The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-02-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
wait time for 2015

Im a few months away from being able to confidently pull the metaphorical trigger on the C7 and after looking at the new A8 transmission im debating waiting for the 2015 model and I have a few question.

When does everyone expect the prices to be released for the 2015 model?
What will the price increase be for the 2015 model and more specifically where should a base model C7 A8 start at?
The dealer I spoke to today at Les Stanford told me I could possibly order in a few months and expect a 4-6 week wait once building of the 2015 model starts placing my car here around oct. Does this sound reasonable being that iv heard horror stories about people waiting months when told they would get it earlier?
Also to all those who bought theirs I would greatly appreciate tips on what I should and shouldn't do to best insure I get what I want and for a reasonable price. I am in Southern Indiana so I am also looking for the best dealer who will give me GMS.

This is a big processes so I appreciate all the help I can get.
-Nicholas
walky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I don't have all of those answers but I can hopefully help you out a little bit.

The final day of production for the 2014 Corvette is August 8 and the first day of production for the 2015 Corvette is August 11. So the earliest that you could expect a vehicle would probably be 5 or 6 weeks after that date. But that will only happen if you are at the front of the line at a large dealership AND get a little lucky. If there is a large demand at first just like with the 2014 Corvette, your wait could be a few weeks or months longer, but Les Stanford is one of the biggest Corvette Dealerships so if you order from them and I would imagine that you would have it by the end of October at the absolute latest (as long as you are at the top of the list and the dealer has an allocation for your order). Most of the horror stories come from people who order from smaller dealerships and have an item or items on constraint. I would highly suggest only ordering from one of the top 8 largest Corvette dealrships in the country. They are the ones with the majority of the allocations and they WILL get your car built without any horror stories. You can start placing orders for the 2015 Corvette on June 26, 2014.

There will definitely be a price increase in 2015 but I do not have any inside information on how much it will be. They cannot keep up with the demand for the Z51 package so there will likely be another significant increase on that as well.

The options that you choose have to be up to you. But I would recommend AT LEAST getting the Performance Exhaust. I would also recommend the Z51 Package, Magnetic Selective Ride Control, and the Carbon Fiber Interior Trim if you can afford it and if they are no longer on constraint by then.

Good luck! And let us know if you have any other questions
Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Les Stanford is usually third or fourth in the nation in Corvette deliveries so allocation will not be a problem. Pricing usually comes out about a month before the start of production so look for word around July 15. There is a few week hold after the start as part of quality review so the first of the '15s will likely not be on the road until the Thursday or Friday before Labor Day, and that is an optimistic take. As for a price increase, I would be astounded if there was none but also if it was as much as the mid model year increase that garnered so much attention: my guess about $500 plus whatever now option but then standard equipment costs.

When the C6 went from the A4 in its first model year to the A6 there was a delay in release for the automatic equipped orders. I do not recall how long, I think three or four weeks but someone who knows will likely post the correct time for the delay.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
There is an article on edmunds that includes a statement from Chevy that the 2015 price won't be too different

See here

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...september.html
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
There is an article on edmunds that includes a statement from Chevy that the 2015 price won't be too different

See here

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...september.html
Really hoping the price doesn't increase too much... been saving a while for the car and the increase would be heartbreaking

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Someone at Chevy told me it will increase by 3%
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #7
asptroopa1
asptroopa1

Drives: 2014 Corvette
I heard today....no Z-51s when the first 2015 s come off the line. The Video system is only available in the Z-51, and it might be a month or two for a Z-51 to come off the line......just what I heard.
asptroopa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
C7Newbie

Drives: 2004 C5,2009 C6, TBD 2015 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by asptroopa1 View Post
I heard today....no Z-51s when the first 2015 s come off the line. The Video system is only available in the Z-51, and it might be a month or two for a Z-51 to come off the line......just what I heard.
I ordered 2015 C7from dealer (Tommy in NH) on 21 June trading my C6 in and it went into the system on 26-Jun-2014 when GM opened ordering for them. I got status of 3000 on 9 July with a target production week of 11 August. I think this is the first production week for 2015. This is a no frills LT1 (A8, NPP, Battery Protect) so less of a queue for parts I guess.

FYI,
Bob
C7Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote