Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-10-2020, 03:52 PM   #15
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Nice! I'm in Gilbert. I HIGHLY recommend getting paint protection film. It has saved my ZL1's paint and I'm so glad I've got it.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:19 PM   #16
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Welcome from Northern AZ!
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:45 PM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Welcome to the 6gen forum and ZL1 club here! You will have a good drive to Las Vegas and one you can remember! I really wouldn’t do anything(mods)to your Camaro as it is pretty stout as is from the factory. The Firebird you are building can serve as the modded beast in the garage!��
Old 02-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #18
Alponcho

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Perfect.... I can't even tell you how much I would have liked to to a project like this to mine.
I knew when I finally let it go that someday the regrets would come.

Look forward to to seeing yours done some day.

Attachment 1019141
Awesome photo! Brings back memories. I wish I had my old photos from back in the day, but my ex literally burned everything one night while I was away (we were in the process of splitting up). Here's one that I really regret selling.
Attached Images

Alponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alponcho View Post
Awesome photo! Brings back memories. I wish I had my old photos from back in the day, but my ex literally burned everything one night while I was away (we were in the process of splitting up). Here's one that I really regret selling.
Oh man... That is a tough sell. I told my wife when we married that she would go before the Firebird did.

When I sold the car after 20 years (3 teenagers, insurance and a driveway full of cars) she said I guess I'm here to stay...
Old 02-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #20
Alponcho

After a couple weeks of ownership, and two tanks of gas, absolutely no complaints.

My overall impression is that the car seems to have a lot more in common with my older muscle/pony cars than some of the newer cars I've owned.

--Hard to keep my foot out of it, so mpg has been awful. My Tesla owning colleague was appalled when he saw the mpg on my trip meter.
--Smell of oil/fluids/tires after a spirited drive.
--Exhaust soot on my garage floor.
--Inconvenient accommodations for phone and other knick knacks (wallet, sunglasses, etc.).
--Regardless of these issues, I look for every excuse to drive it!

Have PPF on the front and mirrors, but there are a couple very small paint chips, so the pressure is off with respect to trying to keep it pristine.

She does needs a bath, and I noticed some wax (or possibly wrap adhesive) residue in some creases in the body panels that I'll attend to this weekend.

I checked the oil and tire pressure before my first drive, but I haven't gone through the car mechanically yet...anything in particular I should pay attention to?
Old 03-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #21
Alponcho

Well, it’s supposed to rain cats and dogs here for the next couple days so I’ll have to drive one of my other cars to Vegas. I don’t mind driving it in the rain, but the factory tires are a bit worn and are not the best in the rain or cold. I’ve driven almost 1k miles in a month, and have been surprised a couple times in those conditions.Oh well, there will be other long drives.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #22
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
New member in AZ

Welcome!!

Hope to meet ya. In Scottsdale too. Here is mine.

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals

Last edited by Hard Parker; 03-12-2020 at 02:33 AM.
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:45 PM   #23
Alponcho

My boy’s soccer showcase got cancelled so I didn’t have to drive to Vegas after all. So tomorrow I’m going to spent some time with a heat gun and some goo gone and remove all the little wrap remnants and adhesive residue I keep finding. Can’t imagine what it looked like in multicolored glitter.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #24
MRLZL1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE 6MT
Quote:
Hi Folks. Just bought an '18 ZL1, A10 & PDR.

I'm building a pro-touring car ('70 Firebird Formula), but it's taking forever to finish, so I bought this to hold me over. My son convinced me that a ZL1 is a much better option than the other more expensive performance oriented cars I was considering. For once he was right!

He already has a small list of mods he thinks "we" should do. It's funny, I have a couple '60s muscle cars, and he's never shown much interest in them, but now all of a sudden he wants to start wrenching! His first order of business was removing the front license plate mount.

The plan is to use it as a quasi dd. I'll be making the 4 hr trip to Vegas in it in a couple weeks, and am curious to know how well it will work on a longer drive. I'm considering a spare tire kit from Modern Spare, unless there are better options? Waiting in the desert for a tow really sucks.
Welcome! I just moved to Scottsdale in October. You should bring your son to the pavillions car show tonight. It's fun and Camaro night
MRLZL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #25
MRLZL1LE

Rock and Roll Car and Bike Show at McDonald's in Scottsdale Pavilions

FYI it's older cars in the early evening transitioning to rice cars and younger crowd at night after 9:30ish. I'll be there in my black ZLE

Last edited by MRLZL1LE; 03-14-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:12 AM   #26
Alponcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRLZL1LE View Post
Rock and Roll Car and Bike Show at McDonald's in Scottsdale Pavilions

FYI it's older cars in the early evening transitioning to rice cars and younger crowd at night after 9:30ish. I'll be there in my black ZLE
I go every now and then to hang with my Pontiac buddies, but now I guess I’ll have to split my time...looking forward to making new friends. However, I was told that it was being cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns until further notice. Maybe maybe information is wrong?
Old 03-14-2020, 10:20 AM   #27
MRLZL1LE

Quote:
I go every now and then to hang with my Pontiac buddies, but now I guess I’ll have to split my time...looking forward to making new friends. However, I was told that it was being cancelled due to Covid-19 concerns until further notice. Maybe maybe information is wrong?
I was going to ignore the fact that it might be cancelled and just go. Lol
Old 03-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #28
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Smile

* Congrats Alponcho.
* I picked my 2017 ZL1 Vert 6 Speed used in NJ.
* Drove back to San Jose, CA where I live.
* 3,500 miles.
* Great drive, except when the AC gave out in the Midwest on a 100 F day. I got it checked - no faults.
* I use it as a daily driver.
* Good luck with yours!
Attached Images

Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote