The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
New to the C7? NORMAL things the car does....

...but you might think you have a "broken" car. A few things on the car are normal, but the sales guy did not tell you. If you feel or see the following, they are NORMAL and part of the C7 experience. Many other threads here on WHY it is this way, this is just a list:

1.Tires/front end chatter/clunk on full lock slow turns
2.Water drips from car after shutoff from A/C (small amts, no oilyness, just water)
3.The motor top makes clicking noises when running/idling (direct injectors)
4.The motor will turn a few revs before lighting up on start ( engine pressurizing fuel system)
5. Oil may read different levels on either side of dipstick on a non z51 car. Take the average of both sides.
6. The trunk will be hard to close when new, many report it gets better with mileage, some do not.
7. when filling up with fuel or unlocking the driver door, you will hear a few clicks near the fuel door, more than one...
8. the indentation in the Styrofoam battery cover is not missing anything, it's for a euro tow eye bolt that is not supplied on US cars.
9. the first 20%-30% of the throttle response is very damped (numb), especially in Wet, Eco and Tour modes compared to older Vettes and other brands.
10. Upon full acceleration of a automatic, when shifting, it will backfire "bark", due to computer settings/ unburned fuel.

Please feel free to add others to this thread, I will keep the list up to date....

Naturally it goes without saying, RTFM.....LOL

Last edited by Glen e; 07-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Gabbott

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red C7 Convertible *
Glen;
My new C7 appears to be missing two front fender bolts, one on either side of the fenders, in the center.? Each fender lip has an open hole. But I checked a new C7 still at the dealer, and it had the same two open holes. Is this common with all C7's? If so, you'd think that the General could have at least pressed a fake screw plug in there, to make the edge of the fender look like it was put together properly?
Gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
Glen,
Are you talking about when you floor it (slow response)....I find that mine will be doing a 50 mph roll, and when you floor it it has a little hesitation....but if I take traction control OFF....it goes away.........
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just been reported on another site that it's a bit numb off the start vs c6 and others...techs report "no fault found"(NFF)
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
route66

Drives: 66 coupe 78 pace car 2014 coupe
All C7's are missing the 2 center bolts on the hood 1 on each side.
For my non Z51 car I had 2 different readings on my oil dip stick one side read full and the other side read 1/2 qt. low and the 1/2 qt. low was the correct reading so I would be leery of just rotating the stick to make both sides read full. After a oil change it read full on both sides as it should.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
route66

[QUOTE=route66;7819852]All C7's are missing the 2 center bolts on the hood 1 on each side.
For my non Z51 car I had 2 different readings on my oil dip stick one side read full and the other side read 1/2 qt. low and the 1/2 qt. low was the correct reading so I would be leery of averaging 2 different readings. Also on another thread it was suggested to rotate the dip stick so it would read full. After a oil change it read full on both sides as it should.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
The C7 puts a HUGE smile permanently on your face!

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
route66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
The C7 puts a HUGE smile permanently on your face!
This is true of everyone that drives a C7.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
mracer

Drives: 2014 stingray
slow turn clunk on left front-only after sitting overnight. Won't repeat after first sharp slow turn???
mracer is offline   Reply With Quote