The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 10-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
yxjackxh

Drives: corvette c6
Ordering?

Anybody know any reputable dealer in the Southern California area that is willing to sell the c7's for MSRP?
yxjackxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yxjackxh View Post
Anybody know any reputable dealer in the Southern California area that is willing to sell the c7's for MSRP?
I ordered mine from Quality Chevrolet in Escondido. Black on black, 2LT Z51 @ MSRP. They had 10 initial allocations, 6 coupes and 4 verts. All 10 are spoken for. I am number 11. Ask for Lori Rios. She's off until Wednesday, though.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
yxjackxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
I ordered mine from Quality Chevrolet in Escondido. Black on black, 2LT Z51 @ MSRP. They had 10 initial allocations, 6 coupes and 4 verts. All 10 are spoken for. I am number 11. Ask for Lori Rios. She's off until Wednesday, though.
Thanks! when is your car expected for arrival? I'm also doing a trade-in or private sell for my C6 depending on what they will offer for the trade-in and thats about a 2-3 hour drive from where i am
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Thanks! when is your car expected for arrival? I'm also doing a trade-in or private sell for my C6 depending on what they will offer for the trade-in and thats about a 2-3 hour drive from where i am
Well, since mine isn't technically "ordered" yet...it could be a while. Maybe after Christmas, depending on how soon Quality gets an allocation. I'm hoping to find out this week that the three above me won't forgo the CF hood and competition sport seats. Also I need the Z51 constraint to be lifted. If it ends up being after the first of the year, I'd be ok. I got more time than money anyway...
Old 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
yxjackxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Well, since mine isn't technically "ordered" yet...it could be a while. Maybe after Christmas, depending on how soon Quality gets an allocation. I'm hoping to find out this week that the three above me won't forgo the CF hood and competition sport seats. Also I need the Z51 constraint to be lifted. If it ends up being after the first of the year, I'd be ok. I got more time than money anyway...
Yeah no worries, gives time for us to gather some more money during the wait. I actually found a dealer that's charging MSRP but I would be #4 or 5 on the waiting list and he said that could be approximately 3-10 months depending on when the people before me get their cars and how soon I go in to put my deposit down for the list. Hopefully this week!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Yeah no worries, gives time for us to gather some more money during the wait. I actually found a dealer that's charging MSRP but I would be #4 or 5 on the waiting list and he said that could be approximately 3-10 months depending on when the people before me get their cars and how soon I go in to put my deposit down for the list. Hopefully this week!
Wow, that's quite a long spectrum!
Up to 10 months?!
By then... which would be Aug 2014... the '15 models will be on the horizon!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
yxjackxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Wow, that's quite a long spectrum!
Up to 10 months?!
By then... which would be Aug 2014... the '15 models will be on the horizon!
Yeah.. I feel like 10 months was pushing it. I'm not sure why he approximated it that long. I think by then there would be many cars out in the dealerships for MSRP and many other dealers would offer MSRP as well for ordering.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
No doubt on both points.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
I bought my Gen V from Jerry at Dellilo Chevy in Huntington Beach in 2009. I haven't spoken to him but they should be charging MSRP as they did for the Camaros.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
yxjackxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
No doubt on both points.

Laborsmith
Is there an estimate of when the stingrays will be mass produced to hit dealers where buyers would not have to order the car to receive it?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Dealer stock orders are being produced even as I post. Of the approxiamately 4000 built so far, I would guess about half are retail sold leaving 2000 for dealer stock.

A point not to be forgotten, about half a dozen or so dealers have received and will receive about 50% of the allocations. That means before Halloween these dealers will have dozens in stock. One gets the impression that every C7 thus far assembled is a retail sold order. That is a false impression.

These 6 to 8 dealers arrived at this point because in the past they successfully sold half of the Corvettes built, which means in the course of this model year they will get half of the allocations.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
RJ111

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Dealer stock orders are being produced even as I post. Of the approxiamately 4000 built so far, I would guess about half are retail sold leaving 2000 for dealer stock.

A point not to be forgotten, about half a dozen or so dealers have received and will receive about 50% of the allocations. That means before Halloween these dealers will have dozens in stock. One gets the impression that every C7 thus far assembled is a retail sold order. That is a false impression.

These 6 to 8 dealers arrived at this point because in the past they successfully sold half of the Corvettes built, which means in the course of this model year they will get half of the allocations.

Laborsmith
I agree. I saw a Large Dealer that has 8 or 10 on the way in right now for stock.

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 rwhp,646 rwtq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
yxjackxh

Quote:

Laborsmith
I see, thank you. So it would only be a matter of when most dealers are going to sell at MSRP.. and finding the color you want.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
MONTANACARGUY

Drives: CHEV TAHOE CHEV IMPALA 69' COUGAR
I have two coming for stock. One Blade silver and one Crystal red. Call Michael Smith at City Motor Co. in Great Falls ,Mt. Selling at MSRP. 406 761 4900 and I can get you my build sheets. One is at 3400, the other at 3300.
MONTANACARGUY is offline   Reply With Quote