The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #15
Calvinball

Drives: 98 Grand Prix GTP, 99 Camaro
I think that the big foreign companies are going to start becoming the slow behemoths, and the american companies are becoming smaller and more nimble. A turn of the tables, as it were.
Calvinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
Luna
Own one, dont date one!!!

Drives: Tiburon
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna
I wonder what the results of the poll were before it was posted on this site. I have owned both foreign and american cars. My first car which was american was a lemon, but I think every brand has their lemons, and I've never really thought badly about american made cars since my pontiac. My current car is a 99 tiburon. I really have had very few problems with it, only once about six months ago I had major problems, but I think thats because it was not being used regularly while I was out of the country. I'll see how long she lasts after I get the Camaro. I wont wanna put too many miles on the new car right away.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
militaryman69
Huh?

Drives: 02' impala... gotta save.
I drive an 02 impala and love it. Had an 02 Malibu, and a sunfire. Not the best cars (Sunfire) but good overall. Impala especially. Of course I would buy an American car, isn't that what the camaro is???
militaryman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #18
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I saw something funny yesterday. An old man driving a new Ford Fusion with a bumper sticker that read 'Losing your job? Keep buying foreign!'

I'm sure every item in his house is 100% USA made and sold. I'm sure that Fusion he is driving (manufactured in MEXICO, built on the MAZDA/FORD CD3 platform, designed by MAZDA, developed in JAPAN) is 100% USA.

Give me a break...
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #19
Luna
Own one, dont date one!!!

Drives: Tiburon
Send a message via Yahoo to Luna
Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman69 View Post
I drive an 02 impala and love it. Had an 02 Malibu, and a sunfire. Not the best cars (Sunfire) but good overall. Impala especially. Of course I would buy an American car, isn't that what the camaro is???
That was my lemon car. My sunfire was a 95. She lasted till 99, had to change break pads twice and transmission went out in late 98.
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM   #20
jbynum69
God of thunder

Drives: 95 Mustang GT
well lets see here this is the truth about americans now adays.
most people are so anti-give a crap and don't realize the cost of our greed as americans for cheep crap that says fubu and nike and porche or even camaro.
we are so hung up on the product that we don't care about the makers or who we are paying to get it. the average person could care less if his or her nieghbor buys american or even dies for that matter these days , for all we care about now is products and money. If you think that it is not important to buy american then stop buying houses here or saying your proud to be here in this country and go live in another country , and also if you don't like it what I say then tough !!! I am an american where my family fought for this country you spit upon and say other nasty thing about it . Like the song says " If you don't like it here ,then go somewhere else I won't miss you"

Just remember you have this freedom to buy all this stuff because you live in america not mexico , or canada or some other country . I will always back american products before buying something from some country that hates me for being free.

My first car was a 72 ss
I've owned 9 camaro's over the yrs...:
jbynum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #21
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbynum69 View Post
well lets see here this is the truth about americans now adays.
most people are so anti-give a crap and don't realize the cost of our greed as americans for cheep crap that says fubu and nike and porche or even camaro.
we are so hung up on the product that we don't care about the makers or who we are paying to get it. the average person could care less if his or her nieghbor buys american or even dies for that matter these days , for all we care about now is products and money. If you think that it is not important to buy american then stop buying houses here or saying your proud to be here in this country and go live in another country , and also if you don't like it what I say then tough !!! I am an american where my family fought for this country you spit upon and say other nasty thing about it . Like the song says " If you don't like it here ,then go somewhere else I won't miss you"

Just remember you have this freedom to buy all this stuff because you live in america not mexico , or canada or some other country . I will always back american products before buying something from some country that hates me for being free.
That's just it, it is nearly impossible to buy anything that is 100% USA today. There is no vehicle out there that is 100% American made anymore.
Look at the big three, they all have joint ventures of some kind or another with the Asian automakers, how can GM build vehicles with companies like Toyota and people complain that too many people buy foreign automobiles? It makes no sense. Once the automakers joined forces, all bets are off IMO.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote