The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Retrieving Freedom Car Show

Finally on the downhill side of being ill for more than a month now, I took Ursula to the Retrieving Freedom Car Show at Rydell Chevrolet today in Waterloo, Iowa.

All proceeds went to the Retrieving Freedom program. They train service dogs for our wounded Veterans and for a select few folks who can't afford them.

http://retrievingfreedom.org/

There were over 150 cars in attendance and many more just on display. Sorry I didn't get any pictures, but I was doing good just getting the energy up to go.

There were 25 different classes and one plaque for best in each class, plus one Best of Show and one Veterans Choice.

Ursula was in the Corvette 1984 to Present Class.

Ursula took Best Corvette in our class. I was humbled and shocked cuz this was the biggest class of the show.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hulkamaniac; 07-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Congratulations on the win! It's always fun to be chosen. Sorry to hear you've been ill, but glad you're on the mend!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Thank you purpleRac3r!

Being ill really sucked, but the adverse reaction I had from the antibiotic Levaquin/Levothoxacin they gave me was worse than my illness. After 4 days I started experiencing side effects and they immediately took me off it.

However my illness was in retreat after only 4 days of a 10 regimen so it worked. But at a price.

VERY powerful antibiotic, but has VERY dangerous side effects. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-8235...l&pagenumber=6

I'm currently suffering from accute tendonitis. Most of the tendons in my body, in my knees, ankles, and my Achilles Tendons feel like tight rubber bands.

Now I get to worry about rupturing any of those tendons. The most common tendons to rupture are the tendons in your thumbs and Achilles tendons.

The accute tendonitis could be a permanent condition.

I wish I never took the antibiotic, but the doctor said it was a last ditch resort to cure me and if it wouldn't have worked he would have sent me to the Mayo Clinic.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Congrats on the win!!!

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote