Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #57
cb4dude

Drives: 2010 LT1 M6
This is my summer "Toy". I enjoy being able to drive it every day, and wouldn't trade up to the SS for that reason. It is fast, can light up the tires easily, and gets awesome fuel economy for long road trips. I wouldn't mind having a COPO for the track to wow, amaze and kick everyone's ass, but, unless there is a lotto win..... This is "IT" for me.
Doug Thorley Shorty Headers - K&N CAI - VMax Black Iceolator - VMax Ported Throttle Body - Hotchkis Lowering Springs - BMR Toe Rods & Trailing Arms - American Racing Rims - Polished stainless accents - Chrome Grill - 1LT Badging
cb4dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #58
MC2411

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
The Camaro is definately THE car for me. I settled for a silverado before this car and well it's just a truck, but the Camaro is the car for me. The only car I would trade it for is my friends dads Aston Martin DBS. That is a no brainer though. The Camaro is just purely awesome
MC2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
swap out those really nice RS rims for the nice-ish 18" ones and your car would look just like mine.

did you get the stripes added to the car or did it come with them?
i had to get the stripes added on mine, but since it was worked into the deal, it didn't cost me anything (standard rally stripes). even if they wouldn't do the stripes for free, i would have still gotten them. SIM almost needs stripes IMO.
got the wheels off a member on this forum about a year and a half ago, mine came with the 18' Bavarians that are stock on the 1LT, these are SS polished 20's. the dealer added the stripes unbeknown st to me the day I drove from WV two hours to Mckeesport PA to buy the car, so it was a freebie. wasn't enamored with them at first but they have grown on me, wouldn't imagine her with out them now

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #60
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Well i do love my camaro and right now there is nothing out there that i can afford that i would get rid of it for but if someone were to give me a New 427 Vette convertable i might part with it. Also my It car is a Z28 since there is not Z28 yet this isnt the it car but its a nice stop gap but I do like the new Ats caddy now if that came in a coupe and Vseries at the same time as the Z28 id have a hard time deciding.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #61
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkerOU View Post
I just ordered my 2013 Camaro. I think I will keep it for 3 years and upgrade when the new body comes out, providing it looks good.
This is awesome! I am sure you can't wait to get your new Camaro! Please let us know how your delivery goes! Congratulations.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #62
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I love my 2012 LS3 SS!! I recently sold my boosted C5 Corvette and to be honest, I like the Camaro better. That being said, my true love would be an LS7 ZO6 Vette!
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #63
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
I love my Camaro and will drive it into the ground. Over a long time though, as I still haven't broken 10k miles in a year and a half!
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #64
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
Every time I walk up to it, I admire its beauty.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #65
sprangalang

Drives: 2012 2SS
Y E S

Absolutely the best car I have owned. But that isn't saying much, I've been a mini van, econo-car driver all my life. Now that the kids are grown up and I have a short commute, time for Dad. It was worth the wait.

I don't see myself getting tired of the car for a long, long time, daily driver or not. I will always look for reasons to take a drive in the Camaro! I never cared too much for road trips before. That has changed.

Cheers!
sprangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #66
H0peful1

Drives: --
We don't have ours yet, but we can't wait to get it! Had one as a rental, and we were sold!

Now, if we win the powerball, lol, I'd probably get a Audi R8 Spyder or Bugatti in addition to the Camaro!
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #67
SSaltlife

Drives: '17 2SS Convertible 6M
I do enjoy my SS. I named her Marilyn (as in Marilyn Monroe) . It is a great reflection of my personality and a joy to drive. At the end of a long work day, I drop the top and smile all the way home!
SSaltlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #68
TJR1952

Drives: 2013 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoansDriver View Post
I've found the love for the Camaro on this site has varying levels on this site. Plenty of people who are obsessed with their car, and likely are no where near considering parting with it and, the other end of the spectrom are those who consider it just another car, and wouldn't think twice about parting with the car.

I feel I'm the former, and I wouldn't consider for one second moving Joan. I however did just get her. And I'm sure I'm mostly just in the honeymoon phase with my car. But I also don't intend to deal the car, at any point.

So where do you stand with your Camaro? Is she the "it" car for you? Or are you just as easily to move on to another make and model tomorrow, if the oportunity comes up?

Anyone who names their car , are on a whole different level.
TJR1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #69
rocknRllr

Drives: 2013 2LT Crystal Red Metallic
I'm 59 years young and this is my last Camaro - bought my first one at age 21 in 1975. The beauty of owning this one is when I crank up the 'Van Halen', slide the top back I'm 21 all over again!
rocknRllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #70
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
I love my Car, and I love Camaro's.... I don't intend to sell it unless I find a good deal on a 2010-2012 Jet Stream Blue ZR1 or Z06... The ZR1 in JSB is my dream car, Obviously this is a car I will have to buy used someday. But my Car is not just a Car to me. I drive it, and I drive it spirited, but I keep very good care of it

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote