The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
goldbug

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Roof panel thickness

Does anyone happen to know off hand how thick each of the roof panels are? When I test drove one with the clear roof, it looked about 3/32" or so thick.

The reason I'm asking: with my helmet on, I can't seem to find a good seating position where I'm neither pressing up against the roof nor contacting the rear frame of the roof. I was hoping that the standard CF roof (what I have) is somehow thicker than the clear panel enough that I can go that route for track days, instead of rubbing the roof or running with the top off (or replacing the seats).

Anyone know?
goldbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
I don't know the actual thickness of the roofs, but I've heard from several sources (take that for what it's worth) that the clear panel roof is thinner.

I think outside of forums, they told me that at the Fellows Driving School (which I highly recommend). They should know as they were extensively trained by Chevy and own about 125 stingrays.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:46 PM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
I don't know the clear roof's thickness, but I do know it's made of polycarbonate and is heavy as heck when I'm taking it off.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote