The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 07-14-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Gabbott

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red C7 Convertible *
Styrofoam Battery Cover Question

While inspecting my week-old C7, I noticed that there is an imprint on the top of the Styrofoam battery cover (in the trunk). It appears to be for some kind of tool? However, there isn't anything in it? Do any of you know if the factory was supposed to supply something in that space? Did any of you get a tool of some kind in that space?
Gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
The foam cover is a shared part with European and Asian export cars. Many of those countries require a tow hook or tow eye on-board the car at all times. The recess you refer to is for the tow eye. It would thread into a bracket behind the cover on the left lower rear fascia or behind the removable insert in the front grill, just to the passenger side of center in the upper row. Our North American cars do not have the rear bracket or tow eye, but we may have the needed hole in front behind the plastic valance behind the grill. I've looked for part numbers, diagrams, etc. at my dealership. We found diagrams showing these pieces, but apparently the NA parts ordering system doesn't have any numbers.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Gabbott

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red C7 Convertible *
purpleRac3r;
That makes sense. You obviously are on top of this stuff.
I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing a part, and you have confirmed that.

Thank you
Gabbott is offline   Reply With Quote