The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-07-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
romotorin

Drives: Arctic White/Kalahari Z51 Convert
Door rub

After more than six months of extreme pleasure, the right door leading edge started rubbing inside front fender. I noticed a rub sound which I mistakenly disregarded. Now paint is rubbed off.

Panels appear mismatched, not previously apparent. There is no apparent reason, absolutely no body damage. Any ideas as to why this could happen?

Z51 Arctic White Convertible, 7 speed, Black wheels, performance exhaust mag ride, museum delivery 01/06/2014. Kalahari 3LT, Kalahari top. Vin: 9433. Mileage: 4883.
Attached Images

romotorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Did the other half drive it and scrape the chin pushing the fender back a little?

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
C7Driver

Drives: 2014 Z51 Lime Rock Green
It's worth having the dealer, if you trust them, take a look at the door and fender fitment. They should inspect the bolts that secure the fender and make certain they are tight and the alignment is correct. Same for the door's attachment points. Let us know how this turns out.
C7Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
romotorin

Drives: Arctic White/Kalahari Z51 Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Driver View Post
It's worth having the dealer, if you trust them, take a look at the door and fender fitment. They should inspect the bolts that secure the fender and make certain they are tight and the alignment is correct. Same for the door's attachment points. Let us know how this turns out.
Had dealer, Wallace Chevrolet, Stuart, FL, warranty service on door rub. Made appointment, took less than an hour.

They adjusted fender, said upper mount fastener loose, and offered to paint door. I opted for touch up. Back to normal.

What is disturbing is that fender mounting came loose. Why? And will it loosen again?
romotorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
That's the passenger door. Same thing happened to me. I didn't notice it until I had the car 3 weeks...because I never used the passenger door. I suspect it was always like that (on my car)

For my car, 6 mos and thousands of miles later, no more problems after they re-aligned it.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
hotwheels65

Drives: 2014 Limerock Green Z51
I had the same problem. I recently found this post on the Stingray Forum.
"Door / Fender Rub-Bulletin PI1220: There have been more than a few owners that have had a mis-aligned door to front fender issue. GM has issued this bulletin (PI1220) so that the door can be aligned correctly. If you have any rubbing between the door and the fender it is in your best interest to get it back to a certified Corvette dealer for proper alignment. There have been several owners that have had paint failures in the area of the rub."
hotwheels65 is offline   Reply With Quote