT (and the 1SS and 2SS), stating you have an "RS" doesn't really tell anyone your model.
Clear as mud, right?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #216
Camarodave66

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
I love my 1LS more and more.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #217
Camarodave66

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
It's all good, man. Chevy doesn't exactly make it easy for the consumer. Examples:
  • The "2" trim level means something different for the LS models than the rest of the lineup.
  • The SS is a model, and gets SS badging, whereas the RS is an appearance package, and on V6s, has RS badging in the same places as the SS badging on the V8. This leads to confusion with many people referring to their V6s as an RS (i.e., "I have an RS" when they mean, "I have a 2LT with the RS package"). Since you can get the RS package on the 1LT and 2LT (and the 1SS and 2SS), stating you have an "RS" doesn't really tell anyone your model.
Clear as mud, right?
Old 11-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #218
2LS14

Drives: 2014 2LS
Will installing a HP tune mean that I have to use premium gas? I mainly want the tune so I can raise the speed limiter. My cousin just bought a used 2013 LT and his car can go pass 118 mph
2LS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #219
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LS14 View Post
Will installing a HP tune mean that I have to use premium gas? I mainly want the tune so I can raise the speed limiter. My cousin just bought a used 2013 LT and his car can go pass 118 mph
Nope you can use whatever gas u want two
Ur main reason for wanting the tune should be to
Be able to go into sports mode and to be able to use a real paddle shit
When shifting which can be all done with hp but to each his own
Old 07-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #220
MrAL300

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue
I have a 2014 2LS. Is there much of a difference between driving in "D" versus driving in "M6"? It seems to be the same.
MrAL300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #221
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
2014 Automatic 2ls

I have the 2014 2ls Automatic v6. When I shift into M it at a stop it goes to M1, when I hit the gas and go WOT It will red line without shifting. When I shift into M at whatever speed I am going it will go into an appropriate gear to not have a high rev, you can then down shift and get it into a gear it will allow with a higher rev, but it wont go to a near red line gear.

I will note that it feels like the car doesn't have that extra juice with respect to the gearing ratio. I would have like to know the gearing ratio information before I purchased, but all in all its still only a v6 its not a V8. It will do.
Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #222
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAL300 View Post
I have a 2014 2LS. Is there much of a difference between driving in "D" versus driving in "M6"? It seems to be the same.
Driving a 2LS in M6 is indeed essentially the same as driving in "D."
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 07-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #223
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostog27 View Post
I have the 2014 2ls Automatic v6. When I shift into M it at a stop it goes to M1, when I hit the gas and go WOT It will red line without shifting. When I shift into M at whatever speed I am going it will go into an appropriate gear to not have a high rev, you can then down shift and get it into a gear it will allow with a higher rev, but it wont go to a near red line gear
Ghostog27, the behavior you describe is normal for a 2LS.

Try this: while stopped, shift into M. The DIC will likely show M1, as you stated above. Now hit the paddle and try to upshift (while still stopped). Can you get the display to show M4? M6? (You should be able to, in a 2LS.)

That's the difference between the 2LS and the automatic LT cars. In the LTs, with TapShift, it will say "shift denied" in the DIC if the same experiment is attempted.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #224
bigdcamaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro V6 Fuel-Injected 2LS
New gear ratio for more acceleration and speed

ive got a 2015 camaro v6 and i have stock gears and i was wondering what gear ratio would make it faster or accelerate faster?
bigdcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote